Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:45:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore - gone!  (Read 24533 times)

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
Re: Darren Moore - gone!
« Reply #270 on March 01, 2021, 05:07:38 pm by KeithMyath »
I'm not shocked DM has gone to Wednesday, Just shocked at how quickly he has thrown the towel in here with little regard for the club and more importantly the owners who have backed him. If anyone would have said that I would be more dismayed on DM's conduct at leaving DRFC than his predecessor I would have laughed in their face. Where is the integrity?. Maybe this is what you get when you take on former players as managers, no allegiance to a club is greater than £££ it seems, welcome to the new norm...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #271 on March 01, 2021, 05:25:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
To a point, it's the controversial owners making poor decisions that make the managerial merry go round even faster, throwing good money after bad.

From our perspective, I don't know what the answer is as whether it's a rolling contract or a fixed term, when another bigger club comes flashing the cash, the outcome is likely to be the same.

I certainly wouldn't be paying over the odds or what we can't afford to a manager until they've proven their worth. DM hasn't completed a season yet although the first one was out of his hands.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #272 on March 01, 2021, 05:26:30 pm by tyke1962 »
I couldn't believe it when a lad at work told me this morning that Moore had done one to S6 .

What an absolute kick in the ballax for everyone connected to your club .

Why he wanted to leave to go there is anybody's guess , you wouldn't mind so much if he'd landed a decent job at a good club but feck me it's a train crash over there .

How's about finishing the one you started at Rovers Darren ?

Huge mistake on his part and if there's any justice you'll be swapping places with them at the end of the season .

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #273 on March 01, 2021, 05:38:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yep, appears there's very little incentive to actually achieve something.

At least McCann got us to the play off semi final. Had we have done the job and gone up then we might not be having this discussion. Then again.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #274 on March 01, 2021, 05:39:07 pm by godlike1 »
I couldn't believe it when a lad at work told me this morning that Moore had done one to S6 .

What an absolute kick in the ballax for everyone connected to your club .

Why he wanted to leave to go there is anybody's guess , you wouldn't mind so much if he'd landed a decent job at a good club but feck me it's a train crash over there .

How's about finishing the one you started at Rovers Darren ?

Huge mistake on his part and if there's any justice you'll be swapping places with them at the end of the season .

Agreed tyke. Given the level of press exposure across the country to this everyone seems to be scratching their heads.

If we did not get up this season I think, as fans we would expect DM to go and be headhunted and wish him all the best. Just seems that he has said screw you all to everyone at the club including the players he got in during the jan transfer window.

His move will unrest those out of contract for sure esp if he keeps Wednesday up which he is more than capable of doing. His move will have a much bigger impact. Its people like him n McCann that are actually the ones making me fall out of love with football.

What has been going on behind the scenes at drfc though? SM has made it seem there has been unrest for a while

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #275 on March 01, 2021, 05:46:35 pm by Janso »
f**king cock.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #276 on March 01, 2021, 05:47:31 pm by turnbull for england »
I  can cope with him leaving on a football level, it was bound to happen eventually and a WBA fan at his appointment warned of lack of plan b  and odd decisions which appears to have been becoming true here so it might be a blessing . Im more pissed that I believed his shpeil about  club Doncaster  and the club ethos which is demonstrably b*llocks or  Wednesday wouldn't have got a look in . As others have said we know it's a short career and chances come and go , but if he didn't think there  was going to be anything better than them, maybe he's not the man we thought

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #277 on March 01, 2021, 05:50:04 pm by tyke1962 »
I've always had massive respect for Darren Moore and the job he did for us at centre back that kept us in the championship over  a decade ago .

I thought he was hard done by at WBA too when he got the sack with Albion still very much in the championship promotion race .

But I have to say he's gone down in my estimations today .

Shytehouse trick and gone to a shytehouse club .

Maybe they deserve one another .

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #278 on March 01, 2021, 05:57:15 pm by Juddy »
There was me assuming Darren was an intelligent bloke! P v O thread Rotherham to win

VikingRich

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on March 01, 2021, 06:02:48 pm by VikingRich »
"Intelligent" isn't a word I would use to describe him. A good footballing mind yes but intelligent - definitely not. Just listen to his interviews!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #280 on March 01, 2021, 06:14:18 pm by drfchound »
It's written in the stars isn't it?

