Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bogle  (Read 16047 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Bogle
« Reply #60 on February 13, 2021, 07:47:07 pm by scawsby steve »
I reckon Fej has to play off Bogle, probably in a wide position.
I understand that Fej might have needed a rest today but he has to be back in the team on Wednesday.

Team for Tuesday:

Balcombe

Halliday
Wright
Butler
James

Smith
Bostock

Sims
Richards
Fej

Bogle

What do you think, mate?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 13, 2021, 07:50:25 pm by GazLaz »
The pass from Bostock and the control by Bogle that led to our goal were the highlights of the match. Both excellent bits of football.

Today was an utter horror show at the back, but we will put that right. I've seen enough to see that we have a squad that is still going to make us contenders.

Today reminded me of the arseholing that he got at Huddersfield on New years Day 2004. We were humbled that day, after being hammered at Hull a few days before. But we didn't become a poor side overnight then and we haven't now. These weeks happen.

That was brilliant vision and execution.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 13, 2021, 07:52:00 pm by dickos1 »
Dickos.

You're saying a defender, 2 yards off the line, who has an effort on target aimed 12 inches from his head from point-blank range, should duck out the way and expect the keeper to catch it?

Billy ive no idea if you’ve played the game or not but a comment like that sways me to the conclusion you haven’t.
It was much easier for him to not head the ball than it was to head it.
You need to watch it again, your distances are all way out

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 13, 2021, 07:54:16 pm by drfchound »
I understand that Fej might have needed a rest today but he has to be back in the team on Wednesday.

Team for Tuesday:

Balcombe

Halliday
Wright
Butler
James

Smith
Bostock

Sims
Richards
Fej

Bogle

What do you think, mate?

Three points for us.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 13, 2021, 07:55:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
There is one tackle in that front six. Can’t rely on Smith to be the only player able to win the ball back.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 13, 2021, 07:59:42 pm by Filo »

Team for Tuesday:

Balcombe

Halliday
Wright
Butler
James

Smith
Bostock

Sims
Richards
Fej

Bogle

What do you think, mate?

Three points for us.

I’ll just pull you up on something you have posted on another thread

Yep, agreed.
Plenty of people getting ahead of themselves.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 13, 2021, 08:03:41 pm by drfchound »

Team for Tuesday:

Balcombe

Halliday
Wright
Butler
James

Smith
Bostock

Sims
Richards
Fej

Bogle

What do you think, mate?

Three points for us.

I’ll just pull you up on something you have posted on another thread

Yep, agreed.
Plenty of people getting ahead of themselves.

God Filo, you really are getting pathetic with this obsession to jump on my posts.
You will be writing essays soon and quoting Napoleon to me.
Give it a rest.
SS asked me what I thought about that team selection he posted.
My response doesn’t really go on to talk about the next twenty odd matches.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 13, 2021, 08:14:43 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I'd bring in Anderson if able to play for Butler

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 13, 2021, 08:20:28 pm by drfchound »
How long a rest period does Tom have to take before he is allowed to play again, assuming he did have concussion of course.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 13, 2021, 08:26:16 pm by dickos1 »
Moore has confirmed Anderson won’t be playing

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 13, 2021, 08:47:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Dickos.

John has no idea what position Balcombe is in when Wyke powered that header in. The ball was going within a couple of feet of John's head. He's only 2 yards off the line. Any defender in the world is going to throw whatever part of their body at the ball.

To blame John for the goal is ludicrous. You are expecting him, with his back to goal, to know Balcombe's position and to choose to leave the ball in maybe a fifth of a second between Wyke heading the ball, and the ball reaching him. Imagine the reaction if he'd stood and watched it go past him, and Balcombe hadn't been behind him.

The primary culprit for that goal was the person marking Wyke, Butler, who switched off as Wyke dropped off him into 5 yards of space.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 13, 2021, 09:17:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
There is a truly harrowing image of Butler turning round and staring at Wyke in the face like someone gawping at a circus freak show, as Wyke heads it goalwards. 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 13, 2021, 09:45:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'd bring in Anderson if able to play for Butler

Despite the pair of them forming our best defence this season?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 13, 2021, 09:47:18 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Is that since the games been moved to Wednesday?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 13, 2021, 09:59:22 pm by drfchound »
To be fair the game might still be played on Tuesday if Lincoln v Accrington is put off again by the weather on Sunday.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 13, 2021, 10:09:18 pm by dickos1 »

Is that since the games been moved to Wednesday?

Yeah after the game today on radio Sheffield

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on February 14, 2021, 08:58:29 am by since-1969 »

Team for Tuesday:

Balcombe

Halliday
Wright
Butler
James

Smith
John

Sims
Richards
Fej

Bogle

What do you think, mate?
Bostock is fit enough ?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 15, 2021, 10:51:58 am by sha66y »
We got absolutely murdered down the right side time after time, surely that needs to be the focus in training

We don’t have a right back, .....
We have Halliday playing on that side, and he isn’t a DEFENDER, he does other things quite well and I can’t knock his effort, but he rarely defends with a thumping tackle,

It’s like DM has taken the hard mentality of defending away and replaced it with a “ let’s all go attack” one, which is all well and good if you have a good footballing midfield and attack,.......but we don’t!

