Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:03:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore - gone!  (Read 24522 times)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Re: Darren Moore - gone!
« Reply #180 on March 01, 2021, 11:37:22 am by EasyforDennis »
Wow. Didn’t expect this, although dare I say there were signs beneath the surface. If you read between the lines of the tone of the VSC Twitter account and the tone of certain posters on here over the course of time then you can, in my opinion, draw conclusions around tensions that may be bubbling. Subtle digs / shifting of credit to Adam Henshall for success has been evident for a while.

Don’t want to get drawn into a slanging match but...

Darren Moore and Grant McCann. Two very different characters. Both jumped ship very quickly to a bigger club in turmoil.

If I was on the DRFC Board I’d at least want to have a look inwardly at the reasons why, and what we can learn. Have we just been unlucky? Maybe. Are we getting everything right? Some people will tell you yes, but probably not.

I think you're reading far too much into this. The VSC twitter account is handled by a couple of people, not me I hasten to add, and there is no discussion about what they can tweet about. Absolutely none.

As for the credit that Adam Henshall has been getting from people like me then that's only because he deserves that. He's been the one doing all the hard work on the recruitment front and yet supporters kept praising DM, I was just telling it as it is. When chatting about recruitment with the club it was Adam's name that always cropped up, not Darren's.

I understand if you don't want to answer SM but are you disappointed he has gone? In a playing sense that is.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on March 01, 2021, 11:40:20 am by silent majority »
Wow. Didn’t expect this, although dare I say there were signs beneath the surface. If you read between the lines of the tone of the VSC Twitter account and the tone of certain posters on here over the course of time then you can, in my opinion, draw conclusions around tensions that may be bubbling. Subtle digs / shifting of credit to Adam Henshall for success has been evident for a while.

Darren Moore and Grant McCann. Two very different characters. Both jumped ship very quickly to a bigger club in turmoil.

If I was on the DRFC Board I’d at least want to have a look inwardly at the reasons why, and what we can learn. Have we just been unlucky? Maybe. Are we getting everything right? Some people will tell you yes, but probably not.

I think you're reading far too much into this. The VSC twitter account is handled by a couple of people, not me I hasten to add, and there is no discussion about what they can tweet about. Absolutely none.

As for the credit that Adam Henshall has been getting from people like me then that's only because he deserves that. He's been the one doing all the hard work on the recruitment front and yet supporters kept praising DM, I was just telling it as it is. When chatting about recruitment with the club it was Adam's name that always cropped up, not Darren's.

I understand if you don't want to answer SM but are you disappointed he has gone? In a playing sense that is.

No I'm not. The trouble with laid back managers is that the players, or maybe I should say certain players, take advantage of that. GM and DM were chalk and cheese in  that respect.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on March 01, 2021, 11:43:02 am by EasyforDennis »

No I'm not. The trouble with laid back managers is that the players, or maybe I should say certain players, take advantage of that. GM and DM were chalk and cheese in  that respect.

Thanks

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on March 01, 2021, 11:43:33 am by since-1969 »
Looks like Butlers in till end of the season at least and if he does well he'll get the job. Seems like the right thing to do and a great chance for Butler!
We are L1 side and Darren Moore wants a bigger club who also want more !! Good luck to him it’s certainly bad timing .

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on March 01, 2021, 11:49:02 am by roversdude »
I’d be concerned if he took AH with him.
A couple of hours ago I was gutted at the news DM had left, now I’m seeing benefits, really hope AB makes a go of this

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on March 01, 2021, 11:51:50 am by EasyforDennis »
I’d be concerned if he took AH with him.
A couple of hours ago I was gutted at the news DM had left, now I’m seeing benefits, really hope AB makes a go of this

I would be more gutted if he DIDN'T take Gerrard with him  ;)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on March 01, 2021, 11:58:08 am by wing commander »

Thanks

I get your point about being too laid back..Do you think Butler has recognised that?? After all he is a player as well and close to the players.. In some ways this is different from last time he had a few games, this time its his chance to stamp his authority and way of doing things on to the team rather than just ticking over..

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on March 01, 2021, 12:01:24 pm by colfromdonny »
Surprised nobody has mentioned Paul Lambert leaving Ipswich

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on March 01, 2021, 12:04:00 pm by GazLaz »

I’d rather have Steve Wignall back.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on March 01, 2021, 12:04:49 pm by Prez »

It was mentioned on here yesterday

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on March 01, 2021, 12:09:52 pm by essexrover »
Nooooooo !!  We DO NOT want him  :(

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on March 01, 2021, 12:11:57 pm by pib »

Have to say I agree with this. What I thought was so impressive with McCann was that he almost seemed to drive us to a play-off place by sheer force of will. He seemed relentless in that pursuit.

Whilst having admirable qualities and morals in terms of playing football the right way and focusing on performances over results, I didn't get a sense from DM that our results and league position bothered him as much as it maybe should. He very rarely showed any sort of emotion or gave anything away on the touchline or in interviews. Not that there is anything fundamentally wrong with that if that's your vibe, but as a supporter I personally find it easier to warm to a manager when they want to balance entertaining football with a drive to carry the whole club forward with them in a sort of siege mentality. I'm not saying it's all about fist pumping, but more about belief in the whole club and striving to create a winning culture.

