Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:58:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore - gone!  (Read 24539 times)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
Re: Darren Moore - gone!
« Reply #120 on March 01, 2021, 10:17:27 am by DRNaith »
Out of interest, what is Butler's record with the Belles?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on March 01, 2021, 10:18:08 am by TommyC »
Silent Majority stated that this has been a big distraction behind the scenes which by implication suggests it has been going on a while. However reports are stating that they only made their official approach to speak to him on Friday. Is SM able to elaborate as it would be strangely comforting if we could lay our recent poor form squarely at the door of this issue rumbling on behind the scenes!  As that issue has now resolved itself we would hopefully be able to rediscover our mojo you would hope.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:23:23 am by TommyC »

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on March 01, 2021, 10:19:13 am by Bailey Vickerage »
If he signs any of our players out of contract then that’s an utter disgrace
it will depend on his relationship
With the players but don’t think they will be happy with him going. Bostocks Twitter post says it all really

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on March 01, 2021, 10:20:15 am by Chris Black come back »
I think as a club we’ve got to look at bringing more stability to the club, offering the short contracts to players and staff is part of the reason this keeps happening to us

It’s not as simple as some say, but broadly this is right. I go back to McCann era in that you do need top quality loan players to get promoted, there is no way around this. Perhaps you don’t need your team to be made up mostly of them though.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on March 01, 2021, 10:21:26 am by rtid88 »
I think as a club we’ve got to look at bringing more stability to the club, offering the short contracts to players and staff is part of the reason this keeps happening to us

Exactly. Some people won't have it though.

When we've half a dozen players this summer, maybe people will realise.

Laughable comment really.....do you think we will be paying all of the wages for the players brought in one loan? Do you think we had to pay them a signing on fee?

We are a small club with a relatively small budget, if you want a full squad of players that we own than that's fine, we will be playing in the Vanarama if that's what you want? No team with as little debt as we have can compete in this league without a substantial amount of loan players its as simple as that.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on March 01, 2021, 10:21:40 am by redarmy82 »

It’s not as simple as some say, but broadly this is right. I go back to McCann era in that you do need top quality loan players to get promoted, there is no way around this. Perhaps you don’t need your team to be made up mostly of them though.

No one is saying we don't need loan players. We do. But we are overly reliant on them, and short term contracts. And having to rebuild every single summer. But it's the way the club want to operate for whatever reason.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on March 01, 2021, 10:23:01 am by redarmy82 »

Laughable comment really.....do you think we will be paying all of the wages for the players brought in one loan? Do you think we had to pay them a signing on fee?

We are a small club with a relatively small budget, if you want a full squad of players that we own than that's fine, we will be playing in the Vanarama if that's what you want? No team with as little debt as we have can compete in this league without a substantial amount of loan players its as simple as that.

It's your comment that is laughable.

How many other clubs in our division are so reliant on loans and short terms contracts? How many have to have a full rebuild every single summer?

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on March 01, 2021, 10:23:54 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I see Moore's first game in charge is at Hillsborough vs. Rotherham, on Wednesday evening. Imagine the early fan pressure he may feel from nothing but a win in this?!

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on March 01, 2021, 10:24:28 am by Dare to dream! »
You just know where the likes of Dan James and the others will end up now.

Need to get their contracts sorted if we can ASAP.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on March 01, 2021, 10:25:10 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Like the majority, I'm shocked and disappointed!

Probably an understatement and feels like a kick in the teeth at this stage of the season, especially as the young players who look up to him have just been deserted by him. Plus what example does that set!?

I really thought he was better than this. To add to the fact he's going to a basket case club makes it even more puzzling. The wrangles with me more than McCann.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on March 01, 2021, 10:25:35 am by belton rover »
I am really disappointed in Moore, but more so in Wednesday and the whole EFL set up. The only thing that could have turned Moore’s head, despite the rhetoric that will no doubt come, is money. A club in an absolute self inflicted mess can effectively buy who they want. Not only that, but how ridiculously arrogant and ignorant it is for a club to think ‘that manager is doing well for them so he will do well for us’. No thought of how a club is run from top to bottom.
I should be too old to be bitter, but I hope to actual f**k that Wednesday get relegated.

