Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:36:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Williamson  (Read 1441 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Williamson
« on January 21, 2021, 07:51:41 am by roversdude »
Just watched his interview on BBC Breakfast - not exactly probing but the guy is a car crash.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Re: Williamson
« Reply #1 on January 21, 2021, 08:00:08 am by EasyforDennis »
It's the BBC they always give ministers an easy ride. Wait till Piers Morgan gets to have a go at ver useless prat.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 21, 2021, 08:53:04 am by roversdude »
Very true EFD

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 21, 2021, 08:59:47 am by belton rover »
I’ve just listened to his interview with Julia Hartley-Brewer as well as the BBC one.
Tougher interview, same rabbit in headlights.
Wrong man for the wrong job. Maybe even career.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 21, 2021, 10:16:09 am by EasyforDennis »
I don't think there has ever been a government in history with so many hopeless cabinet ministers. I can understand now why Dominic Cummings banned all ministers from appearing on GMB. All they do is embarrass themselves and show how incompetent they are.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 21, 2021, 10:47:37 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Which is another good reason for getting rid of Cummings.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 21, 2021, 10:51:20 am by roversdude »
They’ve got a tough some may say thankless job but they sought this out so I’ve no sympathy

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 21, 2021, 10:59:43 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Tough one isn't it? The whole public media approach of politicians is ridiculous.  The politicians don't answer the questions and rather than get information out of them the media are all about playing a game to catch them out.  It's becoming more American by the day and an entertainment sport.

It is the same for all parties aswell it's not solely the government side that get little chance.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 21, 2021, 11:13:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Agreed BFYP

The culture has become one of politics as entertainment. We as a society, are not really interested in who gets decisions and policies right. We are interested (if at all) in whether politicians can suavely handle aggressive questioning and we get our kicks when it turns out they can't.

It's a culture that led directly to Trump in the White House. He's the ultimate box office star for a culture that values entertainment over the boring job of actually being dull and competent.

In Williamson's case, he does seem to have the unfortunate coincidence of being both a car crash in interviews AND very incompetent in his job. Feels like he needs a friend to put an arm round him and talk to him about other careers.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 21, 2021, 11:48:35 am by SydneyRover »
why are kids any kids living in an environment where they have zero access to the internet for any reason, surely dongles can be provided to give access to those without a physical connection. Give them a laptop and a dongle.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 21, 2021, 12:34:36 pm by roversdude »
The question that amazed me was regarding testing in schools

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 21, 2021, 12:59:03 pm by ravenrover »
Speculation that this will be his legacy, is the door finally starting to revolve?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 22, 2021, 06:28:13 am by Donnywolf »
Liar Johnson (himself no stranger to incompetence) is in a cleft stick as I have no doubt he can see or will have been told probably that Williamson is without doubt a car crash of a Minister amongst some severe competition probably worse than most.

He did dont forget used to be Secretary of State for Defence and was sacked because there were leaks including the Huwaei 5G one that put paid to him - as the popular money was on it being HIM

As a Johnson backer - Get Brexit Done Hands Face Space Build Build Build & Build back better he soon was rewarded with a return to Cabinet AND that is Johnsons problem * in that he doesnt want to get rid of anyone evidenced by Cummings Patel etc in case it looks like failure of him or his Govt and continues living with them and allowing them to mess up again and again

Williamson is also an ex Chief whip and it is said he "knows where the bodies are buried" and that is saving him but ffs for the sake of the "yungsters" get shut of him as Johnson et al will be able to ride out whatever crap he has to offer as they have proved. Just say the matter is closed and we have moved on

Surely that would be more in the public interest and the values that Johnson espouses and save Piers Morgan just asking him again and again if he thought he should resign. Why not stick to highlighting the stupidity of sending the "yungsters" back to school for that one day.

