Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:16:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCann  (Read 7708 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: McCann
« Reply #60 on February 22, 2021, 09:07:49 pm by Alan Southstand »
He’s hardly going to go on record as saying he can’t stand him!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 22, 2021, 09:10:04 pm by idler »
He did say that he said sorry to him on the way off.
He then laughed and said that he didn't mean it though.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 22, 2021, 09:14:29 pm by scawsby steve »
Perhaps, just perhaps, JC is taking the proverbial.

I don't think so. Copps is not only a fantastic footballer, he's a fantastic human being as well. I doubt if he'll have a bad word for anybody.

You make him sound like Mary Poppins.

:lol: :lol:

Nah, she'd have put that free kick over the bar.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 22, 2021, 09:46:07 pm by Alan Southstand »
Having listened to McCann’s version of the lengthy injury near the end of the game, he was insinuating that Lokilo had his arm raised and somehow was at fault for Honeyman being put in a neck brace! Unbelievable. I’ve watched the slomo back and, if anything, the Hull 23 caused the collision by forcing Jason into Honeyman, who just stood there and blocked him. Any arm that was ‘raised’ was done instinctively to cushion his fall. He claims they had an iPad down on the bench and there was sufficient time to study it, so why come up with some arbitrary theory about possible thuggery? I’ll warrant Jason has all on making 10 stone, wet through, with a diving suit on. The man should send an immediate apology for even suggesting such a thing - but then, he’s never wrong, is he?
Complete asshole.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 22, 2021, 10:32:18 pm by drfchound »
I thought much the same as you about this Alan.
McCann was pathetic in most of the stuff he said in that interview.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 22, 2021, 10:38:45 pm by BobG »
Alan: Ive just learned a new word. I'm trying, (trying!) to learn Spanish. I have started on a few swear words. The word you mentioned, in regard to a certain manager unable to see what is in front of his eyes, is 'ojete'. A very useful word.... All letters are pronounced by the way. No silent letters. So 'o jet e' (the 'jet' is pronounced with a soft j so it sounds like an 'h' as in 'hay'. The 'e' is prounced like like 'hay').

BobG
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:08:39 am by BobG »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 23, 2021, 12:50:02 am by PDX_Rover »
Just saw McCann on Quest saying they didn’t get the rub of the green from the ref.

Pathetic really.

Pathethic given we think we should have had 2 or 3 Penalties. 2 of them were Penalties for sure and were not given

The Ref gave Hull a soft Free Kick that immediately led to a goal to them and I was not too sure about the foul given for our equaliser

Those 2 were amongst a number of soft fouls given for and against both sides

If the Ref sees them as fouls then he should act on totting up but one Hull player despite being talked at by the Ref after about 20 minutes then did an equal if not more serious "one for the Team / break up play" - you know the kind and was not Carded

He went on to be a serial fouler and yet did not see a Yellow Card till round the 80th minute

So I agree the Ref was rubbish - and I marked him 0 on rate the Ref with only 60 minutes on the Clock but do I think Hull got the worst of his judgements ? Absolutely NO WAY

The foul for Hull’s first goal. Just watched it again. Crazy. I thought Honeyman was taking another knee.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 23, 2021, 06:11:55 am by Alan Southstand »
Muchas gracias Bob. I agree ojete sounds better than asshole, but that just means he’s still what I called him due to him being what you called him.

:lol:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 06:14:55 am by Alan Southstand »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 23, 2021, 01:38:10 pm by BobG »
:):):)

Yup. He is!!

Ojete, ojete, ojete!

BobG

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 23, 2021, 05:14:39 pm by scawsby steve »
Alan: Ive just learned a new word. I'm trying, (trying!) to learn Spanish. I have started on a few swear words. The word you mentioned, in regard to a certain manager unable to see what is in front of his eyes, is 'ojete'. A very useful word.... All letters are pronounced by the way. No silent letters. So 'o jet e' (the 'jet' is pronounced with a soft j so it sounds like an 'h' as in 'hay'. The 'e' is prounced like like 'hay').

BobG

In that case, Bob, you'll agree that McCann is a right CONYO. Actually, it should be spelled with a ~ above the N instead of the Y, but I don't know how to do it on the keyboard.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 23, 2021, 05:33:08 pm by BobG »
Steve

Shift+control+~ and then the letter. If you keep hold of the shift key you get a capital. If you let go, you get lower case.

The acute accent is AltG+any vowel and the upside down question mark is control+alt+shift+question mark

Cheers!

PS. I can't remember if these work but I've got a note that the question mark is also alt191. The ~ is alt164 and the accent is alt165.

Mind you, my writing is so goddamn awful these days it's hard to read my own notes!

Bob

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 05:40:41 pm by BobG »

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 23, 2021, 08:01:25 pm by Janso »
Pointless piece of info but if you want the euro sign € it's AltGr + 4.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 23, 2021, 08:03:04 pm by drfchound »
Janso, that might be a useful bit of info if ever people are allowed to go on foreign holidays again.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 23, 2021, 08:11:47 pm by belton rover »
Perhaps, just perhaps, JC is taking the proverbial.

I don't think so. Copps is not only a fantastic footballer, he's a fantastic human being as well. I doubt if he'll have a bad word for anybody.

You make him sound like Mary Poppins.

:lol: :lol:
He’s nothing like that evil bitch.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 24, 2021, 10:58:43 am by ravenrover »
Regarding the quote, the silence from the seior playrrs when McCann left said it all. No thank you no best wishes and no good lucks

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 24, 2021, 01:25:55 pm by BobG »
Did anyone come out and say thanks publicly to SOD when he left? I can't remember.....!

BobG

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on February 24, 2021, 01:51:47 pm by Alickismyhero »
Bob,
I accept I am not a player or connected to the club but I personally expressed my appreciation for his time at Donny directly to him.

He was very appreciative of my comments but what really hurt him was the inaccurate and hurtful comments made by his replacements at the state the club was in and look where they left us.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on February 24, 2021, 02:57:58 pm by BobG »
Yes Alick. I too corresponded with SOD after he was removed to express my appreciation, my regret and my sorrow. I have a feeling you know that already though!

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012