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on March 01, 2021, 10:26:26 am by HomerJSimpson »
WTF. Quite literally shocked by this and going to Wednesday who in all likely hood will be relegated is not a good move. Very poor. Hope Butler gets the squads full support.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on March 01, 2021, 10:26:34 am by roversdude »
13 of the squad on Saturday were our players so I don’t see the problem

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on March 01, 2021, 10:26:50 am by the vicar »
Quote from: Guernsey Exile link=topic=copps279851.msg1031719#msg1031719 date=1614590670
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/march/butler-appointed-manager-until-the-end-of-the-season/

Andy Butler takes over.

Martin - anything else you can tell us at this time?

Well, let me say I'm glad he's gone. It's been a complete distraction.

We have been adequately compensated and AB was always the contingency plan, which shows we were prepared if something like this did happen.

Thanks Martin - appreciate the insight

Copps to take over in the summer?
Deffo not copps thank you very much, I love him but NO

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on March 01, 2021, 10:27:14 am by Geoff Blakesley »
Will Butler be a player manager ?

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on March 01, 2021, 10:27:29 am by Spud »
With the players but don’t think they will be happy with him going. Bostocks Twitter post says it all really

I'm not on Twitter, what's he said?

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on March 01, 2021, 10:28:27 am by Bailey Vickerage »
I don’t think I’ve ever wanted Rotherscum to win a game but hope they win tomorrow

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on March 01, 2021, 10:28:45 am by Chris Black come back »
Him going to Wednesday did get floated last month I seem to remember, which is about the time our dreadful run of form started. Reading between the lines, it does appear he has been sat deliberating on this for a while and the club presumably knew this, before it officially came together during 48 hours this weekend.

In every crisis is an opportunity and I hope Butler is out there now at Cantley Park getting the back line to focus on defending 101.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on March 01, 2021, 10:29:53 am by Guernsey Exile »

Football...

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on March 01, 2021, 10:31:37 am by Bailey Vickerage »

https://twitter.com/johnjbostock/status/1366327392260804608?s=21

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on March 01, 2021, 10:33:27 am by Campsall rover »
The simple fact is we have to turn this negative into a positive.

Maybe Butts with help from Copps can rejuvenate the squad and get them to go out and play with vigour, panache and any other words anyone can come up with.

You never know this might work in our favour. Butts has plenty of respect in the dressing room and tis might invigorate the team at a time when it’s badly needed that we get back to picking up 3 points on a fairy consistent basis.

Onwards and upwards. We are getting used to this aren’t we. 

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on March 01, 2021, 10:34:13 am by rtid88 »

It's your comment that is laughable.

How many other clubs in our division are so reliant on loans and short terms contracts? How many have to have a full rebuild every single summer?

No idea I have got better things to do with my time than scour through other clubs squads but I would imagine a fair few have a significant proportion of players in their squad with loans and short term contracts other than perhaps Peterborough, Portsmouth, Hull and Sunderland who all have significantly bigger budgets than us.

To say we have to fully rebuild the squad again is clearly not true either but I agree their is a large proportion of the squad that potentially not be with is next year. But that could be a good thing as we won't be left with a squad full of players that won't be cut out for the Championship.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on March 01, 2021, 10:36:00 am by Jonathan »
Wow. Didn’t expect this, although dare I say there were signs beneath the surface. If you read between the lines of the tone of the VSC Twitter account and the tone of certain posters on here over the course of time then you can, in my opinion, draw conclusions around tensions that may be bubbling. Subtle digs / shifting of credit to Adam Henshall for success has been evident for a while.

Don’t want to get drawn into a slanging match but...

