Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:59:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Baroness Jones  (Read 11482 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Baroness Jones
« on March 12, 2021, 07:27:20 am by roversdude »
What an arse - wants to impose a 6pm curfew on men to get rid of discrimination.......,,surely this is by discriminating against men

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Baroness Jones
« Reply #1 on March 12, 2021, 07:42:33 am by DonnyOsmond »
Even though she called for it I doubt she was ever expecting it to happen. It's probably her response to police saying women shouldn't be out late alone. Women or men should be able to be whether they like at whatever time and feel safe.

Odd though that nothing is mentioned on this forum when women are attacked and murdered But if men's rights are talked about then it's mentioned.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 12, 2021, 08:11:26 am by roversdude »
There are usually threads regarding women and kids being attacked but you are correct it is strange that Sarah Everard wasn’t mentioned. RIP Sarah

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 12, 2021, 08:37:34 am by Filo »
It’s possible for every forum member to start a topic if they think it would create discussion around the topic. I find it odd that someone complaining that the issue has not been mentioned failed to start a thread, perhaps if they did that then discussion would flow

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 12, 2021, 08:54:38 am by SydneyRover »
I'll tag this one on, I thought at the time that if Farrell had immediately supported her by saying she was correct to question their performance it would have put the online heros back in their respective boxes. He may have done since and I missed it but the questions I saw her ask were not particularly hard, wrong or over the top.

''BBC’s Sonja McLaughlan reveals online abuse over Owen Farrell interview''

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/feb/27/bbcs-sonja-mclaughlan-reveals-online-abuse-over-owen-farrell-interview

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 12, 2021, 09:17:44 am by DonnyOsmond »
It’s possible for every forum member to start a topic if they think it would create discussion around the topic. I find it odd that someone complaining that the issue has not been mentioned failed to start a thread, perhaps if they did that then discussion would flow

What? I was just pointing out B is mentioned without A being mentioned when B is a result of A.

RIP Sarah though.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 12, 2021, 09:41:30 am by redarmy82 »
I wonder what she thinks would happen to already high male suicide rates should her wish be granted.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 12, 2021, 11:16:39 am by MachoMadness »
Even though she called for it I doubt she was ever expecting it to happen. It's probably her response to police saying women shouldn't be out late alone. Women or men should be able to be whether they like at whatever time and feel safe.

Odd though that nothing is mentioned on this forum when women are attacked and murdered But if men's rights are talked about then it's mentioned.
Yeah, this. The point is, that by telling women they shouldn't go out alone at night because it's not safe, they're essentially under curfew already. If any blokes are upset by the thought of a curfew - that's the point!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 12, 2021, 01:17:02 pm by glosterred »
6pm curfew, makes Friday and Saturday nights on the lash with the lads a bit of a damp squib

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 12, 2021, 01:51:52 pm by belton rover »
Remember, he said women shouldn’t go out on their own at night, not they shouldn’t be allowed to go out on their own at night.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 12, 2021, 02:23:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sometimes you need an extreme comment to raise the profile of an issue and get people thinking about it. Folk would do well to think about the substantive issue (safety of women) rather than complain about a policy that is never going to happen.

I go out for a long walk every evening on my own, to wind down after work. My wife won't do that because she says she wouldn't feel safe. There are millions in the same situation.

THAT is the issue that we should be talking about.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 12, 2021, 04:16:44 pm by redarmy82 »
70% of murder victims are male.

Maybe we should all stay in after six. Just keep lockdown going forever.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 12, 2021, 04:28:34 pm by turnbull for england »
Must be 30 years since , running through station underpass toward stairs to Fremchgate, I got level with a woman who's I'd caught up  and was passing on stairs and she sort of half lashed out ,half cringed  with a look of absolute fear. I'd not given it a thought as was just lateand minding my own  but it's stuck with me ever since

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 12, 2021, 05:19:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

And what percentage of sexual assault and rape victims are male? What percentage of males get hassled and verbally abused on the street by women?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 12, 2021, 05:30:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Must be 30 years since , running through station underpass toward stairs to Fremchgate, I got level with a woman who's I'd caught up  and was passing on stairs and she sort of half lashed out ,half cringed  with a look of absolute fear. I'd not given it a thought as was just lateand minding my own  but it's stuck with me ever since

It's awful in situations like that. You feel like saying something to reassure them but don't for fear of it making them more frightened.

What a world we live in.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 12, 2021, 06:05:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Probably targeted circumstances with those. Like knife crime.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 12, 2021, 06:26:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

It's awful in situations like that. You feel like saying something to reassure them but don't for fear of it making them more frightened.

What a world we live in.

Yep. Couldn't agree more.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 12, 2021, 06:52:04 pm by scawsby steve »
I see the b*st*rd copper that did that evil deed to that poor lass was taken to hospital yesterday with a head wound.

