Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:02:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bogle  (Read 16045 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Bogle
« Reply #90 on February 15, 2021, 05:36:02 pm by scawsby steve »
John has been largely solid through our amazing run, offering lots at both ends of the pitch. I can't fathom why people are slating him for not being a left back for a game when most of our issues came from Halliday getting murdered by McGeady time and again down the right, and our CB pairing giving Wyke half of Sunderland to roam around in. John wasn't great but there were far, far worse offenders.

Some good points there, MM. However, I think most people are mainly concerned that there's a much better left back in the squad than John, and DM just doesn't seem to get it.

The situation with Halliday's different. We don't have another natural right back in the squad, other than young Seaman. Wright can play there, but he wouldn't have had the pace to cope with McGeady.

DM should have issued orders to double up on McGeady as soon as the first goal went in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on February 15, 2021, 05:40:06 pm by steve@dcfd »
John has been largely solid through our amazing run, offering lots at both ends of the pitch. I can't fathom why people are slating him for not being a left back for a game when most of our issues came from Halliday getting murdered by McGeady time and again down the right, and our CB pairing giving Wyke half of Sunderland to roam around in. John wasn't great but there were far, far worse offenders.

Some good points there, MM. However, I think most people are mainly concerned that there's a much better left back in the squad than John, and DM just doesn't seem to get it.

The situation with Halliday's different. We don't have another natural right back in the squad, other than young Seaman. Wright can play there, but he wouldn't have had the pace to cope with McGeady.

DM should have issued orders to double up on McGeady as soon as the first goal went in.

Players can’t think for themselves Taylor and Or Smith should have thought about doubling up themselves. Same as James or Gomes should have thought of doubling up with John to help him out if required. Mind he still be a poor fullback in your eyes. Dickos said John was to blame for the first goal and James the second so both bad as each other in that scenario.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 05:43:01 pm by steve@dcfd »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on February 15, 2021, 05:47:41 pm by drfchound »

Players can’t think for themselves Taylor and Or Smith should have thought about doubling up themselves. Same as James or Gomes should have thought of doubling up with John to help him out if required. Mind he still be a poor fullback in your eyes. Dickos said John was to blame for the first goal and James the second so both bad as each other in that scenario.

That must mean that Halliday is only half as bad as some people think he is then.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on February 15, 2021, 05:56:21 pm by steve@dcfd »
None of them are bad players they all have different attributes. Confidence is a big thing and the players confidence has taken a kicking in the last two games. Let’s hope they can get it together on Wednesday all supporters have different opinions does make any one a bad supporter. So we all go again on Wednesday with the players chosen.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on February 15, 2021, 06:37:11 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Agree none are bad players (all very good for this division really) argument has to be about application imo. We've been on a great run but there's always ways to improve. Not picking out McGeady for doubling up on before the start of the game is criminal really.

DM is normally really good at picking a team to neutralise the opposition threat so I was surprised by what happened
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 06:51:12 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on February 15, 2021, 06:47:39 pm by EasyforDennis »

That must mean that Halliday is only half as bad as some people think he is then.

Or maybe half as good as you think he is  ;)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on February 15, 2021, 07:32:04 pm by Campsall rover »
Thought he did OK today, but why was he willing to take on so many efforts from 25-30 yards, but not from 12 yards? Strange that he didn’t grab either of those penalties.

As for Fej - poor on Tuesday but very surprised to see him not feature at all today. Doesn’t seem like he’s DM’s man does it? As soon as he has the opportunity to play someone else up there, he usually does do.
What?  it’s 1st game he hasn’t played for yonks. He needed a rest and I think most on this forum would have picked Bogle today.

And how many other strikers have we had available lately when Fej has had a run in the team Campsall?

It happened at the start of the season when TJJ came in. Happened when TJJ then came back from injury, and it’s happened again now with Bogle, even when Fej has been in decent form recently (With the exception of Tuesday).

I just get the sense that DM doesn’t favour Fej as he does seem quick to get him out of the team when other options become available. Feel free to present compelling evidence to the contrary.
Your entitled to that opinion but personally I think you are adding 2+2 and making 5 with that assumption.
Just my opinion.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on February 15, 2021, 08:42:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
Thought he did OK today, but why was he willing to take on so many efforts from 25-30 yards, but not from 12 yards? Strange that he didn’t grab either of those penalties.

As for Fej - poor on Tuesday but very surprised to see him not feature at all today. Doesn’t seem like he’s DM’s man does it? As soon as he has the opportunity to play someone else up there, he usually does do.
What?  it’s 1st game he hasn’t played for yonks. He needed a rest and I think most on this forum would have picked Bogle today.

And how many other strikers have we had available lately when Fej has had a run in the team Campsall?

