Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:09:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: These two new players  (Read 8959 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: These two new players
« Reply #60 on January 26, 2021, 12:09:40 pm by Alan Southstand »
How can you believe it’s what the manager said, when it was a newspaper reporting it. Same thing, isn’t it?

Not everyone believes everything Hoden reports!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 26, 2021, 02:00:17 pm by RoversAlias »
How can you believe it’s what the manager said, when it was a newspaper reporting it. Same thing, isn’t it?

Not everyone believes everything Hoden reports!

When it's direct quotes, they should believe it. Liam Hoden doesn't just make up press interviews to post online, all of the interviews with Darren, Gavin and the players are recorded and conducted with several outlets, including the BBC.

In this case, if Mark Robins said he doesn't want to sell Bakayoko then I'd believe that over "Football League World" who are just hedging their bets to try and seem clever. They haven't got a clue, but the local paper that talk to Coventry City every week will do.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 26, 2021, 03:57:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm sure the click-bait rumour mongers are scouring local press, fans forums, regular 'insiders' amongst the scouts and agents to stir the pot and generate interest.

As said before, it doesn't matter to them whether they get it right or wrong, there are no consequences. For local press like Liam, he can't risk the relationship he has with the club so has to be more careful what he prints.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 27, 2021, 06:44:33 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
DFP reporting that our quest to get a striker has hit a snag although targets remain active.

I wonder if that snag was Mark Robins saying Nope!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012