Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:05:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Manager at the end of the season?  (Read 1429 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Manager at the end of the season?
« on March 02, 2021, 08:43:29 am by Filo »
Given our lengthy recruitment process, I can’t see it being anyone else but Butler, the turnover of players will be massive and any new man needs to be on the ball recruiting new players, we don’t want or need another close season spent interviewing potential managers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
Re: Manager at the end of the season?
« Reply #1 on March 02, 2021, 09:14:39 am by auckleyflyer »
I for one hope it is, that will have ment we/he has done well with the rest of the season and would then of deserved the job.
100% behind him and so want to go up! Ahead of Hull and watch wednesday and Rotherham go down!

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 02, 2021, 09:20:12 am by EasyforDennis »
Given our lengthy recruitment process, I can’t see it being anyone else but Butler, the turnover of players will be massive and any new man needs to be on the ball recruiting new players, we don’t want or need another close season spent interviewing potential managers

Maybe we should have a plan B (or back up plan) just in case, then we wont have to wait until the start of the new season. I hope we won't need one though.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 02, 2021, 09:28:16 am by idler »
I’m sure that the board and Gavin will have discussed all options. I bet that there have been agents and managers straight on the phone offering services or registering an interest as soon as it became known that DM had gone.
The hard thing for AB will be not having an experienced assistant to share the load with. Unless they are out of work I can’t see anybody leaving a job to come until the end of the season.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 02, 2021, 09:43:42 am by River Don »
Butler deserves a run until the end of the season now. I hope he will grasp the opportunity with both hands. If Rovers can promote from within again, I'll be more than happy.

However, if it doesn't look promising then they can plan to recruit at the beginning of the break, giving a new bloke time to prepare for the new season.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 02, 2021, 09:49:08 am by DonnyOsmond »
It all depends on his tactical nous. The rest of the qualifications he has down.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 02, 2021, 10:09:29 am by keyser_soze »
I’m sure that the board and Gavin will have discussed all options. I bet that there have been agents and managers straight on the phone offering services or registering an interest as soon as it became known that DM had gone.
The hard thing for AB will be not having an experienced assistant to share the load with. Unless they are out of work I can’t see anybody leaving a job to come until the end of the season.

I assumed he would lean on Nick Buxton as he does with the Belles (and his brief stint earlier this season) - but i've read elsewhere he is only available part-time due to having another job.

I've seen mention of Coppinger elsewhere, I'm sure he will play his part as an experienced member of the side, but it should be limited at that for me. He's never shown any interest in coaching and I'm sure if he wanted it he would have been involved in coaching the younger teams for some time.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 02, 2021, 10:15:50 am by Bentley Bullet »
I don't think Copps has ever written off coaching after he retires from playing. What he has said is that while playing he's concentrated fully on the playing side, giving that his 100% attention, and when he stops playing, he might turn to coaching but he hasn't any immediate plans to do so.

Mind you, he said that a couple of years or so ago so he might have had a rethink since.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 10:32:08 am by Bentley Bullet »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 02, 2021, 10:30:11 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't think Copps has ever written off coaching after he retires from playing. What he has said is that while he's playing he's concentrated fully on the playing side, giving that his 100% attention, and when he stops playing, he might turn to coaching.

That is true BB but can you see him going down that path with Rovers?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 02, 2021, 10:34:53 am by Bentley Bullet »
DBR, no mate, probably not. I've amended my post because it was a couple of years ago or so when he said that, so he may well have had a rethink since.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 02, 2021, 10:36:44 am by BVB »
I assumed he would lean on Nick Buxton as he does with the Belles (and his brief stint earlier this season) - but i've read elsewhere he is only available part-time due to having another job.

Nick Buxton turns up to Belles games in a company van so would presume he wouldn’t be able to be AB’s full time assistant (unless of course he quits his job and DRFC appoint him, which has pros and cons for NB).
Also I would have thought that the Belles need some support and consistency as well having just lost their manager, and NB would be that just now, particularly if the Belles’ season resumes in April.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 02, 2021, 12:35:47 pm by bobjimwilly »
Wouldn't it be fan-bloody-tastic if we actually finished in the top 6, and went on to win the play-off final!
Even if we weren't at wembley, I think we'd all be on the pitch somewhere!
and what a first entry on to Butler's managerial CV it would be, as well as the send-off for Copps in his last game of football as a player!

:scarf:

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 02, 2021, 01:08:25 pm by foxbat »
that would be brilliant, especially if we beat Hull and Peterborough in the play offs

TinyPortal © 2005-2012