You only have to look at the teams that play us off the park who incidentally seam to have 8-9 good footballers, whereas we have little pockets of brilliance and from a few nw and then....

I really want this team to find itself again, to find that can do mentality that has been absent of late...

to much meddling is affecting the mental attitude of certain players

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on February 15, 2021, 12:08:27 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We got absolutely murdered down the right side time after time, surely that needs to be the focus in training

We don’t have a right back, .....
We have Halliday playing on that side, and he isn’t a DEFENDER, he does other things quite well and I can’t knock his effort, but he rarely defends with a thumping tackle,

It’s like DM has taken the hard mentality of defending away and replaced it with a “ let’s all go attack” one, which is all well and good if you have a good footballing midfield and attack,.......but we don’t!

You only have to look at the teams that play us off the park who incidentally seam to have 8-9 good footballers, whereas we have little pockets of brilliance and from a few nw and then....

I really want this team to find itself again, to find that can do mentality that has been absent of late...

to much meddling is affecting the mental attitude of certain players

Not sure we've got an attacking mentality right now! we've won so many games by surrendering possession and defending our box well. If anything the problem in most matches is our forward is very isolated and the ball just comes back again and again.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on February 15, 2021, 12:10:07 pm by Draytonian III »
Two points.
1. Brad Halliday is a defender who’s been playing a bit in midfield, thumping tackles went out with Stuart Pearce the game has moved on.
2. No one tracked back and helped him against the highest paid and best player in League 1.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 15, 2021, 12:28:19 pm by MachoMadness »
John has been largely solid through our amazing run, offering lots at both ends of the pitch. I can't fathom why people are slating him for not being a left back for a game when most of our issues came from Halliday getting murdered by McGeady time and again down the right, and our CB pairing giving Wyke half of Sunderland to roam around in. John wasn't great but there were far, far worse offenders.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 15, 2021, 12:36:13 pm by Filo »
Four times Whyke got between our CB’s and four times he scored, Halliday can’t be blamed for the first one, that came from a corner. The problem on Saturday was two fold, Halliday not getting any help, and Wright and Butler not learning from previous goals. Poor positioning? Or poor communication? Whichever, it needs sorting, it’s not like they’ve never played together before

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 15, 2021, 12:58:22 pm by drfchound »
Four times Whyke got between our CB’s and four times he scored, Halliday can’t be blamed for the first one, that came from a corner. The problem on Saturday was two fold, Halliday not getting any help, and Wright and Butler not learning from previous goals. Poor positioning? Or poor communication? Whichever, it needs sorting, it’s not like they’ve never played together before

We can agree on football stuff then Filo.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 15, 2021, 02:14:34 pm by MachoMadness »
Should point out I don't really blame Halliday either although I can see how my post came across that way, as you say he didn't get any help against a player who, on his day, is the best in the division by some margin. And it was his day. McGeady just had the beating of him one on one, Brad was left in that situation far too often.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 15, 2021, 03:04:54 pm by dickos1 »
James was to blame for the one where he looked offside he just wasn’t concentrating,
The second goal was down to John being far too lightweight,
The first, third and 4th goals done happen if Anderson is playing no way

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 15, 2021, 03:39:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The first goal doesn't happen if the officials are switched on. Balcombe was clearly obstructed from coming for the ball. It was so obvious, I wasn't concerned when the ball hit the back of the net because I was certain it was going to be disallowed.

Awful miss by the officials. It might well have been a very different game if they'd spotted that.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on February 15, 2021, 03:54:47 pm by jmt23 »
They did the same tactic a couple of years back at the Keepmoat (I think it was them). Every corner and free Kick our keeper (not even sure who it was at the time) was shoved around just as the kick was taken - very obvious too, stupidly the keeper reacted twice and the ball went past him, without him even knowing. Exactly like Balcombe. I wouldn't mind but this is right in line of the lino, and they hardly ever pull it up.

I hate saying this, but I think the only way to make sure it is dealt with by the officials is to fall over when shoved. Ye gods I'm off for a shower, cant believe I've said it. :thumbdown:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 15, 2021, 04:09:42 pm by RoversAlias »
Shaggy/Shabby - to say Halliday doesn't defend or put tackles in is incorrect, he routinely has one of the best tackling rates of any player in League One. It's a key attribute of his play.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on February 15, 2021, 04:53:11 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Halliday put in a tremendous sliding tackle on McGeady inside the penalty box.  He won the ball and got to his feet to come away with the ball whilst McGeady was stamping his feet like a child for having been thwarted.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on February 15, 2021, 05:11:54 pm by drfchound »
They did the same tactic a couple of years back at the Keepmoat (I think it was them). Every corner and free Kick our keeper (not even sure who it was at the time) was shoved around just as the kick was taken - very obvious too, stupidly the keeper reacted twice and the ball went past him, without him even knowing. Exactly like Balcombe. I wouldn't mind but this is right in line of the lino, and they hardly ever pull it up.

I hate saying this, but I think the only way to make sure it is dealt with by the officials is to fall over when shoved. Ye gods I'm off for a shower, cant believe I've said it. :thumbdown:

I remember that and i think the keeper was Lawlor.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012