Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:26:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I Hated  (Read 3656 times)

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
Re: I Hated
« Reply #30 on January 30, 2021, 06:17:13 pm by DMnumber4 »
From the Imps forum: 'I had written a post but I can't be arsed having to reply to replies. I've said what I've said. My opinion is they got A result today but they won't be anywhere near the top 2 at the end of the season. They won't get that lucky every away game. They are hedging for the playoffs and scared to go for the autos IMO and (they) not convinced they are good enough do to it.'
Hmm...we'll see! Pity we can't play them again - we could have put out the first team next time.

Yep. Cheers for the six points, lads.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 30, 2021, 06:19:10 pm by idler »
From the Imps forum: 'I had written a post but I can't be arsed having to reply to replies. I've said what I've said. My opinion is they got A result today but they won't be anywhere near the top 2 at the end of the season. They won't get that lucky every away game. They are hedging for the playoffs and scared to go for the autos IMO and (they) not convinced they are good enough do to it.'
Hmm...we'll see! Pity we can't play them again - we could have put out the first team next time.
How many times were we gutted under SOD after outplaying the opposition and then giving a goal or two away.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 30, 2021, 06:31:15 pm by moses »
Tense finish, we stood for the last few mins, right next to the Telly.
Feel like after the Brentford game.
Breaking diet with a Calzone and beers to celebrate!

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 30, 2021, 06:37:23 pm by Janso »

Hahahaha anyone else for a pint of bitter?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 30, 2021, 06:40:21 pm by ravenrover »
Took the dog for a walk at 3.10 got back at 4.30. Jeff and the boys on, winning 1-0 then see the ticker tape saying Balcombe had saved a penalty  Went into the kitchen to tell her Posh are being stuffed where Mrs RR listening to Alexa shouts "shut up they've got another penalty......... and it's been saved" back to Jeff fingers nails now non existant
YESSSSSS!!!!!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 30, 2021, 06:43:08 pm by NickDRFC »

To be fair, we were lucky today - they missed a couple of good chances, didn’t create as much as they probably should have with the amount of the ball they had and it’s pretty rare to see us save one penalty let alone two. It was a terrific backs to the wall performance, but it’s not representative of what we are as a team. You need to grind out performances like that every once in a while, and we got the result, but we’re not going to play like that every week.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 30, 2021, 06:45:32 pm by drfchound »
As I said on the lucky pint thread, it was a bit like watching that Zulu film.
Not a lot of people know that.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 30, 2021, 07:14:18 pm by River Don »
As I said on the lucky pint thread, it was a bit like watching that Zulu film.
Not a lot of people know that.

Don't you throw those blaady spears at me.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 30, 2021, 08:06:53 pm by scawsby steve »
Took the dog for a walk at 3.10 got back at 4.30. Jeff and the boys on, winning 1-0 then see the ticker tape saying Balcombe had saved a penalty  Went into the kitchen to tell her Posh are being stuffed where Mrs RR listening to Alexa shouts "shut up they've got another penalty......... and it's been saved" back to Jeff fingers nails now non existant
YESSSSSS!!!!!

Raven, you'd rather take the dog for a walk than watch the Rovers at Lincoln?

You've got me perplexed there, mate.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 30, 2021, 08:16:45 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Calm down everyone - remember Brentford, now THAT was drama!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 30, 2021, 08:21:05 pm by normal rules »
Reminiscent of numerous victories away from home back in season 2012/3, backs to the wall stuff with Corporal Jones organising from the back.

I so miss a Rob Jones esque player at the back for Rovers. And “that” song.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 30, 2021, 08:34:50 pm by idler »
Ellery saving the penalty got him off having to explain it to Darren Moore,Andy Butler and Tom Anderson in the after-match dressing room discussion.
I think that I'd have done my best to save it under those circumstances.
Joking apart though, the team will have Ben buzzing on the way home.
Sometimes a back's to the wall win and a clean sheet is better than an easy win.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 30, 2021, 09:43:09 pm by ravenrover »
YESSSSSS!!!!!

You know me, I'm such a gentle soul, can't take the pressure

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 30, 2021, 11:59:11 pm by scawsby steve »
YESSSSSS!!!!!

You know me, I'm such a gentle soul, can't take the pressure

Bloody hell Raven. With all the massive, nail biting matches coming up, your poor dog's going to be knackered.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 31, 2021, 05:27:32 am by Donnywolf »

Yep. Cheers for the six points, lads.

I can see why opposition Forum would be miffed. We had backs to the wall for a llot of the game against a good team

They must be good to have won 7 in a row and be table toppers and so it proved BUT :

It wasnt our Team that backed off and off and off for the first goal allowing a player with a proven scoring record to get (yet another) shot off from distance and score

.... and it wasnt us that failed to score from 12 yards not once but TWICE within the second half - it was theiir players

So yes that was "unlucky" if you were a Lincoln fan and I can go along with it - but as to the rest of that "rant" I think it comes from a position of rage because I cant agree someone can assume what has been written to be true

... and of course lets play again and who knows we may have OUR new First team out as well

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 31, 2021, 08:40:52 am by Superspy »
I normally don't get particularly emotional when watching on the tv, except for the big occasions. Yesterday felt special so i was on edge for most of it. Absolutely gutted when we conceded the second penalty and then lost it when he saved it. Scared my kids... made the youngest one cry. Haha.

Messaged my dad after to say "it's happening, we're going up this year". That's how important yesterday felt... season defining.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 31, 2021, 09:31:29 am by Spud »
I found the first half tough to watch, waiting for us to get going, credit to Lincoln they didn't let us.
After 60 mins however, I said to our lass "finishes one nil this", it just had that feel.
Yes, I'd rather we played em off the park but as others have said, how many times have we had that done to us? Particularly under Sean.
I quite enjoyed a gritty one nil tbh, don't want one every week, mind.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012