Why not say why we you taking Greenwich Council to Court for refusing to open their Schools yet 1 day later (ish I cant be a***d to look) then announced every school would have to close. In truth he has / had no real clue and that would do   

Why did the Govt / You  overpromise on a huge number of Laptops / Tablets and a year on (almost) are still nowhere near that figure

Why rely on an Algorithm to mark Exams when you said you wouldnt but it would "work well" if you did

*  Not Johnsons only problem of course

You can obviously see why Cummings banned them as well as someone alluded to above. They have a text, a script from which they will not be allowed to deviate. I bet like a court case witness they are schooled and rehearsed to death but as that other useless Minister for Care Helen Whately proved some of them cant stick to that and PMorgan tore her to death and provoked the ban in the first place

Incidenatally how BAD must Johnson think Failing Grayling IS if he cant depose either of them or Lewis or Coffey or Malthouse or Eustice or Jenrick or Hugh Getthepicture (or any of the 50 or so others out of 110 is it )
There are some bad politicians ministers and prime ministers about on both sides (in fact elsewhere other that the 2 main Parties as well ) but in truth I cant think of any worse examples in my lifetime of voting than the current collection of Ministers and Secretaries of State all thrown together in one place and it is unfortunate that people like Williamson are not hoyed out as they used to be as a "service" to the Electorate - we need to be protected from such incompetence
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 06:59:49 am by Donnywolf »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 27, 2021, 07:55:52 am by roversdude »
I’ll admit from the outset I have never been a political animal, however recently I have started paying attention to interviews and what is said. That should actually read what isn’t said - how many questions are answered without touching on the actual question. I have found myself screaming at the tv this morning watching Jenrick - I don’t know if I was more annoyed at him trotting out b*locks or the interviewer for not taking the snivelling git to task

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 27, 2021, 09:22:20 am by drfchound »
Mate, you will find that very few politicians of any persuasion ever answer a question properly.
More often than not they skirt around the question then go off at a tangent onto something else.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 27, 2021, 10:04:53 am by ravenrover »
I can't get over that everytime Jenrick is on he comes across as a smug, smurking useless politician
And as for them all having a Union flag in the background ...... smacks too much of a Trump influence still
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 10:07:11 am by ravenrover »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 27, 2021, 03:33:31 pm by Donnywolf »
As an MP he has the most "apt" Constituency - Newark. Or as we havent had a Withagram for ages

Newark W..... (anag.)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 27, 2021, 06:30:27 pm by roversdude »
Mate, you will find that very few politicians of any persuasion ever answer a question properly.
More often than not they skirt around the question then go off at a tangent onto something else.

Yep I get that hound but can’t believe how much they avoid the question and aren’t pulled up on it

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 05, 2021, 08:09:07 am by roversdude »
Another incompetent minister wheeled out James Cleverly the latest to make an arse of himself. Also what’s with the flag suddenly appearing in every ministers front room

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 05, 2021, 09:42:51 am by Donnywolf »
I dont think any of them can eclipse Helen Whateley - Care Minister - and amazingly she keeps others like Failing Grayling out of Government so how bad must he be ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 08, 2021, 06:01:25 pm by roversdude »
I must have missed her DW was she the one Piers Morgan ripped to bits

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 08, 2021, 06:29:10 pm by Donnywolf »
Thats the one and her Departmental colleagur Argar today.

If you look through Twitter you will soon see todays pathetic performance from Argar - he didnt know anything and was asked by Piers Morgan if he wanted to abandon the Interview and get the answers and reschedule for tomorrow

Whateley is / was ripped to shreds by Morgan and he ended up calling her totally incompetent which I suppose riled Cummings who then withdrew them all

I think he goes too far but then on the flip side the BBC ask them questions to which they give no challenge when the Politician gives an answer that the BBC KNOW is nowhere near factual

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 08, 2021, 06:31:15 pm by Donnywolf »
This is what Morgan said :

Piers Morgan
@piersmorgan
Some people appear to think it's 'disrespectful and unprofessional' for us to harangue Govt Ministers on @GMB
 when they don't know the answers to basic questions during a global health crisis.
I think it's 'disrespectful & unprofessional' that they don't know the answers.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 08, 2021, 06:32:48 pm by Ldr »
This is what Morgan said :

Piers Morgan
@piersmorgan
Some people appear to think it's 'disrespectful and unprofessional' for us to harangue Govt Ministers on @GMB
 when they don't know the answers to basic questions during a global health crisis.
I think it's 'disrespectful & unprofessional' that they don't know the answers.

Hes not wrong Wolfie

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 08, 2021, 06:45:56 pm by Donnywolf »
He rarely is especially according to him but he should maybe back the confrontation back a few points because I am sure he would make them look even bigger mugs if he let them waffle around

I like watching him after deserting the BBC and their lamentable interviews

TinyPortal © 2005-2012