Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:25:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore - gone!  (Read 24519 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Darren Moore - gone!
« Reply #150 on March 01, 2021, 10:46:32 am by Campsall rover »
Let’s get behind Butts big time.

That’s what we all need to do. Darren Moore is now history.

Come everyone let’s be all upbeat as that’s what must happen in the dressing room at Cantley Park and the Keepmoat.

Positivity Positivity and more positivity.  A win tomorrow night and we are back on track. If we lose then let’s not get paranoid about it. Give Butts and the team some slack.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on March 01, 2021, 10:46:58 am by GazLaz »
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/march/butler-appointed-manager-until-the-end-of-the-season/

Andy Butler takes over.

Martin - anything else you can tell us at this time?

Well, let me say I'm glad he's gone. It's been a complete distraction.

We have been adequately compensated and AB was always the contingency plan, which shows we were prepared if something like this did happen.

Has this affected recent performances then do you think?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on March 01, 2021, 10:49:57 am by EasyforDennis »
Has it not crossed anyones mind that maybe the reason we are looking nothing like the team we were a month or so ago is that other teams managers have got us sussed? Teams are adopting tactics to combat how we play and our manager couldn't or wouldn't change his tactics. So maybe he isn't such a big loss?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on March 01, 2021, 10:50:28 am by Campsall rover »
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/march/butler-appointed-manager-until-the-end-of-the-season/

Andy Butler takes over.

We have been adequately compensated and AB was always the contingency plan, which shows we were prepared if something like this did happen.

Who knows. It’s possible.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on March 01, 2021, 10:51:33 am by Wiltshire Exile »
Why is this different than any of us moving jobs? We all tow the line and say the right things in our current role. Just because we as fans have an emotional attachment to the club don't for a second think that 99% of players/managers share it. When we can say we have never moved employment for a better package then we can condem those that do. Perspective ppl

I agree entirely, Ldr. What makes it stink, though, is when managers and players spout that they “have bought into the ethos of the club”, or “the chairman sold me the club’s philosophy” or “it’s a club that I’ve always admired.”   :turd:

And moved somewhere with a totally different philosophy, his lip service has done us all

True, Filo.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on March 01, 2021, 10:51:52 am by Chris the Rover »
I was angry and quite gutted when I read SM’s initial post. Now having thought about it for an hour, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not bothered he’s gone. His style of play was exasperating - a goal down on Saturday in the third of four minutes added time and we were still tippy tappying between goalkeeper and two centre backs. He had been rumbled and had no Plan B. One point from our last 5 matches says it all. I welcome AB’s appointment. He has a love for the club and I’m sure he will give 100 percent. Will he be a success - who knows, but he hopefully will get us out of this current slump. I’m already looking forward to the Pompey game, if only to see if Butts changes the style of play. Also, to see if Copps gets more game time!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on March 01, 2021, 10:52:01 am by Filo »
Has it not crossed anyones mind that maybe the reason we are looking nothing like the team we were a month or so ago is that other teams managers have got us sussed? Teams are adopting tactics to combat how we play and our manager couldn't or wouldn't change his tactics. So maybe he isn't such a big loss?

Isn’t that the reason why WBA got rid, his stubbornest to change when results were poor

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on March 01, 2021, 10:52:16 am by Campsall rover »
Why the speculation about a new manager.

Butts has the job to the end of the season.  Minimum.  End of.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on March 01, 2021, 10:53:47 am by tommy toes »
I'm really not bothered that he's gone.
We were beginning to look very vulnerable, a change of direction might not be a bad thing.
Andy Butler knows the club and the players very well and hopefully can get us playing to our strengths.
We've got some very good footballers here, so it ain't rocket science to get them going again, hopefully with a new impetus on getting the ball up the pitch more quickly.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on March 01, 2021, 10:54:59 am by Filo »

Because in my opinion, be it Butler or AN Other, the manager needs to be in place well before the transfer window and with targets identified and sounded out

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on March 01, 2021, 10:57:12 am by DonnyOsmond »

Because in my opinion, be it Butler or AN Other, the manager needs to be in place well before the transfer window and with targets identified and sounded out

@RichieWellens

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on March 01, 2021, 10:58:49 am by Ldr »

Come everyone let’s be all upbeat as that’s what must happen in the dressing room at Cantley Park and the Keepmoat.

