Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:04:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Baggies  (Read 2666 times)

Getridorit

• Forum Member
Baggies
« on February 27, 2021, 05:01:25 pm by Getridorit »
Starting to now look more and more like West brom made the correct decision regarding Darren Moore.

That performance vs Ipswich was pathetic.
Yes it looked nice, but that's all it was.

No tenacity, no urgency.

We were still fannying about at the death, when really we needed to lump it into the box.

It was just soft, gutless and spineless.

The 2013 team would eat every single one of their livers for breakfast, then smash 5 past Ipswich.

Where are the mesters, who actually want to win a game of football?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 11:11:23 pm by Getridorit »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Baggies
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2021, 05:04:03 pm by dickos1 »
Even the commentators made comment suggesting anyone would think it was us 2-1 up and trying to see the game out.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2021, 05:06:31 pm by Getridorit »
Even the commentators made comment suggesting anyone would think it was us 2-1 up and trying to see the game out.
I know!
It was gutless, devoid of any drive whatsoever.

Starting to have doubts...

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2021, 05:10:18 pm by Lesonthewest »
They were able to play the game out like they 3 or 4 up, for a side chasing a goal that last ten minutes was nothing short of pathetic, overhit easy passes, needless fouls, no urgency, tippy tappy at the back, lack of a different approach.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2021, 05:12:17 pm by Rovers Return »
Mate, who is a West Brom fan, described this very scenario when we appointed him. Especially the continuing to play out and around the back when the players are not good enough.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2021, 05:17:29 pm by Getridorit »
So frustrating, especially when it clearly isn't working.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2021, 05:18:04 pm by StocksArmy »
Starting to now look more and more like West brom made the correct decision regarding Darren Moore.

No tenacity, no urgency.

We were still fannying about at the death, when really we needed to lump it into the box.

The 2013 team would eat every single one of their livers for breakfast, then smash 5 past Ipswich.

I fully agree. I personally cant stomach the bloke. How many first halves have wasted since he came in?

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2021, 05:27:56 pm by Getridorit »

No tenacity, no urgency.

I fully agree. I personally cant stomach the bloke. How many first halves have wasted since he came in?
Far too many.
Really starting to have doubts now

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 27, 2021, 06:21:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It so nearly came off today but could also have been worst. For me the style was good, just lacking the final oomph. That end of first half scramble really should have resulted in a goal, and there were other opportunities from several players where they weren't in top gear in the killing zone, including touches, drive and shooting but also not anticipting the better balls that were played with no one going for it or a player stepping back rather than accelerating and expecting the ball played to the best place. Thos balls were played, the antipation was lacking.

So, for me all good with DM and his style, just not that up for it attitude from the players, again. Mesters driving the team isn't happening, maybe someone from the management being a very serious hard cop in the dressing room before they come out and at half time?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2021, 06:22:00 pm by PDX_Rover »
Terrible. Only sixth in the table. Yes, we are on shocking run but I have faith.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 27, 2021, 06:37:58 pm by scawsby steve »
Terrible. Only sixth in the table. Yes, we are on shocking run but I have faith.

What is that faith based on, PDX?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 27, 2021, 07:27:35 pm by Campsall rover »
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
You would think we a starring relegation in the face.

One win and we could go on another great run again. We have the players to do it
At least 18 other clubs in this league would swap their team for ours.

Confidence is a massive thing in this game as it it is in any Sport.
It’s unbelievable one min we are promotion certainties the next we are complete rubbish.

Perspective needed. Serious Perspective needed.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 27, 2021, 07:29:54 pm by 5 on Tour »
I don’t think DM’s Plan A is terrible. I just don’t think Plan B exists. It’s frustrating watching the same thing fail over and over.

The better teams can counter Plan A and have been doing so successfully for too many games now. Its not exactly going to take Pep’s data analyst to figure out what stops us.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 27, 2021, 07:33:47 pm by bobbymax »
Yes, don't know why we bother! We're so poor we're sixth in the table with games in hand. (NB: Irony)

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 27, 2021, 07:39:33 pm by jmt23 »
I have faith - this run is down to losing key players at a pivotal time:

Simms - back but not yet fully fit
Whiteman - Bostock is looking like a good fit for his role, and beginning to dominate the play, but as above not yet match fit.
TJJ - He's a big miss, and the work rate he put in was great, with no shortage of skill.
Taylor - He was playing really well before injury/Covid, and not quite back there yet.
The keepers - we have had to adapt to different keepers - Balcombe has proved his worth though, despite some knockers on here.

We are starting to build again, and looking better with each passing game - we should have won today, but poor finishing and piss poor defending cost us - we created enough chances. Im not saying we were good, as we struggled with the ball at our feet for the first 45 mins, but I think we were the better team, which has not been the case for a while.

