Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:28:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mark Weaver  (Read 17769 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Mark Weaver
« Reply #210 on February 24, 2021, 10:45:55 am by Filo »
He still maintains he was a Director at that final game, he wasn’t, he was appointed in June

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Walshy

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on February 24, 2021, 10:51:59 am by Walshy »
https://awayonsaturday.blogspot.com/2021/02/mark-weaver-on-his-time-at-doncaster_24.html

Part 3 is up. Weaver is even more of a Kitson than we realised.

What I would like to know is how much he was pocketed for his own greed and John Ryan's thoughts on it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on February 24, 2021, 10:57:29 am by Filo »
https://awayonsaturday.blogspot.com/2021/02/mark-weaver-on-his-time-at-doncaster_24.html

What I would like to know is how much he was pocketed for his own greed and John Ryan's thoughts on it.

And the FL’s thoughts as well, one thing we do know is the FL didn’t give a shit at the time, he also implicates Doncaster Council as well, which is strange as the Stadium was built by the council

Walshy

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on February 24, 2021, 12:18:13 pm by Walshy »

And the FL’s thoughts as well, one thing we do know is the FL didn’t give a shit at the time, he also implicates Doncaster Council as well, which is strange as the Stadium was built by the council

Another striking bit was Ken Richardson being in prison with Owen Oyston.

You suddenly start to realise why Blackpool had so many problems...

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on February 24, 2021, 01:19:34 pm by BobG »
The Football League had a file on Richardson and DRFC that was over a foot thick. But they passed the buck. When they were made aware that the football club was in breach of its articles of association they referred the matter to Companies House. They, of course, said it was  a football matter.  Spineless. They adopted the same attitude over what was then going on at Brighton too. the only reason they ever got involved in that was because Brighton was, and is, commuter land for an awful lot of tv and press journalists. And they were kicking up enough stink to force the FL into doing something.

The FA and FL covered themselves in ignominy - despite the FA's charter stating, unequivocally, that their responsilibity was, and indeed is, to the game '"At all levels". I've never supported England since. they wouldn't support my team when they needed support so I'm damned if I'll support theirs.

BobG

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on February 24, 2021, 02:35:03 pm by Branton Rover »
Richardson’s niece, Lisa Mabbett I recall was his biological daughter- that’s probably where the call me uncle Ken came from

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #216 on February 25, 2021, 05:32:08 pm by Rios »
One issue that is new to me is the references to Hossack. I know he was the reporter who covered Rovers games but what was his role in the saga that seems to have stoked so much upset?

Spineless in his reporting at best. At worst he appeared to be almost on the payroll, he was that feeble in his efforts to challenge the regime or represent the interests of the supporters and readers.

And, as an aside, he had an irritating habit of writing the longest sentences I’ve ever read.

As a kid messing about at doing a fanzine just because we loved the club so much, it was a proper reality check stood in Cardiff City's car park when he waltzed up and threatened legal action against us.  I mean I don't know how serious he was, but I nearly p***ed myself... which in hindsight was probably the point to stop us giving him stick.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on February 25, 2021, 07:17:17 pm by Jonathan »
One issue that is new to me is the references to Hossack. I know he was the reporter who covered Rovers games but what was his role in the saga that seems to have stoked so much upset?

Spineless in his reporting at best. At worst he appeared to be almost on the payroll, he was that feeble in his efforts to challenge the regime or represent the interests of the supporters and readers.

And, as an aside, he had an irritating habit of writing the longest sentences I’ve ever read.

As a kid messing about at doing a fanzine just because we loved the club so much, it was a proper reality check stood in Cardiff City's car park when he waltzed up and threatened legal action against us.  I mean I don't know how serious he was, but I nearly p***ed myself... which in hindsight was probably the point to stop us giving him stick.

Hossack threatened legal action against the fanzine? I didn’t realise that.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on February 25, 2021, 08:53:06 pm by BobG »
I didnt know that either. It gives the mark of the man doesn't it?

BobG

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on February 25, 2021, 08:55:01 pm by Jonathan »

BobG

Certainly does.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on February 25, 2021, 08:57:25 pm by Ldr »

BobG

I seem to remember we had to print an apology to cover our arses

Certainly does.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on February 25, 2021, 09:34:02 pm by BobG »
If that is the case LDR, Rios, the contempt I have felt for over 20 years now has just redoubled.

BobG

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on February 26, 2021, 03:21:31 am by VivaRovers »
Rios and Ldr, we're talking Keegan Was Crap Really here, aren't we?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on February 26, 2021, 06:58:05 am by Ldr »
Rios and Ldr, we're talking Keegan Was Crap Really here, aren't we?

Yes

TinyPortal © 2005-2012