Positivity Positivity and more positivity.  A win tomorrow night and we are back on track. If we lose then let’s not get paranoid about it. Give Butts and the team some slack.

I like big Butts and I cannot lie??

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on March 01, 2021, 10:59:12 am by LincsRover »
I’m shocked as I was naive enough to believe he was a nice down to earth bloke, had some loyalty to donny and bought into the family club Doncaster thing. Unfortunately he proved that everything I hate about modern day football is true, it’s all about the money!! F*ck*ng disgusted, firstly with myself for believing it was about anything other than cash, but secondly with him for being the snake mark 2!!

Hope Butts does the business and Wednesday go bankrupt! Massive club my arse!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 11:04:05 am by LincsRover »

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on March 01, 2021, 10:59:45 am by vaya »

Bravo sir, bravo.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on March 01, 2021, 11:00:19 am by wing commander »
 Like what has been said Moore kept banging on about long term projects,community work and the club Doncaster model as being so important to him. Yet when his agent shows him a few quid he's off like a robbers dog to a owner who shows no interest in any of that.. None of that meant a thing to him obviously..

That said he's gone and good riddance to him. The question i really want answering is the compensation money, 6 figures is great but will they actually pay it ? It was only a month or so ago that they couldn't , we will know that is there any safeguards we have put in to make sure we actually get it??

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on March 01, 2021, 11:00:47 am by Pliskin »
This season could go downhill from here but at the moment I'm less bothered about this than I thought I'd be.

Inflexible, dogmatic 'playing out from the back' style of football for no good reason at times.

The revolving door of inexperienced loan players, many of whom inevitably picked up injuries and f**ked off back to their parent club when exposed to the rigours of senior football.

Crazy team lineups and unnecessary rotation.

Seeming indifference to losing, reflected on the pitch at times with lack of urgency and inability to mix things up.

Abysmal set-pieces. No team who actually practice set-pieces on a semi-regular basis in training can be this bad.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on March 01, 2021, 11:03:39 am by i_ateallthepies »

:that:  exactly!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on March 01, 2021, 11:03:59 am by pib »
Butler's first priority should be to get us back to basics. Work on set plays, both attacking and defensive, which can be worth a dozen goals plus a season and appears to be an area that DM didn't work on too much, as our set piece play has been absolutely useless for ages. Hope AB can also get us working on some different patterns of play so that if a team presses us and tries to force us into mistakes at the back, we have another way of playing to get round it.

Hopefully as someone relatively new to coaching and management, he will be keen to stamp some new ideas on it and get us out of this rut we are in. As a centre back who has been effective from set plays at both ends as a player, I would expect that he will be looking at the set plays aspect and hoping we can improve.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on March 01, 2021, 11:04:34 am by mushRTID »
This season could go downhill from here but at the moment I'm less bothered about this than I thought I'd be.

Inflexible, dogmatic 'playing out from the back' style of football for no good reason at times.

The revolving door of inexperienced loan players, many of whom inevitably picked up injuries and f**ked off back to their parent club when exposed to the rigours of senior football.

Seeming indifference to losing, reflected on the pitch at times with lack of urgency and inability to mix things up.

Abysmal set-pieces. No team who actually practice set-pieces on a semi-regular basis in training can be this bad.

I completely agree with this, the news shocked me to my boots but I’m nowhere near as bothered as when McCann left.

I just didn’t take to him or his football

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on March 01, 2021, 11:07:19 am by DonnyOsmond »
People mention set pieces but wasn't that Paul Gerrard's job, who is potentially still here.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on March 01, 2021, 11:07:32 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I completely agree with this, the news shocked me to my boots but I’m nowhere near as bothered as when McCann left.

I just didn’t take to him or his football

I agree on this, I'm disappointed and shocked but not as annoyed as when McCann left footballing wise (I liked his style of play much more).