Would I change stuff, yeah... We did well in the second half against Hull because Bostock was almost playing in defence, and dictating the passing from there - rather than the defenders that panic, or overthink the easy pass. Today he was further up, and Smith played the role - it didn't work, and it was changed at half time.

We need to start crossing the ball - I call this the Copps effect - we chop back and forward, then try  tippy tappying, and it hardly ever comes off.

Ive said this before, I would hate being a striker for us, we don't cross it, we don't pick runners out - we just use them as something to bounce a ball off. I am not sure Bogle will stand for this, he looks a grumpy sod at the best of times - and looks puzzled they don't give him the ball.

So, whilst its annoying we are not top of the league (we clearly have it in our locker)and we could have been, we are not in a bad position, and certainly nowhere near getting shut of a decent manager.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 27, 2021, 07:51:15 pm by RobTheRover »
Frustrating is the word. We generally played well, but the chances we get have got to be taken.

Bostock absolutely frustrates me to death. He knows he's good on the ball so wants too many touches. Slows the game down. It robs us of drive and urgency, especially when we are behind. The incisive play of 10 games ago seems to have evaporated

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 27, 2021, 08:21:54 pm by Lesonthewest »
Nothing to do with having perspective in my opinion, the thing that is needed is for the manager to get the best out of this talented group, & it's proving at the minute he is struggling, & a big part of that is his stubborness to play the same way when it's simply not working, we need to be more flexible in our play, it's like we are frightened to death to cross a ball & give away possession.

In my opinion with 10 minutes left chasing a goal we should be knocking balls into the box left right & centre, but we continue to p1ss about at the back, we are still in a good position, although I reckon automatic has gone. Good teams can change the way they play mid game when the opposition suss your tactics, we now have a bench to do that instead of like for like. Most of us as supporters already have perspective, the management & players need to get us out of this mini slump, & if that means playing a different way for a while then so be it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 27, 2021, 10:17:41 pm by dickos1 »
Nothing has gone,
We’ve 18 games to go, people talking like we’ve 3 or 4 games left

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 27, 2021, 10:36:54 pm by PDX_Rover »
Frustrating is the word. We generally played well, but the chances we get have got to be taken.

Bostock absolutely frustrates me to death. He knows he's good on the ball so wants too many touches. Slows the game down. It robs us of drive and urgency, especially when we are behind. The incisive play of 10 games ago seems to have evaporated

Agree 100%. Bostock has quality but lacking yhe urgency.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 28, 2021, 08:25:55 am by Padge_DRFC »
Don't think he's misplaced a pass in the last 2 games has he?

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 28, 2021, 09:10:24 am by StocksArmy »
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

One win and we could go on another great run again. We have the players to do it

It’s unbelievable one min we are promotion certainties the next we are complete rubbish.

At it again. You watch this tripe week in week out and tollerate it if you like. Dont expect everybody to. How can you sit there and defend whats been on show?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 28, 2021, 10:51:28 am by EasyforDennis »

Agree 100%. Bostock has quality but lacking yhe urgency.

Have you not considered that maybe Bostock is waiting for someone to move so he can pass to them? He is a class footballer and his thought process is obviously way in front of some/most of our players.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 28, 2021, 10:59:20 am by dickos1 »
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

At it again. You watch this tripe week in week out and tollerate it if you like. Dont expect everybody to. How can you sit there and defend whats been on show?

That’s OTT, it isn’t tripe week in week out is it? We’ve just been on one of the best runs in the clubs entire history with these players and this manager.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 28, 2021, 01:15:29 pm by Move DRFC »

No tenacity, no urgency.

Far too many.
Really starting to have doubts now

You starting to have doubts mate?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 28, 2021, 04:54:25 pm by roversdude »
Wow talk about toys out the pram. It wasn’t a bad performance I agree there needs to be more urgency but it wasn’t a bad display

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 28, 2021, 10:29:44 pm by Drover »
They were able to play the game out like they 3 or 4 up, for a side chasing a goal that last ten minutes was nothing short of pathetic, overhit easy passes, needless fouls, no urgency, tippy tappy at the back, lack of a different approach.

Many of our fans say,SOD is their all time favourite/best manager,and actually,you've described how I felt the same way 50% of the time about us under SOD.
Five games ago,despite knowing we was two games through a tough run of nine/ten games,we did'nt expect to lose and concede so many goals in the process of the last 5 games,another run of good form like we had in Jan,and we're back up there.Anyway,I've got a good feeling,we'll beat Pompey,hopefully putting smiles back on our faces.  :clapping:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 01:43:15 am by Drover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012