Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:19:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coppinger's Book  (Read 1090 times)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
Coppinger's Book
« on February 26, 2021, 10:58:54 am by keyser_soze »
Spotted this on LinkedIn - first i had heard of it but sounds like it will be a great read. He's definitely setting himself up as an ambassador for mental health / positive thinking and is obviously keeping himself busy already!

- - - - -

An announcement: at 40 years old and in my last season I’ve put pen to paper and have written a book! Including a forward from Sir Kenny Dalglish it tells the story of my career but viewed from the perspective of my developing mentality, promoting the importance of a professional mindset.

I hardly recognise the person and footballer I’ve become compared to my younger version and I’m sure aspiring footballers (in fact anyone interested in personal development) will be able to relate to the challenges I’ve faced along the way and the mistakes I’ve made which helped me to improve.

I’m currently considering publishing options, so if any firms in that area are interested in working with me on this project then please make contact. I’m looking to move fast and maybe even get the book on the shelves before the end of the season.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:03:25 am by keyser_soze »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Coppinger's Book
« Reply #1 on February 26, 2021, 12:20:29 pm by NickDRFC »
Looking foreword to reading the forward from the renowned ex-foreword Kenny Dalglish!

Seriously though I think it would be a great read, hope he finds somewhere!

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 26, 2021, 12:41:33 pm by keyser_soze »
Looking foreword to reading the forward from the renowned ex-foreword Kenny Dalglish!

Haha!

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 26, 2021, 05:56:36 pm by Scooter »
It should be an interesting read. Get it in the club shop

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 26, 2021, 07:48:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I was wondering whether he might write a book.

I think James story is something different and would be a shame if it was seen just another footballers career highlights as we know it's much more than that and should have a wider appeal. Well, you'd hope so.

I'd like to think there was scope at some point for a film/TV documentary which ordinary folk can relate to as he has faced many personal uphill challenges that we can all learn from.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012