I do wonder if he would have left if the last 5 games had turned out better. Part of me thinks he's ran from a weak period very easily.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on March 01, 2021, 11:09:57 am by andy didcott »
Was gobsmacked hearing this earlier, unbelievable after all the board have done for him over the last few weeks, they do not sound happy at all, Darren Moore you are a dishonourable person and hope you get plenty of grief when our paths cross again. Good riddance and best of luck to Andy butler who I’m sure is somebody who can be trusted 100%.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on March 01, 2021, 11:17:11 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Post of the season!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on March 01, 2021, 11:23:34 am by silent majority »

Andy Butler takes over.

In my opinion, and I stress this is my opinion, the answer is most definitely.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on March 01, 2021, 11:24:57 am by Wiltshire Exile »
Owls’ fans seem to approve in general:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/298743-breaking-darren-moore-appointed-as-new-manager/

...though quite a few are in a state of shock! Well worth a read if you can spare the time.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 11:27:16 am by Wiltshire Exile »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on March 01, 2021, 11:27:20 am by Campsall rover »
I%u2019m shocked as I was naive enough to believe he was a nice down to earth bloke, had some loyalty to donny and bought into the family club Doncaster thing. Unfortunately he proved that everything I hate about modern day football is true, it%u2019s all about the money!! F*ck*ng disgusted, firstly with myself for believing it was about anything other than cash, but secondly with him for being the snake mark 2!!

Hope Butts does the business and Wednesday go bankrupt! Massive club my arse!!!!!
Last time they were massive was 1961 Runners up to Spurs.
It has been pretty much a downward spiral since then apart from a couple of decent years in the early 1990s when Atkinson was manager.
The Sheridan/David Hirst/Waddle team.

Big club. They think they are but what have they won in their history. Answer. Almost nothing.  ;)
Well not since the 1930s  they have not.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 11:43:25 am by Campsall rover »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on March 01, 2021, 11:28:35 am by sedwardsdrfc »
People mention set pieces but wasn't that Paul Gerrard's job, who is potentially still here.

yeah but the manager gave him that job. Not like Gerrard has to be the set play man and that can never change. We can see it's been a problem so you'd hope the paid pros would too and would try to sort it out even if it means taking over it yourself

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on March 01, 2021, 11:29:17 am by DonnyOsmond »
Hopefully we can end the season with more than one headed goal too!

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on March 01, 2021, 11:31:13 am by JonWallsend »
Reeling at this in that I never saw it coming, however nothing should surprise us and I have become indifferent to managers coming in and out of the club.
A few concerns that this is becoming a pattern, although that may just be coincidence, and some players eg Bostock, with whom I've been immensely impressed, highlighted Moore as a big pulling factor in signing for the club. I realise that this is fairly standard rhetoric when players do join.
Other than that we move on and look to make the right appointment.
I have championed Michael Appleton many times recently and was disappointed when he came a close second(I can't even recall which appointment that was)I can't imagine he'd leave Lincoln but as today highlights everything vi's possible.
As an aside we are slowly improving and I am really looking forward to the end of the season.
Finally, this is a good job. Only one manager in nearly 10 years sacked, following a relegation, 3 leaving to championship clubs and one managing a team above us. It is a stepping stone. I can live with that and know there will be plenty of people wanting the job.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #179 on March 01, 2021, 11:35:11 am by silent majority »
Wow. Didn’t expect this, although dare I say there were signs beneath the surface. If you read between the lines of the tone of the VSC Twitter account and the tone of certain posters on here over the course of time then you can, in my opinion, draw conclusions around tensions that may be bubbling. Subtle digs / shifting of credit to Adam Henshall for success has been evident for a while.

Don’t want to get drawn into a slanging match but...

Darren Moore and Grant McCann. Two very different characters. Both jumped ship very quickly to a bigger club in turmoil.

If I was on the DRFC Board I’d at least want to have a look inwardly at the reasons why, and what we can learn. Have we just been unlucky? Maybe. Are we getting everything right? Some people will tell you yes, but probably not.

I think you're reading far too much into this. The VSC twitter account is handled by a couple of people, not me I hasten to add, and there is no discussion about what they can tweet about. Absolutely none.

As for the credit that Adam Henshall has been getting from people like me then that's only because he deserves that. He's been the one doing all the hard work on the recruitment front and yet supporters kept praising DM, I was just telling it as it is. When chatting about recruitment with the club it was Adam's name that always cropped up, not Darren's.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012