Doncaster Rovers v Hull City in the Play-off Final at Wembley. Andy Butler vs Grant McCann.

Coppinger scores the winner to take us up on his last ever professional game. Butler gets one over McCann after being shafted by him at the end of the 2018/19 season.

Whilst Darren Moore gets sacked by Sheffield Wednesday as he's unable to avoid relegation.

:thumbsup:

In the words of the song.......Let it be, Let it be.......

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #281 on March 01, 2021, 06:16:57 pm by Janso »
"Intelligent" isn't a word I would use to describe him. A good footballing mind yes but intelligent - definitely not. Just listen to his interviews!

I always felt like he used bigger words to try and make himself sound dead intelligent in interviews but he often came across as though he was waffling.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #282 on March 01, 2021, 06:18:55 pm by JonWallsend »
When players and managers leave it seems to spark an initial knee-jerk reaction amongst a club’s fanbase, which is understandable but some of it a little harsh. DM hasn’t suddenly become a bad manager, or a bad person, overnight. I’ll still hold him in high regard for everything he’s done for us on and off the pitch. He was always likely to be courted by a bigger club at some point. Much like McCann, he’s jumped at the first opportunity to go to a club in turmoil. It’s disappointing. I’d like to know why to some degree, but I can also understand it.

From a purely footballing perspective I think I miss Grant McCann more than I’ll miss Darren Moore. For me, the football we played under McCann has been bettered only by the very best times under O’Driscoll and Penney (in my lifetime). DM had us playing some nice stuff and getting some good results (at times) but it never fully took off in my opinion. Sometimes I was a bit bored watching us. I never felt that under McCann.

On the moral principle, I don’t see how we can lambast McCann and Moore for the nature of their departures, but not acknowledge the fact that Butler will immediately leave the Belles managerless. This is simply how the food chain works, isn’t it?

Agree with all of the above. Absolutely spot on.

Had me thinking and looking back on our last 11 league games, which is won 5, lost 5 and drawn 1

In two of those wins we were absolutely battered and moments of individual brilliance at either end got us over the line. I realise this is a way to win a game and may well have been a tactical  master plan from Darren. If it was, fair play to him but in the long term I will take the SOD long term mentality of performance every time.

The other three wins were achieved with extremely drab victories against teams currently in 18th, 20th and 22nd

In 4 of the 5 defeats we were absolutely abject, ironically the best we played was on Saturday at Ipswich when we actually deserved more than we got.

The draw needed a 101min, 25 yard worldie, from a 40 year old legend .

The truth is, and I really liked DM, it hasn't been good for a while

VikingRich

• Forum Member
« Reply #283 on March 01, 2021, 06:34:45 pm by VikingRich »

I always felt like he used bigger words to try and make himself sound dead intelligent in interviews but he often came across as though he was waffling.

A bit like "wonderful"

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #284 on March 01, 2021, 06:46:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Do you mean in terms of the way he tried to be fluent in terms of the way he put his interviews across, in terms of the content of his comments or in terms of the way he tried to get across his philosophy in terms of the way the game should be played?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #285 on March 01, 2021, 06:49:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
One particular bug bear for me was the keeper situation. They are by and large a talented group and the latest guy has been great. But they are all young and often create as many problems as they solve. Lincoln away a case in point. For this position at least, can we have our own guy in goal in future?

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #286 on March 01, 2021, 06:51:31 pm by Frankie Rennie »
Shocked by this but not completely surprised by it. Darren’s done a super job with your club but it was probably obvious that a “bigger” club would come calling at some point and now one has. I don’t blame any manager for taking the opportunity to wake a sleeping giant and I believe Wednesday to be one of those and though it’s a sickener for fans it’s just what happens these days. Hopefully it won’t damage your promotion push and I can only wish you the best of luck.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #287 on March 01, 2021, 06:56:57 pm by Getridorit »
The more I think about it, the more bat shit crazy this seems.
Why on earth would he go there?

Especially when it looks like its only til the end of the season.

