Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:02:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bogle  (Read 16050 times)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Bogle
« Reply #120 on May 04, 2021, 09:22:05 pm by Move DRFC »
Should have stuck a Blackpool donkey on instead would have been more of a nuisance for the Blackpool defence.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on May 04, 2021, 09:25:54 pm by drfchound »
Bogle has struggled to make a real impact since joining us.
Tonight he was exceptionably bad.
A move away might do him good.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on May 04, 2021, 09:28:15 pm by since-1969 »
Sunday can’t come too soon , if only to put this team out of its misery! So much promised , so much denied and then so much crap !! Roll on 21/22 . 

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on May 04, 2021, 09:29:26 pm by glosterred »
That header in the second half tonight.

Copps put it up on a sixpence for him and Bogle's header was so bad it ended up out of the same postcode as the Blackpool net.

He's got to be shipped off in the summer. One of the worst forwards I've ever seen at Rovers and I've seen some stinkers in the last 20 odd years.

Head like a 50p piece

COYR

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on May 04, 2021, 09:30:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Glosterred

"I think, if I’m being honest, we should give all the players that are still with us a fair crack of the whip next season. There are more than just Bogle and Bostock that have under performed since the turn of the year"

Exactly that.

I think we ought to credit whoever is going to come in as manager with enough nous to know crap when he sees it and let them have the chance to address it before the transfer window closes. If we give players the new manager has no faith in 'a fair crack of the whip', we could be waving goodbye to next season before we start it, and be stuck with players we don't need.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on May 04, 2021, 09:35:15 pm by GazLaz »
Henshall got a move to Villa on the back of identifying him. Both frauds.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on May 04, 2021, 09:36:30 pm by drfchound »
Maybe he will recomend them to Villa.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on May 04, 2021, 09:37:42 pm by goalkick »
We played with ten men most of the game and bogle contributed nothing. He was hardly mentioned by the commentator and took up very little screen time because he did not compete at all.the little th was sen he was ambling around at snails pace. God help us if he is part of our strike force next season. :thumbdown:

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on May 04, 2021, 09:41:50 pm by goalkick »
Missing words   That he was seen.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on May 04, 2021, 09:42:25 pm by glosterred »
Glosterred

"I think, if I’m being honest, we should give all the players that are still with us a fair crack of the whip next season. There are more than just Bogle and Bostock that have under performed since the turn of the year"

Exactly that.

I think we ought to credit whoever is going to come in as manager with enough nous to know crap when he sees it and let them have the chance to address it before the transfer window closes. If we give players the new manager has no faith in 'a fair crack of the whip', we could be waving goodbye to next season before we start it, and be stuck with players we don't need.

I’m not saying anything about the new manager, I’m purely coming from a fan’s perspective. If we get on the players back from minute one of game one because of what they have done this season would be both wrong and unhelpful to the team. The manager will, at least I hope, have the wherewithal to know his team by then to understand who is worth playing and who isn’t.

COYR

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on May 04, 2021, 09:59:41 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
On the recruitment of him, and others, it’s awkward really. The manager wants a player we can afford. Does the club say no because the talent spotter hasn’t picked the player out or do they let the manager chose players he knows meaning that talent spotter role is a waste of time anyway??

Of our signings I’d say only the loanees are AH players and all the permanent ones smack of DM’s mates.

Looking at our position and performance of players signed by DM (not sure how long AH was with us? After GM?) the signings we’ve made have by and large been poor. Good case to make for DM and AH getting bigger jobs without any evidence of success at this level

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on May 04, 2021, 10:00:45 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I'd rather take Bingham and Thomas back he is absolutely garbage and a fraud. Stick my dog as next talent identifier if Bogle is what we come up with.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on May 04, 2021, 10:03:44 pm by GazLaz »
On the recruitment of him, and others, it’s awkward really. The manager wants a player we can afford. Does the club say no because the talent spotter hasn’t picked the player out or do they let the manager chose players he knows meaning that talent spotter role is a waste of time anyway??

Of our signings I’d say only the loanees are AH players and all the permanent ones smack of DM’s mates.

Looking at our position and performance of players signed by DM (not sure how long AH was with us? After GM?) the signings we’ve made have by and large been poor. Good case to make for DM and AH getting bigger jobs without any evidence of success at this level

If there’s a system in place where the manager can sign his mates then the club is f**ked. I’ve mentioned in treads before I think the whole infrastructure and process on the recruitment side is wrong, that just emphasises it. 

