Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:48:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: EaseUS Todo backup  (Read 542 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
EaseUS Todo backup
« on January 26, 2021, 03:58:33 pm by Donnywolf »
Had a blue screen of death the other day on Laptop - turned out not to be terminal after all but made me think I should get ready to stope everything I have

Was hoping to do as they did when I swapped Mobile Phone with a Clone this Phone and literally it copied everything from one to the other - so was hoping to do something similar Laptop to Laptop

So wondering if anyone has used this EaseUS please ? It says the free version will cover most people or there is a paid for extra features version
Seems to back up whatever you choose to an external drive (I have a 1tb one already). Copy everything once then it will do incremental copies each week or month and then if / when you get new Laptop you download the saved stuff back and it combines the 2

Any good or is there an easier way pls ?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 08:30:47 am by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: EaseUS Todo backup
« Reply #1 on February 16, 2021, 08:36:16 am by Donnywolf »
Bumped up - anyone used EasUS pls

I ask just because I have been trying to solve the op and yesterday I used the System image on Windows 10 straight to 1Tb external drive

It took around 6 hours but worth it I thought -  but though it shows in the list of Files on the Drive it shows 0 bytes so for all I know it has not copied anything (unless it is there and I need to access it somehow)

Truly dont know and back to the "must do something" stage so considering EaseUS or anything else anyone might suggest

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: EaseUS Todo backup
« Reply #2 on February 16, 2021, 10:15:02 am by Not Now Kato »
I haven't used EasUs myself, so can't comment on that.

What I do though is keep the Operating System and all programs on one drive, (C:), and all Data on a different drive, (D:), that way I only have to back up my data.  My desktop has two drives, so this is easy; my laptop has only one drive, so the solution here is to partition that drive into two.  I use the software, (Western Digital Smartware), which came with my networked drives, (2 of), to do incremental backups in the background. I also do separate full replacement backups of all my important data to 2 separate USB portable drives, a separate partition on one of my networked drives and to Microsoft One Drive.

Once a month I rename a number of files on my data drive, (D:), and restore a copy from one of my backups, (I rotate which), to make sure that my backups are actually working. No point in taking backups if you don't check that they are working, there's nothing worse than trying to restore something that has become corrupt - I know this from experience.

I don't back up Programs or the Operating System - in the event of a problem the programs can easily be reinstalled as can the operating system, this latter can often get clogged up with unnecessary files and unwanted threads in the Registry over time anyway.

HTH.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012