Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:31:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bogle  (Read 16039 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Bogle
« Reply #150 on May 05, 2021, 07:25:37 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Does DM get the blame or is it not AH’s fault? Personally a lot of the signings feel like they were DM’s but then we have to ask was AH a waste of wages?

Good to learn for future if we plan on having a talent identification person. Either AH wasn’t good (so we need to get someone much better) or the manager had too much say meaning the role was pointless.

Be interesting to know how many signings we made were recommended by AH as oppose to DM.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on May 05, 2021, 07:42:28 am by GazLaz »
You need players to sign for the club not the manager.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on May 05, 2021, 08:25:31 am by the vicar »
That’s ok Gaz but that does not happen, as it’s the manager that spells it out to them what the club is about and has to sell it to them

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on May 05, 2021, 08:29:47 am by GazLaz »
That’s ok Gaz but that does not happen, as it’s the manager that spells it out to them what the club is about and has to sell it to them

Not at every club. Only clubs that still think it’s 1995.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on May 05, 2021, 08:30:47 am by jmt23 »
Im not sure Henshall had much input (if any) in a few of the signings, they were either from the same agent, or belief background - I don't have a problem with any of that (who cares?) as long as they are good enough, unfortunately some haven't been anywhere near.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on May 05, 2021, 10:06:55 am by the vicar »
Ok that’s how it almost works at a club

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on May 05, 2021, 12:27:13 pm by dickos1 »
I think under sod we had quite a few players who signed for us because of him

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on May 05, 2021, 12:52:53 pm by andy didcott »
Nowhere near good enough I’m afraid, I’ve scored the same amount of goals at the keepmoat as he has.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on May 05, 2021, 01:28:39 pm by Prez »
Moore had a shocking record with strikers.

Sterling and Tulloch played literally minutes then never seen again. John-Jules injured most of season. Bogle. Kwame Thomas and Rakish Bingham. What a line up!

Also dont forget he released Watters.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on May 05, 2021, 01:42:02 pm by steve@dcfd »
Moore had a shocking record with strikers.

Sterling and Tulloch played literally minutes then never seen again. John-Jules injured most of season. Bogle. Kwame Thomas and Rakish Bingham. What a line up!

Also dont forget he released Watters.
Yes he was released as the club could not afford a U23 side. He could have been retained but his record last season was not brilliant.

Chris to get a good striker majority of times you need the funds to buy and wages. DF got JM on a free but he had score goals at league level. We got funds for JM and those were spread about to get in different players. As a talent manager and football manager you can only shop in the window you can afford.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on May 05, 2021, 01:45:11 pm by dickos1 »
It wasn’t just Marquis money Moore should’ve had to spend, quite a few high earners left at a similar time.
And we didn’t replace them,

Gavin said it was moores decision to not spend all the money available and also his decision to get all the youngsters on loan.
Hopefully the new manager will do things differently

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on May 05, 2021, 01:51:51 pm by MachoMadness »
I'm hesitant to criticise the recruitment of DM too much. He turned us into the best team in the division until January. Signed Fej who has done well in a struggling side not playing to his strengths for half a season. Brought in Richards who has probably been our best player this season, frustrating as he might be at times. Bostock and Bogle haven't pulled up any trees here yet, but let's be honest, what chance have they had? The system and formation seems to change every week and there's no midfield structure to speak of to move the ball forward, or to press and win it back. I'd be willing to give both a chance under a more experienced manager next season, they're on a hiding to nothing at the minute as nobody seems to know what their role is.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on May 05, 2021, 02:03:23 pm by the vicar »
I'm hesitant to criticise the recruitment of DM too much. He turned us into the best team in the division until January. Signed Fej who has done well in a struggling side not playing to his strengths for half a season. Brought in Richards who has probably been our best player this season, frustrating as he might be at times. Bostock and Bogle haven't pulled up any trees here yet, but let's be honest, what chance have they had? The system and formation seems to change every week and there's no midfield structure to speak of to move the ball forward, or to press and win it back. I'd be willing to give both a chance under a more experienced manager next season, they're on a hiding to nothing at the minute as nobody seems to know what their role is.
it’s not a tree he has not pulled up it’s not even a daffodil he can’t pull up

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on May 05, 2021, 02:07:31 pm by normal rules »
I blame the agents. All of em. Football would be a much better place without them. Just like Estate Agents, it’s all about the sell.
Estate Agents sell houses without too much care for what they are, issues with them etc.
Football Agents are no different. Just my opinion of course.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on August 23, 2021, 04:41:51 pm by GazLaz »
Who the f**k signed this signing off? Watched him for Charlton pretty much every game this season and he’s been shocking. Carrying on that standard today. Touch horrific, body language dreadful, movement non existent, work rate minimal. I’d love to know what the thinking behind it was.

