Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:13:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bogle  (Read 16055 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Bogle
« Reply #30 on February 13, 2021, 05:11:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
John can often look very good going forward. His defence work is ok but his passing out of defence needs work. Can't be surrendering possession that far back.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 13, 2021, 05:11:39 pm by dickos1 »
We got absolutely murdered down the right side time after time, surely that needs to be the focus of the in training

We don’t need to focus on the left side we just need to play a capable left back

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 13, 2021, 05:11:51 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Can we really judge any players true ability after this debacle?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 13, 2021, 05:12:32 pm by drfchound »
We got absolutely murdered down the right side time after time, surely that needs to be the focus of the in training

As someone said earlier, we know how good McGeady is so surely we could have doubled up on him when he got the ball out wide.
Defensive duties.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 13, 2021, 05:21:57 pm by bobbymax »
Maybe he should be judged on his DRFC performances and not Charlton.

In which case he doesn’t deserve a thread singling him out today, it’s clearly premeditated.
Absolutely bang on!
Apart from the defensive horror show, there were some half-decent performances today. Bogle, Bostock, Sims and Lokilo all caught the eye in the second half and Richards in the first. Smith was also steady but you just can't gift teams four goals and miss two penalties and complain when you get beat.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 13, 2021, 05:23:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Maybe he should be judged on his DRFC performances and not Charlton.

In which case he doesn’t deserve a thread singling him out today, it’s clearly premeditated.
Has to be a scapegoat mushRTID unfortunately.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 13, 2021, 05:29:43 pm by jmt23 »
Im a bit taken back by the Cameron John jibes - he was poor today, but it was not his fault we lost, it was the other side of the pitch and central defence, Haliday, Wright and Butler had the worst games they are (hopefully) likely to have, Haliday wasn't that bad, but couldnt live with their player, but im not sure what the excuse for wright and butler is, there was no clever runs, he stood still and didn't even jump. That is not acceptable, and the hard bit for me to understand was they both threw their arms up and pointed fingers at others.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 13, 2021, 05:35:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just discussed with a friend about Wright and Butler. Didn't look like they'd played together before but, they have had plenty of game time together.

They just seemed to leave it to each other to pick Wyke up.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 13, 2021, 05:36:10 pm by phil o sophical »
What Bogle would give for the kind of service Wyke got

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 13, 2021, 05:42:29 pm by Retdon1 »
Who the f**k signed this signing off? Watched him for Charlton pretty much every game this season and he’s been shocking. Carrying on that standard today. Touch horrific, body language dreadful, movement non existent, work rate minimal. I’d love to know what the thinking behind it was.

Out of interest, why are you watching Charlton every week ?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 13, 2021, 05:43:26 pm by Chris Black come back »
After our last two games you wouldn’t blame him really.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 13, 2021, 05:43:39 pm by 5 on Tour »
It’s Saturday night and a number of our “fans” have decided to take a massive pop at a striker making his debut when our defence couldn’t have marked me today.

Had I not read the whole thread already I reckon I could guess most of the names without looking.

“I’ve watched all the Charlton games this season” have you fcuk! And if you have can you go on there forum and leave the rest of us to our evening of sensible football debate. You clown!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 13, 2021, 05:44:04 pm by dickos1 »
Im a bit taken back by the Cameron John jibes - he was poor today, but it was not his fault we lost, it was the other side of the pitch and central defence, Haliday, Wright and Butler had the worst games they are (hopefully) likely to have, Haliday wasn't that bad, but couldnt live with their player, but im not sure what the excuse for wright and butler is, there was no clever runs, he stood still and didn't even jump. That is not acceptable, and the hard bit for me to understand was they both threw their arms up and pointed fingers at others.

I completely disagree, John cost us on Tuesday and he’s cost us today.
2nd and 4th goals were mainly down to him

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 13, 2021, 05:47:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The pass from Bostock and the control by Bogle that led to our goal were the highlights of the match. Both excellent bits of football.

Today was an utter horror show at the back, but we will put that right. I've seen enough to see that we have a squad that is still going to make us contenders.