It almost seemed at times that this was DM's personal platform to develop players and tinker with his coaching ideas more than it was to unite the club, the fans and everyone involved and get the club going places. I'm sure that wasn't overtly the case, but it did feel a bit like it at times, especially with the loans policy.

I felt that McCann, for all his foibles as an individual, did a good job of creating that, and Butler would do well to add a bit of that ingredient into the mix as he takes over now. It's a mentality thing and I genuinely think it can be the difference between getting in the play-offs/going up and missing out.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 12:16:35 pm by pib »

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on March 01, 2021, 12:21:22 pm by Michael Shaw »
No doubt he could see our chances of the playoffs are rapidly slipping away based on current performance. Even at home to Portsmouth and Plymouth we are in for a rough ride and could go 7 without a win.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on March 01, 2021, 12:24:50 pm by dickos1 »
Strangely I feel more confident going into these games now he’s gone

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on March 01, 2021, 12:33:41 pm by bobbymax »
Still digesting this but the more I think about it the more bizarre it becomes. Nobody would go to Wednesday while that nutter Chansiri was in charge, not unless you needed a quick payday. Moore has done us no favours and has tarnished his reputation - for what?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on March 01, 2021, 12:36:05 pm by Draytonian III »
So do I dickos, hopefully it will give the players the jolt they need

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on March 01, 2021, 12:39:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
Would take a progress one single set piece of our own that doesn’t end up with us directly surrendering possession, and the absence of Fred Karno being in charge of our defensive play when facing a threat from wide positions.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on March 01, 2021, 12:39:46 pm by RugbyRover »

Have to say I agree with this. What I thought was so impressive with McCann was that he almost seemed to drive us to a play-off place by sheer force of will. He seemed relentless in that pursuit.

Whilst having admirable qualities and morals in terms of playing football the right way and focusing on performances over results, I didn't get a sense from DM that our results and league position bothered him as much as it maybe should. He very rarely showed any sort of emotion or gave anything away on the touchline or in interviews. Not that there is anything fundamentally wrong with that if that's your vibe, but as a supporter I personally find it easier to warm to a manager when they want to balance entertaining football with a drive to carry the whole club forward with them in a sort of siege mentality. I'm not saying it's all about fist pumping, but more about belief in the whole club and striving to create a winning culture.

It almost seemed at times that this was DM's personal platform to develop players and tinker with his coaching ideas more than it was to unite the club, the fans and everyone involved and get the club going places. I'm sure that wasn't overtly the case, but it did feel a bit like it at times, especially with the loans policy.

I felt that McCann, for all his foibles as an individual, did a good job of creating that, and Butler would do well to add a bit of that ingredient into the mix as he takes over now. It's a mentality thing and I genuinely think it can be the difference between getting in the play-offs/going up and missing out.

"It almost seemed at times that this was DM's personal platform to develop players and tinker with his coaching ideas more than it was to unite the club, the fans and everyone involved and get the club going places. I'm sure that wasn't overtly the case, but it did feel a bit like it at times, especially with the loans policy"

That's a valid point. I think DM needs to understand the difference between developing players and building a winning team. I thought it might be something he grew to understand as time went by. For sure he's going to have to hit the ground running at Wednesday.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on March 01, 2021, 12:40:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

What we hear about DM behind the scenes doesn't paint a great picture and from what I understand AB has immediately put some things in place this morning at the Players meeting to redress the 'laid back' approach.

Someone mentioned about getting basics back into place and AB will certainly try to instill that.

Hopefully, he's got the other senior pros to back him up in Anderson and Copps. Indeed Bostock, who might feel a little aggrieved, will hopefully rally round and focus on the task in hand.

I'm sure we all wish AB all the best but let's recognise that making the transition from one of the boys to the 'Gaffer' is never easy.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on March 01, 2021, 12:40:29 pm by Dare to dream! »
Thinking about it he was in a win win situation.

He’s got a great reputation in the game which has been enhanced by the job he has done with us. He can go to Wednesday, double his money and if it doesn’t workout the chairman/board level issues can excuse the failure. He can then pick up another champ/league one job.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on March 01, 2021, 12:40:42 pm by ravenrover »
Let's not forget what DM said when he got the job
I was out of work, they needed a manager
It's just the roller coaster of football, players and managers come and they go. It's purely and simply a job. You get offered something better you move on. There is no such thing as loyalty, even in the case of  our legend Copps - he jumped ship to Forest don't forget all be it on loan.
As long as DRFC exists and the board are happy to support it financially we shouldn't get too upset about things. The biggest worry to me is if or when TB decides he's had enough or GB decides to move on, that to me is far more worrying than managers or players moving on these people are the foundation of the club and are far more important than managers or players.
Lets see how Butler gets on, we can't play any worse than we have done recently, but don't judge him on the next couple of games he has to feel his way into this new position of responsibility. Some may say, probably many really judging by comments from some on this forum, that he has to hit the ground running or our season is over but in reality we are still in a strong position for a top six finish more so if we can put together a run of 4 or 5 wins over the next month.
Be patient give him a chance. JMHO

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on March 01, 2021, 12:42:50 pm by ravenrover »

What we hear about DM behind the scenes doesn't paint a great picture and from what I understand AB has immediately put some things in place this morning at the Players meeting to redress the 'laid back' approach.

