Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:11:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mark Weaver  (Read 17992 times)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Mark Weaver
« Reply #30 on February 02, 2021, 10:46:44 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Retracted my offer. I'm 27 this year so didn't experience the turmoil he put the club through.

I believe Weaver tweeted then Rigo got onto it offering to interview him as he is 'unbiased'.

There's been plenty of hate fired Weavers way.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 02, 2021, 10:48:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Retracted my offer. I'm 27 this year so didn't experience the turmoil he put the club through.

I believe Weaver tweeted then Rigo got onto it offering to interview him as he is 'unbiased'.

There's been plenty of hate fired Weavers way.

Yes, but we should be better than that and Rigo should wash his hands of him too.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 02, 2021, 11:14:24 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well said Bob.

Sometimes you have to reach rock bottom to come back stronger. Those w@nkers were rock bottom. And look how we bounced back.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 02, 2021, 11:26:20 pm by idler »
All Weaver wants is another 15 minutes of fame. He will want to stir things up and do interviews etc. to boost his ego and tarnish our club in the process. He doesn't deserve a minute of any Rovers fan's time.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 03, 2021, 01:11:38 am by BobG »
I'm chuffed to bits by the approach of  so many on here. Memories of things like this never fade do they? I'm still quite pally with several of the Seagull types who were heavily involved in ousting Archer and Bellotti. Two more horrible, horrible people who thought they could trample, roughshod, over local pride and not pay a price for doing so. Well, their names are just as seriously hated as are those of our two carpetbaggers. And I am as proud as punch of every single Rover and every single Seagull (and plenty of other clubs' supporters too) who continue to refuse to allow these despicable people to profit from their shame.

If Rigo does interview the man, I will never, ever speak to Rigo again. Weaver got that GobOnAStick name for a reason. He will stroke his own ego; he will throw dirt; he will lay false trails; he will set out to deliberately annoy - and he will love every second of it. He should be ignored. Absolutely and totally. Leave him in the mud at the bottom of the pit he dug with his own hands.

BobG
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 02:46:27 am by BobG »

Forkbeard

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 03, 2021, 02:07:49 am by Forkbeard »
I think Rigo is bright enough to realise giving exposure to GobOnAStick is a poor choice. 
It’s Aaron that worries me, he’s enthusiastic enough but he’s dim witted, big headed & makes my cat sound articulate.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 03, 2021, 02:22:31 am by BobG »
I dont know Aaron. Never come across him. Rigo? I'm not sure. He has potential certainly. But judgement? And wisdom to see when he's being played? Weaver has a lot more experience tha Rigo, with much tougher and more ruthless people than he. And Weaver has absolutely no compunction about what he says.

BobG

PS I'm tempted to ask for a link to the aforesaid Twitter comment. Heaven forbid that publicising such a link could lead to home truths being told, but in the interest of truth and honesty I do think we should be given an opportunity to put our side of the story on record.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 02:52:15 am by BobG »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 03, 2021, 07:35:56 am by selby »
  I knew Richardson long before he became linked to the Rovers and had run ins with him, he could never lie straight in bed, for want of another word a complete tosser.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 03, 2021, 07:47:38 am by RobTheRover »
I think Rigo is bright enough to realise giving exposure to GobOnAStick is a poor choice. 
It’s Aaron that worries me, he’s enthusiastic enough but he’s dim witted, big headed & makes my cat sound articulate.

Aaron has his head screwed on. He's sacked him off.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 03, 2021, 08:27:11 am by the vicar »
A couple things....
1. Who made the original contract, Aaron, Rigo, or that bloke who lives in Cheadle ?
2. Why ?
3. I doubt the contact would have been made if either of lads from this side of the Pennines was over 40
I think it must  have been Riggo as he Weaver was talking on Twitter or Facebook and they arranged the interview.  I would say let him have his say see what lies he tells then hit him with a ton of bricks

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 03, 2021, 08:31:07 am by RobTheRover »
I'd much rather he didn't. Old news, and bad news at that.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 03, 2021, 08:51:57 am by keyser_soze »
I'd rather not hear one of these guys who weren't around in the mid-90's just after Youtube hits and thinking this is their Frost-Nixon let Weaver have a forum. It will just turn out the same as that BBC documentary (that was made by established film makers) - he will squirm and charm and self depreciate and 'look how hard I am working to keep this club going and no mention of how it was allowed to get their in the first place'.

No-one can come out of this with any credit apart from Weaver himself, please lets leave this in 1998 where it belongs, can't someone who knows the guys trying to organise it have a word in their ear!?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 08:54:02 am by keyser_soze »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 03, 2021, 10:07:18 am by RobTheRover »
Agreed, Keyser.  This needs to end.

Weaver needs ostracising, not interviewing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 03, 2021, 10:18:43 am by Bentley Bullet »
It's all so last century!

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 03, 2021, 10:32:44 am by Getridorit »
I don't get the whole thing about denying undesirables a platform to speak.

Twitter, YouTube and Facebook are especially wrong at stopping free speech, which I think is scary, dangerous and orwellian.

I say let them speak, they have the right.

They will probably end up contradicting themselves, get tied up in knots and may even incriminate themselves anyway

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 03, 2021, 11:14:36 am by BobG »
Because he's a f**king liar!

Don't let him make any noise at all. It gives him a platform. It lets him set the agenda, take the initiative. Either ignore him or tell him where he gets off.

BobG
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 12:57:30 pm by BobG »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 03, 2021, 11:24:52 am by tyke1962 »
Brings it home to someone who supports another club just what some of you guys endured during that time .

I've seen the documentary on YouTube and read about all the shenanigans in the press at the time but when you read posts from fans who were involved it really does drive it home what an absolute pair of bellends Richardson and Weaver were .

