Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:47:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore - gone!  (Read 24513 times)

dijit8

• Forum Member
Re: Darren Moore - gone!
« Reply #90 on March 01, 2021, 09:51:39 am by dijit8 »
I am not surprised he has left as i always felt we were a stop gap for him, but to go to Wednesday in the state they are in is a ridiculous move for him.  Maybe its the challenge of building a new side next season that appeals to him.
I am sure he will have been offered a big bonus to keep them up, hope our current form follows him to S6.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on March 01, 2021, 09:52:26 am by Chris Black come back »
There is a question here about making sure we do get a proper payday when managers leave. We cannot keep them but if they go, we need decent cash if they are going to larger clubs like Wednesday, Hull or Wolves.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on March 01, 2021, 09:52:42 am by EasyforDennis »
So much for all his christian values, integrity etc etc b*llocks. Basically his morals are very questionable. Just another gimme the money manager.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on March 01, 2021, 09:52:56 am by redarmy82 »
Someone on the Wednesday forum reckons he's only appointed til the end of the season

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on March 01, 2021, 09:53:04 am by Scooter »
I think putting Butler is a great decision. I’d rather have him than one of the usual merry go round dinosaurs

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on March 01, 2021, 09:53:11 am by Barmby Rover »
He must like managing in League 1, so much for the "community" club he was looking for. He will not find that at Wendies, but I suspect quite a few of our present players will end up wearing a blue and white striped shirt next season. Not good for the club, I suspect we will be falling down the table soon, I hope not, but this sort of thing doesn't always bode well for attitudes in dressing rooms.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on March 01, 2021, 09:53:21 am by i_ateallthepies »
I'm glad he's left us at this stage.  I for one had no faith in his ability to turn our form around.

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on March 01, 2021, 09:53:59 am by Jersey Rover »
Think the timing might be good for us if Andy can hit the ground running. We’ve become very sterile with out tactics of late with teams working our one dimensional play out. New man, fresh ideas and tactics. Could be just the pick up we need for the run in. Onward and upward

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on March 01, 2021, 09:54:16 am by colincramb »
Big shame this, after all we offered him his route back into management after he was dumped by West Brom - the media made a big deal of how he was badly treated at the time. Well, he’s jumped ship for more dough. Shocking to leave halfway through a season.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on March 01, 2021, 09:54:19 am by andysly »
Just pleased there’s not a transfer window round the corner because he be after Tom Anderson & Joe Wright at the very least.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on March 01, 2021, 09:54:29 am by Chris Black come back »
Hope that Butler can now get a proper grip of the truly appalling defensive unit our back line has become. Get them focused on stopping the ball going in to our net, not fannying around at the edge of the box.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 09:59:35 am by Chris Black come back »

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on March 01, 2021, 09:57:27 am by jamesrover17 »
I would definitely be looking at Richie Wellens in the summer, be a big ask to get him out from Salford though

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on March 01, 2021, 09:58:24 am by i_ateallthepies »
Who is Jamie Smith?  Looks like he's gone with Moore.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on March 01, 2021, 10:01:23 am by roversdude »
Does this tie in with contract talks on hold ? ie what the new manager would want

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on March 01, 2021, 10:01:40 am by redarmy82 »

Assistant

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on March 01, 2021, 10:02:08 am by Spud »

His assistant

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on March 01, 2021, 10:02:47 am by Shawndrfc »
I hope Moore gets as much stick as McCann he deserves it.

I am absolutely stunned at this, actually can't believe he walked away this point of the season to go the a team struggling just like McCann did, the only thing that stung more with McCann is that he actively let players walk because they didn't show the loyalty to the club, banged on about how important loyalty is then left us 4 weeks later.

People saying butler got no manager experience, are we all forgetting that managerial masterpiece he gave us against FC United of Manchester in the FA Cup........ jokes aside we have the talent in this team and people like Butler + Copps  can help unite the team and we push on rest of the season.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on March 01, 2021, 10:03:57 am by colincramb »
I would definitely be looking at Richie Wellens in the summer, be a big ask to get him out from Salford though

If Salford go up there’s no chance he’s leaving them.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on March 01, 2021, 10:06:46 am by i_ateallthepies »
Thanks guys.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on March 01, 2021, 10:06:51 am by dickos1 »
If he signs any of our players out of contract then that’s an utter disgrace

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on March 01, 2021, 10:08:10 am by redarmy82 »

A lot will depend on the relationship with the players.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on March 01, 2021, 10:08:28 am by pib »

He'll go for the ones he can get on loan, don't worry.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on March 01, 2021, 10:09:35 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
f**king gutted. Judas bas**rd.

In Butts we trust!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on March 01, 2021, 10:11:06 am by Chris Black come back »
The thing is, if you were Butler looking round that dressing room and trying to find people to really dig in now, there is not much there. So many of them are loan players who Moore brought in and owe nothing to the club or Butler now. It’s going to be a tough task for Andy to get this lot focused on turning round this run of form and putting a run together. Very tough.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on March 01, 2021, 10:11:36 am by Filo »
The more I think about this the more angrier I get, he purposely delayed contract talks to focus on the games, we all bought that and trusted him, a man with high morals we all thought, it’s obvious this has been festering in the back ground, the Free Press reporting that Wednesday asked permission to speak to him on Saturday morning, and through his agent he said he wanted to, he should have been suspended from duties at that point. I won’t have got home from Ipswich until late on Saturday and its all done and dusted Sunday, he’s been tapped up no doubt in my eyes. Also go back to Ipswich post match interview, it was different than all the others, he half criticised the players regarding the result, something he has never done before, he praised the performance but not the result, he knew he was off them, the bas**rd!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on March 01, 2021, 10:12:14 am by redarmy82 »
The thing is, if you were Butler looking round that dressing room and trying to find people to really dig in now, there is not much there. So many of them are loan players who Moore brought in and owe nothing to the club or Butler now. It’s going to be a tough task for Andy to get this lot focused on turning round this run of form and putting a run together. Very tough.

There by goes another one of the down sides of so many loans and short term contracts.

Were they here to play for the club, or to play for Darren?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on March 01, 2021, 10:14:06 am by dickos1 »
I think as a club we’ve got to look at bringing more stability to the club, offering the short contracts to players and staff is part of the reason this keeps happening to us

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on March 01, 2021, 10:15:59 am by EasyforDennis »

I think quite the opposite might the case. Players will now be playing to impress the new manager. I would imagine a good number of players would be pissed off with all Moore's swapping and changing and at times bizarre substitutions.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on March 01, 2021, 10:17:00 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Agree on more stability needed loan players should be the cherry on top not the spine of a team we've got the balance wrong imo.

The loan players are here to play for themselves which means the manager leaving shoudln't have an impact they still need to impress to get in at their clubs. I'm more concerned about player like Bostock who we wouldn't sign without DM. They are professionals though so shouldn't change anything

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on March 01, 2021, 10:17:05 am by redarmy82 »
I think as a club we’ve got to look at bringing more stability to the club, offering the short contracts to players and staff is part of the reason this keeps happening to us

Exactly. Some people won't have it though.

When we've half a dozen players this summer, maybe people will realise.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012