Whats going on at Rovers?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on March 01, 2021, 07:02:13 pm by NickDRFC »

Why does it have to be something wrong at Rovers? Wednesday are a massive club, in the doldrums but I’ve no doubt Moore is doubling/trebling his money with the promise of a big kitty if he keeps them up. I reckon most managers would struggle to believe that and see through Chansiri, but Moore doesn’t come across as the smartest tool so maybe he’s accepted it and been a bit shortsighted with it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #289 on March 01, 2021, 07:07:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Why does it have to be something wrong at Rovers? Wednesday are a massive club, in the doldrums but I’ve no doubt Moore is doubling/trebling his money with the promise of a big kitty if he keeps them up. I reckon most managers would struggle to believe that and see through Chansiri, but Moore doesn’t come across as the smartest tool so maybe he’s accepted it and been a bit shortsighted with it.

That's probably nearer the truth. I hope DM has requested a fair share of his wedge up front rather than a credit note.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on March 01, 2021, 07:08:26 pm by Getridorit »

Because of the pattern of how the last 3 managers have left, and also the comments made by dickov.

Add them together, and concerns arise.

We can attract the managers, but why don't they stay?

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #291 on March 01, 2021, 07:11:29 pm by Getridorit »
I even remember Ferguson commenting when he first joined that "somethings not right at the club"
 but he couldn't put his finger on it, and he didn't elaborate further.

Could this be a factor of why managers always jump ship at first opportunity?
Whatever it is.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on March 01, 2021, 07:13:34 pm by vaya »
I even remember Ferguson commenting when he first joined that "somethings not right at the club"

Whatever it is.

A Poltergoost?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #293 on March 01, 2021, 07:16:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Pib.
If you're saying that McCann was a big improvement on Ferguson, I've no argument with you. My point was that he inherited an excellent group of players and was supported to add significantly to that (Wilks, Kane, Sadlier, Downing and others) but by the end of the season we were performing like a mid-table side.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #294 on March 01, 2021, 07:18:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Whatever it is.

It's called "expectation management". You don't get many managers coming in saying "everything is perfect and if we don't succeed it'll be because I'm shite."

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #295 on March 01, 2021, 07:19:12 pm by NickDRFC »
Getridorit - McCann went to Hull & Moore has gone to Wednesday. Both clubs struggling at the wrong end of the table and owned by fruitcakes but they are (were) both Championship clubs, much bigger than Rovers and potential to go far with a bit of stability, not to mention a huge uplift in salary. If they had both left to go to a Swindon or a Northampton I’d be concerned but both moves have been up a division football-wise and probably two or three divisions financially.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #296 on March 01, 2021, 07:22:28 pm by Getridorit »
Getridorit - McCann went to Hull & Moore has gone to Wednesday. Both clubs struggling at the wrong end of the table and owned by fruitcakes but they are (were) both Championship clubs, much bigger than Rovers and potential to go far with a bit of stability, not to mention a huge uplift in salary. If they had both left to go to a Swindon or a Northampton I’d be concerned but both moves have been up a division football-wise and probably two or three divisions financially.
I see your point, but disagree.
It was how quickly and easily they jumped ship.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #297 on March 01, 2021, 07:24:28 pm by Getridorit »

Whatever it is.

It's called "expectation management". You don't get many managers coming in saying "everything is perfect and if we don't succeed it'll be because I'm shite."
It wasnt really a case of that, he said it almost in a passing comment at the end of a sentence, and his body language suggested he genuinely couldn't put his finger on it at the time.
He was genuinely puzzled by it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #298 on March 01, 2021, 07:25:11 pm by Campsall rover »
Shocked by this but not completely surprised by it. Darren’s done a super job with your club but it was probably obvious that a “bigger” club would come calling at some point and now one has. I don’t blame any manager for taking the opportunity to wake a sleeping giant and I believe Wednesday to be one of those and though it’s a sickener for fans it’s just what happens these days. Hopefully it won’t damage your promotion push and I can only wish you the best of luck.
Thing is though they aren’t sleeping they are dormant.  A car crash of a Club. An owner who is clueless and has no affiliation to the City or the club. Just another mercenary.

What is the attraction. DM has made a massive error of judgement. If he had stayespd at Rovers and got us promoted he would have had a host of Clubs in a far better position financially to choose from.

This decision could almost end his managerial career at a top 2 division club. Possibly top 3 divisions.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #299 on March 01, 2021, 07:28:53 pm by Campsall rover »

That's probably nearer the truth. I hope DM has requested a fair share of his wedge up front rather than a credit note.
They are so massive that they have won the League cup once as their only success since 1935.
Massive compared to Morecambe they are massive, well almost.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012