Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:02:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 3282 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Darren Moore
« on January 25, 2021, 06:54:22 pm by Padge_DRFC »
For me we've got one of the best managers in the football league. What he's doing is a massive over achievement and to put in perspective I was on about this with a mate. If you compared this team v the 2 sides that got promoted to league 1 Odriscoll and Saunders. We actually said there's nobody in our current 11 that would make up a best 11 from those 2 teams and now. We even said Anderson, but Mills and Jones would probably just be ahead.
What he is doing in my opinion with this group is ridiculously good and to be a case of winning games in hand and we're top is a miracle almost.
If we went up for me it would be the biggest over achievement from a Rovers manager up there with the years Odriscoll kept us in the championship each year.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

acacia94

• VSC Member
Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1 on January 25, 2021, 08:11:03 pm by acacia94 »
Yep, he's got something this lad. He's getting on with it quietly and doing a great job.
I saw him play for us so there's massive affection already but hopefully he'll stay with us for a bit.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 25, 2021, 10:25:53 pm by Alan Southstand »
I’ve said it previously, loads of times, he’s one of the best managers we’ve had, if notthe best. His influence in getting Bostock to sign for us is there for all to see.

He helps young players to improve their performances and turns their promising careers into realities. A good tactician and a great motivator and seemingly has helped to culture a togetherness within the squad.

Having said that, when you couple DM’s prowess with Adam Henshall’s undoubted ‘eye’ for a footballer, then we truly are blessed. As SM has said himself, Adam has had a massive impact on how the Club go about their recruitment business.

Like the players, the management team all seem to be pulling in the right direction. Long may it continue.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 26, 2021, 09:26:25 pm by Al4475 »
Anderson is a way better footballer than Jones could dream of being.

However, the impact Jones had on all those around him was immense.

I'd have Anderson over Jones all day.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 26, 2021, 09:35:56 pm by Janso »
But can Tom Anderson eat his soup with a fork? Rob Jones sure could.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 26, 2021, 09:37:25 pm by Al4475 »
I'd say that Tom's ability to eat soup with a fork is probably a given! Lol

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 26, 2021, 09:46:56 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Bugger cutlery he'd just scran the bowl.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 26, 2021, 09:47:16 pm by pib »
Really impressive to keep this run going so far after the departure of Ben and the injuries we’ve had recently.

He’s an unconventional manager for sure, but there does seem to be method in the madness at the moment!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 26, 2021, 09:51:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
Yeah but loans, yeah but never win with players on short term deals, yeah but yeah but.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 26, 2021, 09:59:47 pm by since-1969 »
Really impressive to keep this run going so far after the departure of Ben and the injuries we’ve had recently.

He’s an unconventional manager for sure, but there does seem to be method in the madness at the moment!
So what a unconventional manager? , is it one that listens to the supporters choice of preferred team selection and ignores proven tactics and spends money he hasn’t  got ! Or uses his experience gained over many years at a top level and persuades top clubs to loan him their out of form starlets to get the best out of them and make them the players their clubs know they can be . Unconventional   sounds about right then .

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 26, 2021, 10:02:34 pm by Al4475 »
Best manager in the league imo - felt that when we got him tbf.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 26, 2021, 10:16:06 pm by pib »

So what a unconventional manager? , is it one that listens to the supporters choice of preferred team selection and ignores proven tactics and spends money he hasn’t  got ! Or uses his experience gained over many years at a top level and persuades top clubs to loan him their out of form starlets to get the best out of them and make them the players their clubs know they can be . Unconventional   sounds about right then .

It wasn’t a criticism of Moore. Quite the opposite in fact.

Yes, I think it qualifies as unconventional, the fact that he often sets the team up in unexpected ways compared to what people expect. I don’t say that with any negative connotation attached at all.

I also think his public persona is quite unconventional. He keeps his cards very close to his chest and barely seems to express anything of much note at all publicly, whether that be in the media or on the touch line. But the fact that his team is performing so well tells you that there is an awful lot of knowledge, experience and ability among him and his staff that we are not always privy to as supporters. It’s not bad any of it, just different!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 26, 2021, 10:33:29 pm by idler »
Team spirit must be fantastic at the moment. They will really be buzzing for the next game. We'll have a stronger bench on Saturday as well.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 26, 2021, 10:45:07 pm by Draytonian III »
Anderson is a way better footballer than Jones could dream of being.

However, the impact Jones had on all those around him was immense.

I'd have Anderson over Jones all day.

✅✅✅

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 26, 2021, 11:01:31 pm by Al4475 »
I also think that Anderson is beginning to have a similar impact on all those around him as Jones.

Although it's no secret for those posters that have been on here a fair while, that i never really got the full jones love in that many rovers fans did, I have always maintained his impact on the players around him was immeasurable, I would put at least 10 rovers central defenders I have seen since 1984 above him and that's before including some of the quality fullbacks we have had.

Jones gets nowhere near my best XI, Anderson is much closer.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 26, 2021, 11:09:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I also think that Anderson is beginning to have a similar impact on all those around him as Jones.

Although it's no secret for those posters that have been on here a fair while, that i never really got the full jones love in that many rovers fans did, I have always maintained his impact on the players around him was immeasurable, I would put at least 10 rovers central defenders I have seen since 1984 above him and that's before including some of the quality fullbacks we have had.

Jones gets nowhere near my best XI, Anderson is much closer.

You're right. It was just he lead by example when others around him were wilting.

That away game on TV when we were bloody awful, v Crawley was it?? It just epitomised what he was about and was prepared to shed blood for the cause.

Technically, there have been quite a few better centre halves. Tom has got alot of both facets which puts him right up there.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 26, 2021, 11:22:26 pm by Al4475 »
DBR:

"Tom has got alot of both facets which puts him right up there."

This exactly.

Butts is closer to my best XI too.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 27, 2021, 01:35:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »
But can Tom Anderson eat his soup with a fork? Rob Jones sure could.

I suspect Anderson looks at the soup and it thinks "f**k it. The outcome is obvious" and it jumps into his mouth.

Piggott tonight looked like an excellent striker. But he's gone home knowing he came up against a better defender. He will wake up panicking that Anderson is stood over his bed watching his every move tonight.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 27, 2021, 01:52:26 am by selby »
  I think that Taylor Richards could have  a career in football to match any of those two very good sides as an outfield player if he steers clear of serious injury.
  And the keeper is on track with the England age group sides to do very well, and you can see the reason why.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 28, 2021, 01:21:55 pm by Metalmicky »
  I think that Taylor Richards could have  a career in football to match any of those two very good sides as an outfield player if he steers clear of serious injury.
  And the keeper is on track with the England age group sides to do very well, and you can see the reason why.

Talking of Taylor-Richards - nice piece on him here and the influence of DM in him coming here....

https://the72.co.uk/217524/i-didnt-think-anyone-would-take-me-how-moores-faith-spurred-on-doncaster-rovers-taylor-richards/

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 29, 2021, 11:11:29 am by bobjimwilly »
Just going back over this thread from just a couple of weeks ago https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=279161.msg1016711#msg1016711 - I think Darren played a blinder by hinting there might be no more action in this transfer window  :scarf:

I also think some posters might bite their tongue in future  :lol:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 29, 2021, 05:26:32 pm by idler »
It might make the forum a bit quieter in the close season.
Have faith in the manager and his team to get the necessary players sorted however long it takes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012