Someone mentioned about getting basics back into place and AB will certainly try to instill that.

Hopefully, he's got the other senior pros to back him up in Anderson and Copps. Indeed Bostock, who might feel a little aggrieved, will hopefully rally round and focus on the task in hand.

I'm sure we all wish AB all the best but let's recognise that making the transition from one of the boys to the 'Gaffer' is never easy.
What have we heard about DM behind the scenes?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on March 01, 2021, 01:20:30 pm by PDX_Rover »
I'm really not bothered that he's gone.
We were beginning to look very vulnerable, a change of direction might not be a bad thing.
Andy Butler knows the club and the players very well and hopefully can get us playing to our strengths.
We've got some very good footballers here, so it ain't rocket science to get them going again, hopefully with a new impetus on getting the ball up the pitch more quickly.

This all day long. Surprising news but I’m not really bothered. We have a good squad and are in a decent position and on Andy Butler we have someone who is intelligent, reads the game very well, knows the club inside out and who commands respect. I have a sneaking suspicion this could be a huge blessing in disguise.

Best of luck to Darren Moore at Wednesday. He will certainly need it.

Onwards.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on March 01, 2021, 01:21:22 pm by idler »
Let's not forget what DM said when he got the job
I was out of work, they needed a manager
It's just the roller coaster of football, players and managers come and they go. It's purely and simply a job. You get offered something better you move on. There is no such thing as loyalty, even in the case of  our legend Copps - he jumped ship to Forest don't forget all be it on loan.
As long as DRFC exists and the board are happy to support it financially we shouldn't get too upset about things. The biggest worry to me is if or when TB decides he's had enough or GB decides to move on, that to me is far more worrying than managers or players moving on these people are the foundation of the club and are far more important than managers or players.
Lets see how Butler gets on, we can't play any worse than we have done recently, but don't judge him on the next couple of games he has to feel his way into this new position of responsibility. Some may say, probably many really judging by comments from some on this forum, that he has to hit the ground running or our season is over but in reality we are still in a strong position for a top six finish more so if we can put together a run of 4 or 5 wins over the next month.
Be patient give him a chance. JMHO

Regarding Copps, if you listen to the podcast the club wanted him off the books as a big earner. Willie McKay also wanted his own players in the shop window. The players that were there originally were all marginalised by the experiment. There were two sets of players in the dressing room and the ones that cared generally McKay's additions.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on March 01, 2021, 01:22:48 pm by Filo »
I'm really not bothered that he's gone.
We were beginning to look very vulnerable, a change of direction might not be a bad thing.
Andy Butler knows the club and the players very well and hopefully can get us playing to our strengths.
We've got some very good footballers here, so it ain't rocket science to get them going again, hopefully with a new impetus on getting the ball up the pitch more quickly.

This all day long. Surprising news but I’m not really bothered. We have a good squad and are in a decent position and on Andy Butler we have someone who is intelligent, reads the game very well, knows the club inside out and who commands respect. I have a sneaking suspicion this could be a huge blessing in disguise.

Best of luck to Darren Moore at Wednesday. He will certainly need it.

Onwards.

I wish him no luck, hope they get relegated and he’s sack

Honourable man?

Pfft don’t make me laugh, he’s took the piss out of everyone connected with the club

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on March 01, 2021, 01:25:19 pm by River Don »
Very disappointing news. Gutting.

It just goes to show, once again, there is virtually no loyalty in football.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 01:55:56 pm by River Don »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on March 01, 2021, 01:43:15 pm by drfchound »
I also feel more confident about our chances of getting back on track now that Moore has left us.
It is a massive shame that we can’t be in the ground tomorrow to show AB our support.
I think the atmosphere would have been great.
Hopefully the squad will back Butts and want to play for him.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on March 01, 2021, 01:50:28 pm by phil o sophical »
His first interview on radio dee dah should be interesting. No doubt it will have been a difficult decision to leave DRFC but he's joining a big club blah, blah , blah bullsh*t

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on March 01, 2021, 01:52:29 pm by Filo »
His first interview on radio dee dah should be interesting. No doubt it will have been a difficult decision to leave DRFC but he's joining a big club blah, blah , blah bullsh*t

I wonder if he’ll say yeah, no, he’s impressed with the ethos of Sheffield Wednesday and long may it continue

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on March 01, 2021, 01:56:33 pm by mushRTID »
Sorry if Iv missed it but how on earth has this happened so quickly and why was he allowed to manage the team on Saturday?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012