Darren Moore and Grant McCann. Two very different characters. Both jumped ship very quickly to a bigger club in turmoil.

If I was on the DRFC Board I’d at least want to have a look inwardly at the reasons why, and what we can learn. Have we just been unlucky? Maybe. Are we getting everything right? Some people will tell you yes, but probably not.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:38:35 am by Jonathan »

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on March 01, 2021, 10:37:03 am by redarmy82 »
Wow. Didn’t expect this, although dare I say there were signs beneath the surface. If you read between the lines of the tone of the VSC Twitter account and the tone of certain posters on here over the course of time then you can, in my opinion, draw conclusions around tensions that may be bubbling. Subtle digs / shifting of credit to Adam Henshall for success has been evident for a while.

Darren Moore and Grant McCann. Two very different characters. Both jumped ship very quickly to a bigger club in turmoil.

If I was on the DRFC Board I’d at least want to have a look inwardly at the reasons why, and what we can learn. Have we just been unlucky? Maybe. Are we getting everything right? Some people will tell you yes. But probably not.

Don't forget Ferguson walking before this - which we still never really found out why.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on March 01, 2021, 10:38:10 am by Prez »

I see Moore's first game in charge is at Hillsborough vs. Rotherham, on Wednesday evening. Imagine the early fan pressure he may feel from nothing but a win in this?!

Jeez I never thought I’d see the day where I’m wanting Rotherham to win

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on March 01, 2021, 10:38:28 am by vaya »
The more I think about this the more angrier I get, he purposely delayed contract talks to focus on the games, we all bought that and trusted him, a man with high morals we all thought, it’s obvious this has been festering in the back ground, the Free Press reporting that Wednesday asked permission to speak to him on Saturday morning, and through his agent he said he wanted to, he should have been suspended from duties at that point. I won’t have got home from Ipswich until late on Saturday and its all done and dusted Sunday, he’s been tapped up no doubt in my eyes. Also go back to Ipswich post match interview, it was different than all the others, he half criticised the players regarding the result, something he has never done before, he praised the performance but not the result, he knew he was off them, the bas**rd!

Having now read the official statement, it's pretty much as close to apoplectic rage we're going to get from the club as well.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on March 01, 2021, 10:39:12 am by Wiltshire Exile »
Why is this different than any of us moving jobs? We all tow the line and say the right things in our current role. Just because we as fans have an emotional attachment to the club don't for a second think that 99% of players/managers share it. When we can say we have never moved employment for a better package then we can condem those that do. Perspective ppl

I agree entirely, Ldr. What makes it stink, though, is when managers and players spout that they “have bought into the ethos of the club”, or “the chairman sold me the club’s philosophy” or “it’s a club that I’ve always admired.”   :turd:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on March 01, 2021, 10:42:27 am by Filo »
Why is this different than any of us moving jobs? We all tow the line and say the right things in our current role. Just because we as fans have an emotional attachment to the club don't for a second think that 99% of players/managers share it. When we can say we have never moved employment for a better package then we can condem those that do. Perspective ppl

I agree entirely, Ldr. What makes it stink, though, is when managers and players spout that they “have bought into the ethos of the club”, or “the chairman sold me the club’s philosophy” or “it’s a club that I’ve always admired.”   :turd:

And moved somewhere with a totally different philosophy, his lip service has done us all

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on March 01, 2021, 10:44:12 am by Drover »
Will Butler be a player manager ?

His choice,depends if he thinks he's good enough

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on March 01, 2021, 10:45:34 am by MachoMadness »

If I was on the DRFC Board I’d at least want to have a look inwardly at the reasons why, and what we can learn. Have we just been unlucky? Maybe. Are we getting everything right? Some people will tell you yes, but probably not.
I'm not sure it's that deep. I just think they're being offered hefty pay rises and they're judging it as worth the risk. Remember it's not just about the manager's character, but the agents as well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012