Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:33:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Schools Fully Open 8th March  (Read 6784 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Schools Fully Open 8th March
« Reply #150 on March 10, 2021, 01:29:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's very true BST, that's why I try to simplify my conversations chats with you.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on March 10, 2021, 02:26:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The point that you missed being that YES there are people who disagree with COVID measures. And these people get their view reinforced with lines that come from certain groups of politicians and certain sections of the Press.

Equally, there are people who want to be able to drive as fast as they want. But they are generally treated like social pariahs and they have no-one prominent supporting them.

Odd thing is BB, you have constantly banged the drum that criticising the Govt over COVID measures is wrong. Yet you never, ever criticise people who argue against lockdowns and social distancing.

Almost as if you only want to pick a fight with one group of people...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on March 10, 2021, 03:00:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I only read the first line of your post which said "The speed limit and food hygiene analogy is a good one." That was enough for me to respond to, and correct you because the speed limit and food hygiene analogy is a shit one, and I explained why it was a shit one in reasonable detail.

I don't object to criticism of the government when it is due, but to look for criticism at every opportunity and repeat over and over and over and over and over the same  f**king criticism when you can't find anything else to complain about is also adding reinforcement to the views and actions of the non-conforming fraternity.

There will be a time when an inquiry of the government's handling of the pandemic will take place, and hopefully, it will be carried out by a politically unprejudiced and unbiased and balanced jury, and not by people with a political agenda, like you.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on March 10, 2021, 03:20:19 pm by albie »
Ignoring the proud boys and the deflection strategy, Whitty and Vallance are getting their cover in place in case it all goes wrong;
https://www.channel4.com/news/englands-chief-medical-officer-predicts-coronavirus-surge-if-lockdown-eased-too-fast

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on March 10, 2021, 03:51:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'll remember in future that you don't read past the first sentence before deciding what to say BB. Makes a lot of things make sense, now I think about it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on March 10, 2021, 04:27:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST, I write posts that are sharp and to the point. You write epics. The reason why I write short posts is because you will scrutinize every word if you're struggling for a proper answer, and if you can find faults, or invent them in order to change direction of the discussion, you will. If it's any consolation you're not the only one to do that.

Also, I like to take one point at a time so they can be answered one at a time and not ignored while in the process of answering other questions you might find easier to answer. That is, of course if or when you do decide to answer any. I never hold my breath in that regard.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on March 10, 2021, 05:03:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And in doing so, you missed the whole point of the analogy.

Your call. Have fun. I've had more than enough for one day.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on March 10, 2021, 05:10:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I read the rest of your post after, and it was still a rubbish analogy for the reasons I gave previously.

Now, I'm off to watch some paint dry.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on March 10, 2021, 05:47:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This seems a bit of a silly policy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56349116

It's well known that the lateral flow tests give a lot of false +ves and the whole point of following it up with a PCR test is to weed out the false +ves. What is the point in following up with a PCR test if you are then going to ignore it?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on March 10, 2021, 09:13:17 pm by SydneyRover »
more wasted energy when it's just common sense really?

''Sex between coaches and teenagers in their care to be made illegal in England and Wales''

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk

TinyPortal © 2005-2012