Well, don’t say you weren’t warned.

All clubs make mistakes in the transfer market. It’s part of the business. We shouldn’t be making mistakes as big as this though. The recruitment system being as it is there’s no accountability for costly errors like this. 

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on August 23, 2021, 04:44:44 pm by roversdude »
Well with hindsight it’s come back to bite us on the arse. I really hoped he could turn it round… silly me

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on August 23, 2021, 07:03:35 pm by Alan Southstand »
Gavin said it was moores decision to not spend all the money available and also his decision to get all the youngsters on loan.
Hopefully the new manager will do things differently

We’re a bit wiser now, though! It was Gavin that also said DM had a 23% lower budget last season and that’s why DM chose the loan route.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on August 25, 2021, 12:28:11 am by les@donr »
Let him train with the U18's, he'll soon want to leave the club.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on August 25, 2021, 02:20:21 pm by normal rules »
Let’s not forget, bogles agent, Jake Speight, played with DM at Bradford. They will be mates.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on August 25, 2021, 02:29:08 pm by Retdon1 »
Let’s not forget, bogles agent, Jake Speight, played with DM at Bradford. They will be mates.

The same Jake Speight that was jailed for battering his then girlfriend

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on August 25, 2021, 02:54:37 pm by normal rules »

The same Jake Speight that was jailed for battering his then girlfriend

Oh yes. Bogles agent is a thug.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on August 25, 2021, 04:20:16 pm by RoversAlias »

DM as in Darren Moore? Moore played for Bradford from 1997 to 1999, so I'm struggling to see how he'd be friends with Speight because of this, since Speight was 12 years old at the time and played for Bradford in 2010-11.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on August 25, 2021, 04:26:36 pm by German Rover »

DM as in Darren Moore? Moore played for Bradford from 1997 to 1999, so I'm struggling to see how he'd be friends with Speight because of this, since Speight was 12 years old at the time and played for Bradford in 2010-11.

Don't let things like facts get in the way!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on August 25, 2021, 04:31:44 pm by normal rules »
My bad. Senior moment.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on August 25, 2021, 04:33:37 pm by the vicar »
I said on here when we all heated about Bogle being garbage, but no one believed me and slated me for it.  I didn’t want to say it but I TOLD YOU SO I didn’t want to be smug about it but some way I can’t help it a little bit

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on August 25, 2021, 05:04:18 pm by danumdon »
It always amazes me when clubs bring in a sporting director (or his equivalent) and then let the manager have carte blanch to do as they see fit, if this was the case then what's the point of the appointment? If the overall strategy was to select on other than pure footballing prowess then this needs an internal investigation at the club to ensure we have processors in place to ensure we don't have this debacle again. As we now look on with hindsight some signings were progressive, others were worryingly not.

We will never know but after the appontment of DM if it was his intention to stay here and build some sort of legacy that amounted to a bit more then the eventual pitiful effort, before he was tapped up or was he always the chancer looking for the next bigger oppertunity?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on August 25, 2021, 05:09:35 pm by the vicar »
I think the latter and a liar

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on August 25, 2021, 05:29:24 pm by Plumbster »
The warning signs when we signed Bogle we’re coming loud and clear from the Charlton fans.  DM thought he could turn his career around and RW also wanted to give him a chance.  I think a lot of us hoped that they would be successful but it hasn’t happened and we just have to move on.  I feel for the guy tbh but I hope we can agree a ‘graceful’ exit route for him and he finds an environment he can do well in.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on August 25, 2021, 05:37:32 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
I said on here when we all heated about Bogle being garbage, but no one believed me and slated me for it.  I didn’t want to say it but I TOLD YOU SO I didn’t want to be smug about it but some way I can’t help it a little bit
everyone wanted to give him a chance when he first signed and rightly so because he scored goals with Grimsby and had a hard time since but ppl wanted someone with his size in because Fej was missing that hold up play and we needed that extra option up there at the time. It’s not worked out for him here so if he does move on in this window good luck to him wherever he goes.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on August 25, 2021, 05:43:46 pm by the vicar »
Whoops soo Bailey Grimsby about 100 years ago.  I know he was shit and I said that, and he hasn’t got it in him to be a footballer. You need know he might get a job at Tesco stacking shelves with the size of him
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 05:45:57 pm by the vicar »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012