Good on him whoever did it to him. The c*nt's got more of that coming when he gets inside on his life sentence.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 12, 2021, 07:01:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Apparently he was alone when he sustained the head injury. CCTV camera footage of it, which I assume is true as it's been referred to the IOPC.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 12, 2021, 07:13:45 pm by scawsby steve »
Apparently he was alone when he sustained the head injury. CCTV camera footage of it, which I assume is true as it's been referred to the IOPC.

If that's true, what's the betting on him taking the coward's way out like Epstein did? (Or did he?)

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 12, 2021, 07:19:19 pm by Getridorit »

Don't forget, if you include prison then the majority af rape victims are male too.

All she's doing is stoking the fire and creating a divide.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 13, 2021, 12:05:17 pm by roversontheup »
I think and hope most on this forum have an understanding of what the issue is. It’s not about trying to paint all men as monsters or trying to argue that men aren’t subject to violent crimes. But it is about men recognising the fear and danger that all women are exposed to just going about our daily lives. It’s trying to get men to have that appreciation and to be active in reducing that fear. That’s through just been aware of how your presence may cause fear or pulling up others whose action is just not acceptable no matter how funny they may think it is.
I am a 60+ year old woman. The number of times in my adult life where at some point I have felt apprehension or fear or discomfort because of men’s actions is scary. I must add mostly innocent actions but still enough to cause negative emotions. I have spoken to many male friends about this. They have all been totally unaware of how it must feel. Some of you have already given examples of different scenarios........the list is very long. 
Maybe it’s something I will raise with the club. Something more we can do to be at the forefront of community and supporter issues. Football clubs have a captive audience so maybe we can use that to really get the message across.
And maybe one day I can walk back to my car after a night match without forever looking over my shoulder, without having my car keys ready as a weapon, without carrying an alarm, without always walking down the middle of a road in fear of anyone jumping out from the shadows, without jumping in my car and immediately locking the door........and no I’m not actually a nervous or easily intimidated person......and yes, of course I could park in the car park or ask someone to walk with me......but why the hell should I!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 13, 2021, 07:58:51 pm by MachoMadness »
Police spending the evening assaulting women on Clapham common, who were holding a vigil for a woman murdered by a cop. Shameful.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 13, 2021, 09:13:13 pm by ravenrover »
I wonder if there would have been such media reporting and outpouring of grief and fear from women if the young woman had been from Donny or Gateshead or Burnley?
No woman should have to be fearfull of walking alone at any time.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 13, 2021, 09:34:29 pm by MachoMadness »
Police spending the evening assaulting women on Clapham common, who were holding a vigil for a woman murdered by a cop. Shameful.
problem is they are holding a vigil but many are not social distancing ect. So by them being there they are potentially putting innocent peoples lives at risk, we’re nearly at the end of lockdown surly the best thing would have been to wait a few more weeks
Everything I've seen shows the vigil was safe and relatively distanced until the pigs showed up. And naturally they waited until it was dark as well to move in, so they could better intimidate their targets. It's a vigil for crying out loud, mostly made up of women, there's no call for kettling and antagonising them.

Raven, theres an element of truth to that. But at least something is finally happening, ideally we wouldn't need to wait for anyone to lose their lives at all for these conversations to start happening, but here we are.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 13, 2021, 09:44:19 pm by wilts rover »

Don't forget, if you include prison then the majority af rape victims are male too.

All she's doing is stoking the fire and creating a divide.

What sex would these rapist perpetrators be btw?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 13, 2021, 09:48:17 pm by wilts rover »
Male police officers attack women attending a vigil for a women (allegedly) murdered by a male police officer.

And people on her blame the victims.

Welcome to Boris Johnson's facist Britain.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 14, 2021, 08:12:27 am by Filo »
Male police officers attack women attending a vigil for a women (allegedly) murdered by a male police officer.

And people on her blame the victims.

Welcome to Boris Johnson's facist Britain.

We only have to go back to 1984 to know that the Met like to steam in on unarmed demonstrators

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 14, 2021, 09:14:34 am by roversdude »
Wouldn’t expect anything different from the Met I’m afraid still doesn’t make it right though
Slightly different policing on view to that seen when BLM were just allowed to do what they want, from what I saw of last night it was peaceful and generally socially distanced/masks worn

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 14, 2021, 12:40:09 pm by ravenrover »
Was this really a vigil, in the sense of a quiet reflection on the memory of a murdered young woman or an opportunity for a gathering to protest about the treatment of women?
Weren't the Met enforcing what the Government have decided to be illegal ie mass gatherings?
If these people were not prepared to disperse peacefully how else were the police supposed to deal with it?
Should they have allowed a precedent to be set which would be to allow other forms of mass gatherings?
Were they not doing the job that Priti Useless and the rest of her cronies have instructed them to do and now she wants a report on the incident. The next thing will be her condemning the actions taken
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 12:58:04 pm by ravenrover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012