It happened at the start of the season when TJJ came in. Happened when TJJ then came back from injury, and it’s happened again now with Bogle, even when Fej has been in decent form recently (With the exception of Tuesday).

I just get the sense that DM doesn’t favour Fej as he does seem quick to get him out of the team when other options become available. Feel free to present compelling evidence to the contrary.
Your entitled to that opinion but personally I think you are adding 2+2 and making 5 with that assumption.
Just my opinion.
Pib if you watch Okenabirhie you’ll have seen he’s not at his best playing with his back to goal. So playing Bogle and Okenabirhie out wide is the better proposition that’s where he scored all his goals at Shrewsbury. He looks better when he’s facing the goal. So it’s about getting the best out of both players.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on April 27, 2021, 09:22:53 pm by GazLaz »
Have we seen enough to make judgement on him yet?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on April 27, 2021, 09:29:47 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Have we seen enough to make judgement on him yet?

He's crap. Unfortunately we've got to see more for another season.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on April 27, 2021, 09:49:57 pm by goalkick »
Expected him to be a good signing but now of the opinion he is a total waste of a team place.shows very little ability and contributes very little. Seems to be conspicuous by his absence in game.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on April 27, 2021, 09:52:03 pm by Not Now Kato »
Had the opportunity 2nd half to just stick a leg out and score. Instead, he just put his hands to his head.  Waste of space, waste of a wage!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on April 27, 2021, 09:55:53 pm by glosterred »
Offers the team very little, what did DM see in him?

COYR

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on April 27, 2021, 09:56:06 pm by roversdude »
We love to hate players don’t we - a fit Bogle will be a real boon next season

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 27, 2021, 09:58:39 pm by GazLaz »

COYR

This is what happens when you let the manager sign players based on things other than footballing reasons.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on April 27, 2021, 09:58:55 pm by RoversAlias »
I just hope Darren Moore still believes in Bogle and Bostock and takes them off our hands in the summer.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on April 27, 2021, 10:01:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
So when we are told the talent manager picks the players and puts to the CEO and manager the good ones are his choice and the bad ones are DM.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on April 27, 2021, 10:06:49 pm by jamesrover17 »
Clean slate for the likes of Bostock and Bogle from me, I’ll give them 5 games next season... Who knows a new gaffer might be able to get more from them

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on April 27, 2021, 10:11:17 pm by glosterred »
I think, if I’m being honest, we should give all the players that are still with us a fair crack of the whip next season. There are more than just Bogle and Bostock that have under performed since the turn of the year.

COYR

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on April 27, 2021, 10:13:20 pm by GazLaz »
So when we are told the talent manager picks the players and puts to the CEO and manager the good ones are his choice and the bad ones are DM.

We will never really know how these things work will we. If Moore had the final say and he had bias in his selections due to the fact the players had similar beliefs to himself, it was wrong.

I think Bostock has shown quality at times, he’s shown signs of being a slight luxury player that may be better in a team that’s the dominant force in games.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on April 27, 2021, 10:15:19 pm by PDX_Rover »

COYR

This is what happens when you let the manager sign players based on things other than footballing reasons.

Is it because he is black? Is that where you’re going here?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on April 27, 2021, 10:21:15 pm by Filo »

COYR

I don’t think that is the point Gaz is making, in fact I’m sure it’s not

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on April 27, 2021, 10:28:49 pm by GazLaz »

COYR

Give over.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on April 27, 2021, 10:52:04 pm by donnyallday »

COYR

I don’t think that is the point Gaz is making, in fact I’m sure it’s not

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on April 27, 2021, 11:00:35 pm by the vicar »
He is complete garbage.  all he had do do in the second half when the ball rolled along in front of goal, all he he had to do is stick his foot out and in the net it goes, but all he did was stand there and put his hands on his head

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on April 27, 2021, 11:50:54 pm by PDX_Rover »

COYR

Give over.

I meant why he was signed by DM.

COYR

Give over.

I wasn’t questioning you Gaz. What would a non-footballing reason be?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on April 28, 2021, 06:17:17 am by roversdude »
I think we are alluding to the Christian beliefs

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on April 28, 2021, 06:25:19 am by Al4475 »
Glosterred

"I think, if I’m being honest, we should give all the players that are still with us a fair crack of the whip next season. There are more than just Bogle and Bostock that have under performed since the turn of the year"

Exactly that.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on April 28, 2021, 10:36:00 am by PDX_Rover »
I think we are alluding to the Christian beliefs

Ah well that explains it. Thank you.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on May 04, 2021, 09:16:07 pm by RoversAlias »
That header in the second half tonight.

Copps put it up on a sixpence for him and Bogle's header was so bad it ended up out of the same postcode as the Blackpool net.

He's got to be shipped off in the summer. One of the worst forwards I've ever seen at Rovers and I've seen some stinkers in the last 20 odd years.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012