Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:05:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joey Barton new Bristol Rovers manager  (Read 2154 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Joey Barton new Bristol Rovers manager
« on February 22, 2021, 12:38:46 pm by Draytonian III »
I wonder how he’s going get on managing the smaller of the City’s two teams ? I bet the Robins forum is in overdrive giving him grief

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Joey Barton new Bristol Rovers manager
« Reply #1 on February 22, 2021, 12:41:35 pm by Branton Rover »
Was hoping he’d take over at Wednesday - still you can’t have everything can you?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 22, 2021, 12:42:42 pm by since-1969 »
If your desperate you’ll try anything and that includes digging down at the bottom of the dust bin !! :sick:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 22, 2021, 12:50:43 pm by Filo »
Herat felt condolences the Bristol Rovers fans

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 22, 2021, 12:53:38 pm by DRNaith »
Nigel Pearson was rumoured to be getting the role.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 22, 2021, 12:57:08 pm by RugbyRover »

at City

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 22, 2021, 12:58:40 pm by 5 on Tour »
How desperate must they be? He makes most Kitsons look like The Pope!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 22, 2021, 01:10:49 pm by DRNaith »

at City

Ah, tomatoes, potatoes

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 22, 2021, 01:17:18 pm by ravenrover »
Will he be able to carry out his managerial duties when he's sent down?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 22, 2021, 01:34:07 pm by Campsall rover »
Crikey what a stupid appointment. Do they not realise Fleetwood got rid for a reason.
What a crazy decision this has been. Could be sent down in the summer.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 22, 2021, 01:45:11 pm by vaya »
Could be sent down in the summer.

Him, them or both?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 22, 2021, 01:52:35 pm by Campsall rover »
Could be sent down in the summer.

Him, them or both?
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  Oh dear it will look like a great appointment if he fails to keep them up and he gets 2 yrs in one of Her Majesty’s Prisons.

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 22, 2021, 03:41:35 pm by ss1953 »
Why is he allowed to carry on in Football, whilst he has an assault/GBH charge hanging over him?
When's his trial?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 22, 2021, 03:47:09 pm by BobG »
I imagine, without actually knowing, it is because, at the moment, he is not guilty of anything at all.

BobG

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 22, 2021, 06:16:24 pm by 5 on Tour »
I imagine, without actually knowing, it is because, at the moment, he is not guilty of anything at all.

BobG

He’s guilty of many things.

eadiee73

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 22, 2021, 06:40:19 pm by eadiee73 »
From a Gashead perspective:
This appointment has completely divided the fans. Some are happy thinking that we’ve been too nice for too long and that he will “shake” the players up. The other side is fans saying they will send their ST back and will not watch us until he is gone. Many are saying that they will have nothing to do with the club until he is gone and the goodwill our owner had will just evaporate. The forums tonight are a complete mess and as a fan for over 50 years I don’t understand how an owner has so misunderstood the fans and what we want.
I guess in the end the truth will be somewhere in the middle. If we continue to shuffle about near the bottom he will get grief. If he takes us on a good run and we start to win most of the animosity will disappear. I guess we're pretty fickle when it comes down to it. We just want to win and have a club to be proud of. I think the pride will be hard to get with JB as manager. From a football POV Fleetwood played decent football, it’s just a shame JB struggles to be a decent human being.

PS. Great comeback on Saturday.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 22, 2021, 07:14:17 pm by Campsall rover »
This appointment has completely divided the fans. Some are happy thinking that we’ve been too nice for too long and that he will “shake” the players up. The other side is fans saying they will send their ST back and will not watch us until he is gone. Many are saying that they will have nothing to do with the club until he is gone and the goodwill our owner had will just evaporate. The forums tonight are a complete mess and as a fan for over 50 years I don’t understand how an owner has so misunderstood the fans and what we want.
I guess in the end the truth will be somewhere in the middle. If we continue to shuffle about near the bottom he will get grief. If he takes us on a good run and we start to win most of the animosity will disappear. I guess we're pretty fickle when it comes down to it. We just want to win and have a club to be proud of. I think the pride will be hard to get with JB as manager. From a football POV Fleetwood played decent football, it’s just a shame JB struggles to be a decent human being.

You will get plenty of decisions going your way from Referees as most seem frightened to death of him.
Good luck, think you will need it. He will teach your players every cheating trick in the book. Should get you a few extra points that might keep you up.  :facepalm:

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 22, 2021, 08:10:38 pm by ss1953 »

BobG

In many jobs, the fact you have a court case with this degree of severity, would lead to a suspension from work, until it was over.
How can the EFL sanction someone to work, who has (allegedly) assaulted his host.

A lot of people seem to be getting suspended or sacked, just for saying the wrong thing, is that worse than assault?

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 22, 2021, 08:23:43 pm by godlike1 »

Fantastic summation of almost every football fan in  the country. Apart from prem club fans that is

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 22, 2021, 09:45:33 pm by BobG »
5 on Tour - that made me laugh out loud! Yes. Agreed.

ss1953. Yes. The point hadn't struck me, but that is something to think about. Problem is, of course, unless you, me or Joey Barton are in beach of a contract, you can't be easily sacked. I dont know the law regarding suspensions but 'restraint of trade' might come into play as far as JB is concerned. He's paid the price for whatever he did at Fleetwood, and, the FA/FL would hardly dare to interfere in a Crown Court matter. I suspect therefore that there are huge grey areas around the point you made. Given the decades long craven attitude of the leadership of the FA and the FL (ever since Alan Hardaker in fact!) you really can't imagine them taking the lead on anything can you...?

BobG
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 10:40:00 pm by BobG »

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 23, 2021, 12:46:56 pm by ss1953 »
BobG

Would Barton pass the fit and proper person test?
Easier to be a manager than a director in the EFL

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 23, 2021, 06:24:13 pm by 5 on Tour »
BobG

Would Barton pass the fit and proper person test?
Easier to be a manager than a director in the EFL

Not sure Barton would pass the fit and proper person test in prison let alone in the EFL.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 23, 2021, 10:16:04 pm by BobG »
Just a shame that there is no such test for managers.....

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 24, 2021, 01:38:17 am by SydneyRover »
It would make it interesting if he got to run a prison team, wouldn't want to be the ref.

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 24, 2021, 11:27:22 am by ss1953 »
Someone should send him a video of the Longest Yard

Although there's a good guy as the central character

TinyPortal © 2005-2012