Today reminded me of the arseholing that he got at Huddersfield on New years Day 2004. We were humbled that day, after being hammered at Hull a few days before. But we didn't become a poor side overnight then and we haven't now. These weeks happen.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 13, 2021, 05:47:55 pm by donny dave »
I thought he was good.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 13, 2021, 05:48:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It’s Saturday night and a number of our “fans” have decided to take a massive pop at a striker making his debut when our defence couldn’t have marked me today.

Had I not read the whole thread already I reckon I could guess most of the names without looking.

“I’ve watched all the Charlton games this season” have you fcuk! And if you have can you go on there forum and leave the rest of us to our evening of sensible football debate. You clown!

Names? You might want to read the thread again, only one person's criticised him in this thread.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 13, 2021, 05:49:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Absolute bobbins that the fourth goal was due to John. He was covering a run that a striker made from their right side of the box. The culprit was Butler who was ball watching as Wyke just dropped off 4 yards behind him. John could have only covered Wyke if he'd left the man he was supposed to be marking to have an unmarked run into the 6 yard box.

Go and watch it again.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 13, 2021, 05:54:52 pm by 5 on Tour »

Names? You might want to read the thread again, only one person's criticised him in this thread.

No you might want to read it again... More than 1!

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 13, 2021, 05:55:12 pm by StocksArmy »
The line up was negative. I said before the game it would isolate Bogle and was always set to stop McGeady. The fact is it didnt stop McGeady but did isolate Bogle. Though I thought Bogle used the ball really well. Hes a very good player and will do well for us IF the manager gets out of his own way. Reece James is NOT an attack minded player. For god sake why wont he realise? John is NOT a left back hes not good enough technically to carry the ball out, James is! And use the winger to get at the opposition. You have the players to actually play there? And then there is Jon Taylor....... somebody tell me a good game hes had this season?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 13, 2021, 06:00:23 pm by GazLaz »
Who the f**k signed this signing off? Watched him for Charlton pretty much every game this season and he’s been shocking. Carrying on that standard today. Touch horrific, body language dreadful, movement non existent, work rate minimal. I’d love to know what the thinking behind it was.

Out of interest, why are you watching Charlton every week ?

Watch just about every L1 game every week for work purposes.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 13, 2021, 06:05:48 pm by Donnybax »
I don’t think he should be really judged on today having just had COVID etc. However those saying he did well. What did he do well?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 13, 2021, 06:19:56 pm by dickos1 »

Absolute bobbins that the fourth goal was due to John. He was covering a run that a striker made from their right side of the box. The culprit was Butler who was ball watching as Wyke just dropped off 4 yards behind him. John could have only covered Wyke if he'd left the man he was supposed to be marking to have an unmarked run into the 6 yard box.

Go and watch it again.

He headed it out of our goalkeepers hands straight into the back of the net, of course it was his fault.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 13, 2021, 06:21:27 pm by pib »
Butler was ball watching and lost Wyke though tbf

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 13, 2021, 06:25:18 pm by Branton Rover »
The lad has just come back after COVID and your slating him already - Christ, give me strength - I didn’t see the game today because of work so can’t comment but give the lad a chance

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 13, 2021, 06:27:52 pm by dickos1 »
Butler lost his man granted but without John it’s a simple catch for balcombe

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 13, 2021, 06:30:42 pm by anton123 »
What job do u do Gaz for work purposes mate watching league 1 games ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 13, 2021, 07:00:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Dickos.

You're saying a defender, 2 yards off the line, who has an effort on target aimed 12 inches from his head from point-blank range, should duck out the way and expect the keeper to catch it?

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 13, 2021, 07:20:18 pm by donny dave »
all the back line has to take it on the chin tonight they were poor

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 13, 2021, 07:31:36 pm by Lesonthewest »
I thought Bogle played well today & showed glimpses of what he's about, he held the ball up well & had decent control, certainly better than Fej in that position of loan striker, unfortunately he was isolated. We now have the personnel to take the game to teams & should use them, Sims on the right, Fej on the left coming in supporting Bogle, & Smith in a more advanced midfield role to link up play.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 13, 2021, 07:39:43 pm by drfchound »
I reckon Fej has to play off Bogle, probably in a wide position.
I understand that Fej might have needed a rest today but he has to be back in the team on Wednesday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012