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on May 04, 2021, 10:14:53 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

If there’s a system in place where the manager can sign his mates then the club is f**ked. I’ve mentioned in treads before I think the whole infrastructure and process on the recruitment side is wrong, that just emphasises it. 

Agree obviously we don’t know but on the outside that’s how it looks and goes some way to explain the lack of interest since DM had his head turned.

Put it this way if AH signed the players on the pitch these last few months (and worse the players who cant get a game) how the hell has he got a job at Villa!! The only other person who could be responsible is DM

That said Shrewsbury haven’t exactly had lots of talent they’ve sold on or used to finish high up in the league so maybe it is AH who signed the players. No evidence he’s got a good eye for a player other than taking highly rated academy lads but I think we had that down pretty well without any talent spotter

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on May 04, 2021, 10:24:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Moore had a shocking record with strikers.

Sterling and Tulloch played literally minutes then never seen again. John-Jules injured most of season. Bogle. Kwame Thomas and Rakish Bingham. What a line up!

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on May 04, 2021, 10:31:37 pm by Chris the Rover »
Listing them all together like that makes you realise just how bad Moore’s recruitment of strikers was - JJ apart ( though he looked awful tonight).

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on May 04, 2021, 10:37:34 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Moores recruiting was poor. He made very average players better though.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on May 04, 2021, 10:47:13 pm by Chris Black come back »
Of the players we brought in under his tenure, the only ones that I have thought wow, these guys are really excellent - Sims in his first spell, Smith in the middle part of his loan and Dieng after he got first few games out of the way. Every other player has either flattered to deceive or has been so sporadic that they offer no value. It is slim pickings. The Villa lad Ramsey looked good but barely played for us.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on May 04, 2021, 10:47:50 pm by Jonathan »
Why isn’t Fej in the list of strikers recruited by Moore? He’s done alright, and should really have justified more game time. And Niall Ennis wasn’t bad either.

Can’t just list the flops.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on May 04, 2021, 10:51:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Why isn’t Fej in the list of strikers recruited by Moore? He’s done alright, and should really have justified more game time. And Niall Ennis wasn’t bad either.

He isn't listed as I listed the shockers, as the opening line suggested.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:07:21 pm by Chris Black come back »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on May 04, 2021, 10:58:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Ed Williams is one of the biggest shockers. Why did we give him a 2 year deal?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on May 04, 2021, 11:01:12 pm by the vicar »
He doesn’t need to go anywhere just sit in the stands and pinch the wage he is doing now

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on May 04, 2021, 11:05:48 pm by the vicar »

He isn't listed as I listed the shockers, as the open line suggested.
how can’t you list Bogle as a shocker he to me is and always will be the ultimate

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on May 04, 2021, 11:16:41 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
That header in the second half tonight.

Copps put it up on a sixpence for him and Bogle's header was so bad it ended up out of the same postcode as the Blackpool net.

He's got to be shipped off in the summer. One of the worst forwards I've ever seen at Rovers and I've seen some stinkers in the last 20 odd years.

Laughed out loud.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on May 05, 2021, 12:11:34 am by selby »
  I don't think a lot of him, BUT, I seriously don't think he has been anywhere near match fit since he joined us.
 If he has been god help us next season.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on May 05, 2021, 12:16:35 am by Janso »
Moore had a shocking record with strikers.

Sterling and Tulloch played literally minutes then never seen again. John-Jules injured most of season. Bogle. Kwame Thomas and Rakish Bingham. What a line up!

Why did you miss Ennis off? yeah he looked effective but he didn't score a ton more than Thomas and played a lot more games.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on May 05, 2021, 12:36:51 am by DMnumber4 »
Of the players we brought in under his tenure, the only ones that I have thought wow, these guys are really excellent - Sims in his first spell, Smith in the middle part of his loan and Dieng after he got first few games out of the way. Every other player has either flattered to deceive or has been so sporadic that they offer no value. It is slim pickings. The Villa lad Ramsey looked good but barely played for us.

Sheaf?

jm291

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on May 05, 2021, 05:53:57 am by jm291 »
Truly hope we can get rid of this donkey in summer. What an utter waste of wages he is.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on May 05, 2021, 06:39:33 am by dickos1 »

Sheaf?

Deal for sheaf was done by mCcann.
There were apparently a number of deals done by mccann but Moore cancelled most of them but kept sheaf

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on May 05, 2021, 07:15:29 am by DonnyOsmond »

Sheaf?

Deal for sheaf was done by mCcann.
There were apparently a number of deals done by mccann but Moore cancelled most of them but kept sheaf

Taylor too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012