Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:18:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Very important message  (Read 3345 times)

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
Re: Very important message
« Reply #30 on January 29, 2021, 12:25:03 am by Jimmydee »
Justice has been served!

There's been some scumbag called Callum known as Cal going round breaking in to people's houses in Doncaster and it’s villages  for months, but the police can't catch him. The weirdest thing about it all, is he was breaking into people's houses and ruining their washing machines by putting bricks in to them & turning them on while helping himself to whatever he wanted!!!!! Really weird if you ask me...

Anyway, just read that he was found dead in an alley cause of a drug overdose...

It's never nice hearing of someone's death, but on the bright side, washing machines live longer with Cal gone...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 29, 2021, 04:59:46 am by Donnywolf »
I will say be careful these men are tooled up and drive in a blue van with 2 or 3 cars not far away as well , Had someone knock on the door at Campsall on Tuesday asking if we wanted double glazing and then asked if the dog would bite them if they came in the house.
Do i know you rich1471 if you are from Campsall?

Yes it’s been rife for burglaries in this area over the last few weeks. Cars are getting nicked so keep your keys in a box or tin if you have a push button ignition. I have been told they have a device which can trigger your car key in the house and open the door and start the car.

If you have a keyless car and have house keys on it do not leave the keys in the door or near it. Wrapping them in Foil or putting them in microwave overnight is a con also. Do yourself a big favour and spend a fiver on a faraday bag/ pouch. They sell them in Halfords and online. Trust me they work and are worth every penny. Do not become a statistic.

Mine cost £4 from somewhere I cant remember but works so well that I cant even open my Car when I have it in the Pouch. Have to take it out beforeyless will work

One think I did notice reading this though - I didnt think of the Spare Fob so better get another - but I do make sure everything is locked up at night - especially winter - as soon as I know I wont be going out again.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 29, 2021, 07:13:57 am by Getridorit »
This is fare more important than a joke, and if these people come calling you would not have time to respond as a few big hitters in askern found out
Hi vicar.
Very concerning, and I worry for my parents.
Do you have any more info, or where you heard about this.
I've tried to find news articles, but can't find any.
I just hope the police are aware.
Cheers

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 29, 2021, 07:31:12 am by Muttley »
I will say be careful these men are tooled up and drive in a blue van with 2 or 3 cars not far away as well , Had someone knock on the door at Campsall on Tuesday asking if we wanted double glazing and then asked if the dog would bite them if they came in the house.
Do i know you rich1471 if you are from Campsall?

Yes it’s been rife for burglaries in this area over the last few weeks. Cars are getting nicked so keep your keys in a box or tin if you have a push button ignition. I have been told they have a device which can trigger your car key in the house and open the door and start the car.

If you have a keyless car and have house keys on it do not leave the keys in the door or near it. Wrapping them in Foil or putting them in microwave overnight is a con also. Do yourself a big favour and spend a fiver on a faraday bag/ pouch. They sell them in Halfords and online. Trust me they work and are worth every penny. Do not become a statistic.

It amazes me how many people leave car keys on a hallway table or kitchen worktop.
The same people usually hang other keys on a hook with labels on saying which gate, door, shed etc they are for.

I leave my keys at the bottom of the stairs by the front door - if someone breaks in during the night I'd rather they just took the car than waking me up looking for the keys.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 29, 2021, 08:30:08 am by 1879Rovers »
Our lass keeps a 18” long latex baton type thing under her pillow, she says it’s for self defence. They’ll know about it if they get some of that.

Must be a female thing. My mrs has had one under her pillow for years as well. Smells a bit fishy to me?!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 29, 2021, 08:42:13 am by the vicar »
Vicar,

I live outside of the area but this causes me great concern for my brother who lives in Thorne.

He's had 3 major ops on his heart and the shock of having to deal with an incident like the ones described would have a bad outcome.

He has already suffered a break in but the police officers brought in to investigate were from outside the local area with no local knowledge.

Vicar, surely its not as bad as portrayed?
I don’t want to be a party pooper but it is potentially a dangerous situation mate, I’m sorry to break this bad news.  Just make sure when he is in the house that he has his doors locked and if someone knocks on him door not to open it to anyone he doesn’t know
the chance of your family experiencing this is quite a bit remote chance just inform him and tell him to keep his door locked as I have always done

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 29, 2021, 08:46:16 am by Michael Shaw »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 29, 2021, 08:59:08 am by Metalmicky »
Trouble is if you catch any of these vermin in your house and hit them your likely to get done yourself, I have two cricket bats in my house one upstairs, one downstairs. Why because I play cricket

I play baseball

I keep a Gurkha Kukris knife in my top drawer - and I've just re-watched the 2 Equalizer films.......

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 29, 2021, 09:01:44 am by IDM »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012