Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:45:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Johnson a liar .......... it's about time he was called out on the world stage  (Read 1079 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Better late than never but it's about time people of influence around the world called out these so called leaders for what they are, johnson, trump, bolsanaro, putin, xi jinping etc ............

''Boris Johnson 'a liar' who will blame Brexit costs on Covid, says diplomat
Sylvie Bermann, former French ambassador, puts PM’s handling of pandemic alongside Donald Trump’s''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/24/boris-johnson-a-liar-who-will-seek-to-blame-brexit-costs-on-covid-says-diplomat

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
That article is nothing more than a desperate woman plugging her book.

Did you read the bit about the film, ‘Dunkirk’.

Twaddle.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Did you read her decription about brexiters, bit close to the bone I would think

belton rover

• Forum Member
In what respect?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
accuracy

belton rover

• Forum Member
This is quite a topical issue on a different thread at the moment - the validity, usefulness and factual support that links provide.

This link of yours is quite possibly the worst (or is it best?) example of shit stirring under the guise of debate I have ever read on here.

I am really interested in knowing how the process worked from a thought in your head about whatever you hoped to achieve to finding and reading and then posting a link to it under the guise of some kind of actual proof that Johnson is a liar.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Belton.

A minor interjection. If you think that link is needed as proof that Johnson is a serial, pathological, compulsive liar, where have you been for the past 30 years?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
I only know I have to look at Peter Stefanovic (spelling) on Twitter. He and a couple of others show latest speeches of (Liar) Johnson as I call him and his Govt Ministers giving examples of what they have said in Public and HOC and then he appears and corrects the record

It is a matter of public record that Johnson lies now and has lied in the past and Im not lying (end of ..... interest)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
This is quite a topical issue on a different thread at the moment - the validity, usefulness and factual support that links provide.

This link of yours is quite possibly the worst (or is it best?) example of shit stirring under the guise of debate I have ever read on here.

I am really interested in knowing how the process worked from a thought in your head about whatever you hoped to achieve to finding and reading and then posting a link to it under the guise of some kind of actual proof that Johnson is a liar.

It's always a topical issue and I posted it because I think it important that people understand how johnson and people (collectively) are regarded by intelligent people on the world stage, not all of course but I'm guessing it's what many more think but are restrained by the positions they hold. Johnson did appeal to the masses with his view that foreigners are basically not as smart as us, excepting the 'working class' or any other group that didn't go to private school or from a different ethnic background that is ............... and that the EU is run by a bunch of wastrel money grasping banana benders. He tends to perpetuate the view that britain is being held back by these dim foreigners that run the EU. His Churchillian drum beating and flag waving doesn't really cut it and hasn't for quite a while with other nations as they can see that britain no longer has an empire and now has helped put it's own safety at risk by exiting from the EU, which just happens coincide with what putin and trump of course has wanted all along.

belton rover

• Forum Member
Billy. You are completely missing the point. I KNOW Johnson is a liar, quite a big fat one.
My point is that this link gives absolutely no credibility to that discussion. And links are what sone people live or die for.

belton rover

• Forum Member

It's always a topical issue and I posted it because I think it important that people understand how johnson and people (collectively) are regarded by intelligent people on the world stage, not all of course but I'm guessing it's what many more think but are restrained by the positions they hold. Johnson did appeal to the masses with his view that foreigners are basically not as smart as us, excepting the 'working class' or any other group that didn't go to private school or from a different ethnic background that is ............... and that the EU is run by a bunch of wastrel money grasping banana benders. He tends to perpetuate the view that britain is being held back by these dim foreigners that run the EU. His Churchillian drum beating and flag waving doesn't really cut it and hasn't for quite a while with other nations as they can see that britain no longer has an empire and now has helped put it's own safety at risk by exiting from the EU, which just happens coincide with what putin and trump of course has wanted all along.

And that, Sydney, all sounds quite sensible, without any real context.
However.
You pointed me towards her, an ‘intelligent person on the world stage’, opinions of ‘some’ Brexiters. as an ‘accurate’ picture, and being ‘close to the bone’. She said they they hated Germany and think Britain won the war and liberated Europe single handedly, and that Harry Styles saving lives on a French beach makes things even worse.

‘Some’ remainers are murderers, rapists and pedophiles. How does that sit in terms of being accurately close to the bone with you, as a staunch remainer?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
belton, your 'logic' could be applied anywhere anytime to any to any argument. It's like applying the damned if they do damned they don't to an argument when one has little to say.

belton rover

• Forum Member
belton, your 'logic' could be applied anywhere anytime to any to any argument. It's like applying the damned if they do damned they don't to an argument when one has little to say.

I completely agree.
And that is why your post and subsequent link is NOTHING but antagonistic, ignorant, and incredibly sad, in a time of such concern.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Oh well you are entitled to your view

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Billy. You are completely missing the point. I KNOW Johnson is a liar, quite a big fat one.
My point is that this link gives absolutely no credibility to that discussion. And links are what sone people live or die for.

Accepted.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
That you feel the article is antgonistic is entirely up to you but the ignorant and sad bit you'll need to substantiate your position as it's not at all clear. Your original comment that I posted it to 'prove johnson is a liar' is incorrect, I posted it to say that international leaders need to call him out to show him for what he is ............. it's what you walk by. If he keeps turning up on the national and international stage and only being called out in the 'letters to the paper' and other means he will continue to sow his seeds of doubt and continue to attempt to rewrite history. History is littered with many examples of 'leaders' that destroyed lives and societies that were allowed to strut the world stage without question.

As far as links are concerned it's obvious to all that I'm no political scientist but as you are aware by now have strong views of collective good over the individual in most cases and do not have the ability or time or skill to produce theses on the matter. My views were formed from a mixture of influences from my family, work and opportunity, friends, teachers, politicians and the media. I read fairly widely from what I view as reliable sources, from those that are not afraid to call out the 'home side' when it errs but not necessarliy. I do not read from news sources that have a proven history of blind faith in their own champions. Therefore, so there is no confusion about bigging myself up and posting thoughts as if they were my own but having in fact just read about the subject I will post an article that I support (but not always) but usually expresses a view or position better than I can.

belton rover

• Forum Member
You absolutely did not say ‘international leaders need to call him out’.

What you did say was:

‘about time people of influence around the world called out these so called leaders for what they are, johnson, trump, bolsanaro, putin, xi jinping etc’.

Whether this former ambassador is actually a person of influence is at best, questionable. But let’s say she is. She has used her ‘influence’ to promote her book by talking utter ignorant codswallop in that piece. It matters little that there might be the odd fact in there in a futile attempt to make it sound credible.
You have either been duped by it, or even worse, you actually believe it.

Either way, it was an ignorant and sad thing to do.

I hope that substantiates my position.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
as you wish

belton rover

• Forum Member
As you wrote

selby

• VSC Member
  Looks like being labeled a Liar has more mass appeal than Mr Hindsight, Who, or Nobody.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012