Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:48:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alfie Alfie Alfie May !!  (Read 3449 times)

BigH

• VSC Member
Re: Alfie Alfie Alfie May !!
« Reply #30 on January 24, 2021, 10:47:51 am by BigH »
I always thought that Alfie's big problem when he was with us was that he didn't believe in himself as a proper, professional player, that he didn't 'belong'. A case of imposter syndrome if ever there was one. A shame as a more honest, genuine guy you'll never meet.

I hope he takes great heart from that game last night and that it gives him a massive confidence boost. He deserves a lift.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 24, 2021, 12:08:10 pm by ss1953 »
Just looked up Alfie on Google.

After just “Al”, the top hit is Aldi, second top Alfie May!
Absolutely top hit with Alf

Everyone knows about him now.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 24, 2021, 12:24:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Everyone warms to Alfie because of his background and doing it the hard way. As said above, because of that he has a fantastic attitude on top of his infectious character.

He's blessed with a good footballing brain. I actually thought he might become an admirable stand in for Copps, bringing some trickery and energy. His time with us wasn't wasted though. I'm sure he learned alot which prepared him for where he is now, playing regular football and making a success of it.

Could he have carried on doing a job for us? Probably. Would he have been a regular started for us? Unlikely,. Therefore the move was the best for him and given he probably wouldn't be part of where we want to be, it was best all round.

I'm sure we wish Alfie all the very best and would receive a warm welcome should he visit us in the future!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 24, 2021, 12:24:26 pm by pib »
From Twitter this is what was said in an interview  Pep Guardiola: "Alfie May is an outstanding player" #ctfc #FACup  #mancity

He’s not though is he. Foden, Mahrez, KdB are outstanding players. The rabble you get in the 3rd and 4th division are playing a different sport to the top lads. It’s totally incomparable.

Bet you're fun at parties.

It’s good that someone is willing to explain how a divisional hierarchy works on here though. I would’ve had no idea that the PL was better than League 2.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 24, 2021, 02:32:35 pm by ravenrover »
  Bull him up and get him sold if we have a sell on clause.
I hope we have a sell on clause for Liam

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 24, 2021, 03:40:13 pm by bobbymax »
Have to say had a chortle when the BBC commentator said Alfie will not have come up against Premier League defenders before. Did he not play against Palace two years ago as Wilks was suspended?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 24, 2021, 03:51:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He played at The Emirates Stadium against Arsenal too.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 24, 2021, 04:05:17 pm by RoversAlias »
The BBC have properly spoiled the FA Cup for me. Every year they fawn over the "magic" but all it means is they consistently treat any club below the Championship as a plucky, cute, no-hoper who can't dream of ever facing the amazing heroes of the Premier League. In reality they have no concept of what's going on outside the top flight and it shows whenever they try to go beyond the platitudes and cliches.

The fact they've chopped up the 1st and 2nd rounds for their boring Final Score show further emphasises it. If they loved the cup so much they'd leave it alone.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012