Thankfully you came back , came back a bigger and more successful club .

I reckon that's something that would hurt the likes of Weaver more personally .

You lads won and he's where ? ..... well .... who cares where he is .

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 03, 2021, 11:27:22 am by sheffield exile1 »
I don't get the whole thing about denying undesirables a platform to speak.

Twitter, YouTube and Facebook are especially wrong at stopping free speech, which I think is scary, dangerous and orwellian.

I say let them speak, they have the right.

They will probably end up contradicting themselves, get tied up in knots and may even incriminate themselves anyway

There is a gulf between the ones of us present and those not. Easy to forget carrying a coffin with DRFC RIP as that was how serious we were. Remember the banner very well Bob G "BRIGHTON FANS SAY"RICHARDSON OUT".  Hartlepool fans supporting our walk out at 4.20pm at home, and us walking round the tea bar away there as Weaver had to walk through us so he had to go out onto the road to get to the dugout for the second half. Thats just the tip, sure we could write a book. His view on history will make David Icke look sane. Giving him air time is pointless. Never will agree to it!!

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 03, 2021, 11:28:21 am by keyser_soze »
Thankfully you came back , came back a bigger and more successful club . I reckon that's something that would hurt the likes of Weaver more personally .

Knowing Weaver I think he would more likely try to claim that by keeping the club running into the Conference he paved the way for Ryan to come in and create future success.

I note on Twitter he's already tried to claim the credit for bringing Darren Moore to DRFC the first time round.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:35:58 am by keyser_soze »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 03, 2021, 11:39:20 am by Filo »
Those not around at the time would do well to watch this, I have nothing but contempt for the utter bell end that he is, and I thing I’m doing an injustice to the humble bell end at that

He was Richardsons piss boy, and carried the piss with enthusiasm

https://youtu.be/NSbaViblems

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 03, 2021, 11:59:01 am by keyser_soze »
Those not around at the time would do well to watch this, I have nothing but contempt for the utter bell end that he is, and I thing I’m doing an injustice to the humble bell end at that

Not watched this doc for a few years but from memory he plays it as the self-deprecating buffoon that is trying to keep the club afloat with no support from above and the horrible fans keep shouting at him. Hes far more sinister than that.

A repeat of that holds no interest to me. What I would be interested in is now Richardson is dead if he would be willing to really dish the dirt and confirm the true intentions of the whole saga.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 02:15:30 pm by keyser_soze »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 03, 2021, 12:18:59 pm by RobTheRover »
Is he dead, Keyser?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 03, 2021, 12:31:21 pm by MachoMadness »
Thankfully you came back , came back a bigger and more successful club . I reckon that's something that would hurt the likes of Weaver more personally .

Knowing Weaver I think he would more likely try to claim that by keeping the club running into the Conference he paved the way for Ryan to come in and create future success.

I note on Twitter he's already tried to claim the credit for bringing Darren Moore to DRFC the first time round.

Cheeky prick, wasn't he still the tea boy or summat when DM first signed?

My memories of this time are limited because I was very young, but I remember the general feeling of despair around BV well. And, of course, the aftermath in the Conference.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 12:33:36 pm by MachoMadness »

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 03, 2021, 12:34:06 pm by keyser_soze »
I'm sure I heard he'd died a few years ago. He'd be in his 80's by now surely.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 03, 2021, 12:34:31 pm by roversdude »
BobG exactly the correct response
The Richardson clan and Thatcher are I think the only people I have ever hated, unfortunately my stance has never softened

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 03, 2021, 12:49:24 pm by keith79 »
Him and his mate tried to kill our club. What more do you need to know.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 03, 2021, 01:58:08 pm by Getridorit »

Not watched this doc for a few years but from memory he plays it as the self-depreciating buffoon that is trying to keep the club afloat with no support from above and the horrible fans keep shouting at him. Hes far more sinister than that.

A repeat of that holds no interest to me. What I would be interested in is now Richardson is dead if he would be willing to really dish the dirt and confirm the true intentions of the whole saga.

Exactly, let the Kitson speak. Daft not to.

At worst it will just confirm him being a Kitson, and at best it may incriminate him and Richardson further.

It may add some closure to the saga, kind of like parents of murder victims wanting to meet the killer.

I want to hear what he says, if other people don't, then just ignore it!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 03, 2021, 02:36:20 pm by idler »
What if he tells a pack of lies and a few believe it? They then start repeating them and denying the truth.
Those that were there have heard the excuses,lies and half truths before and don't need to hear them again. Remember selling Graham Jones to Wigan for over £100,000 to then be told that Richardson had actually paid nearly the same amount to Bridlington for his transfer to us?
It's bad enough what we do know about those two, heaven knows the secrets that we will never find out. One thing for sure; we will never ever get the truth from Weaver.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 03, 2021, 02:57:51 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Its a bit like "Tommy Robinson" AKA Stephen Yaxley- Lennon giving a lecture on the virtues of Islam. Same credibility!

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 03, 2021, 03:01:10 pm by Getridorit »
What if he tells a pack of lies and a few believe it? They then start repeating them and denying the truth.
Those that were there have heard the excuses,lies and half truths before and don't need to hear them again. Remember selling Graham Jones to Wigan for over £100,000 to then be told that Richardson had actually paid nearly the same amount to Bridlington for his transfer to us?
It's bad enough what we do know about those two, heaven knows the secrets that we will never find out. One thing for sure; we will never ever get the truth from Weaver.
That's fair enough, and I respect that viewpoint.
It's dragged up alot of bad feeling this has, and we could do without it.
I remember the time well, and it affecting myself and my grandads time together, very upsetting.

But I just want to know why? Why did they do what they did,? and how could they do it to the town and the people?
Absolute vermin.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 03:05:23 pm by Getridorit »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012