Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:50:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Remember 2010?  (Read 2180 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Re: Remember 2010?
« Reply #30 on March 21, 2021, 07:37:26 am by belton rover »
I’ve already answered you Billy. Quite unambiguously.

Myself, I try to avoid using retweets of tweets to unambiguously to try to prove that the person who retweeted has the same take as me. Especially when the topic in hand has nothing to do with it whatsoever and it appeared to be used after I’d been using the crisis for yet more political point scoring.
It would just look like I was becoming obsessed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 21, 2021, 10:54:42 am by BillyStubbsTears »
That's a cracking word salad Belton. Haven't got the foggiest what it means. If you just meant "yes I accept that your opinion is shared by the ex-CSA and I disagree with you both because...reasons" you could have said so a lot more clearly.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 21, 2021, 10:59:22 am by belton rover »
Billy. My mum agrees with me. Are you going to start stalking her too?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 21, 2021, 11:36:32 am by SydneyRover »
belton, your mum's being kind, she'll probably tell you one day

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 21, 2021, 11:45:54 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Isn't the bigger problem that government spending is still ineffective and uncontrolled and has also been during the pandemic?

Borrowing is fine to a limit but there is a limit and it's clear the government has ineffectivly spent large sums of money. Where has that money gone?

On a personal finance point of view, I've thought about moving house but the market is vastly overpriced.  Savings are pointless right now, but investments keep ticking on ok.  The government will want me to spend my money but I'm not sure the incentive exists.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 11:48:17 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 21, 2021, 11:53:41 am by SydneyRover »
Johnson does appear to be dipping into the magic pudding quite a bit and it's difficult to know whether this is to please or there is genuine need that cannot be solved otherwise. That doesn't get away from the fact that spending big in the right areas to fire up the economy is still needed and money is extrememly cheap therefore if done correctly the economic growth will allow the debt to be paid over time.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 21, 2021, 12:01:29 pm by belton rover »
belton, your mum's being kind, she'll probably tell you one day

LOL.
She did give me one sound piece of advice: never take anyone seriously if they can’t be bothered to learn how to write.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 21, 2021, 12:04:28 pm by SydneyRover »
What goes around comes around belton

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 21, 2021, 12:09:02 pm by belton rover »
What’s coming around Belton?
A plane?
A giant dome?
A wall?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 21, 2021, 02:27:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP.

The vast majority of the borrowing and spending has simply been used to stop the economy totally tanking. Which is exactly the same as what happened in 2010. To that extent it is simply standard economics and borrowing is not important for now. Just as it wasn't in 2010. And in fact, there is no limit to the amount a Govt can borrow. Which brings the discussion round full circle, and emphasises how untruthful Cameron's credit card analogy was.

There is the separate issue of amounts spent on medical supply contracts. In a rapidly emerging crisis, it is inevitay that some of the emergency spending will be done inefficiently and you need to cut the Govt some slack for that. But that said, there have been eyewatering amounts given to Tory party donors, on uncontested contracts, with the Govt illegally delaying the publication of the contracts so it was impossible to monitor them. And the Govt then tried to bully plaintiffs off the case by running up astronomical legal costs when they were taken to court over this. That does at the very least suggest a prima facie case of dodgy dealing to be investigated.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 21, 2021, 03:49:24 pm by tyke1962 »
The problem is Billy the Labour Party aren't particularly effective in changing hearts and minds by making mud stick on the Tories these days , in fact for over a decade .

I'm no fan of Blair by any means but both himself , Campbell and the rest of the team were very successful in exposing the Tories for what they were and making it stick , the party of sleaze for instance , the stock market crash etc .

The Labour Party in the mid 90's still faced a press dominated by Tory support .

It's a well and good wanting fair play but the party hardly helps itself by it's inability to communicate effectively with the public .

It gives me absolutely no pleasure seeing the party in its present state and unable to land an effective punch on this particularly unsavoury and crooked government .

I'm afraid the Ghandi approach is for the fairies and like him or loath him Alistair Campbell played dirty to get the Labour Party favourable media coverage .

I'm losing faith by the day with the Wooden Top leading the party .

If he loses Hartlepool he needs to go whilst there's time before the next GE .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 21, 2021, 04:08:23 pm by drfchound »
The problem is Billy the Labour Party aren't particularly effective in changing hearts and minds by making mud stick on the Tories these days , in fact for over a decade .

I'm no fan of Blair by any means but both himself , Campbell and the rest of the team were very successful in exposing the Tories for what they were and making it stick , the party of sleaze for instance , the stock market crash etc .

The Labour Party in the mid 90's still faced a press dominated by Tory support .

It's a well and good wanting fair play but the party hardly helps itself by it's inability to communicate effectively with the public .

It gives me absolutely no pleasure seeing the party in its present state and unable to land an effective punch on this particularly unsavoury and crooked government .

I'm afraid the Ghandi approach is for the fairies and like him or loath him Alistair Campbell played dirty to get the Labour Party favourable media coverage .

I'm losing faith by the day with the Wooden Top leading the party .

If he loses Hartlepool he needs to go whilst there's time before the next GE .

It only seems like yesterday that Labour supporters were telling people that the new leader was gods gift and that his QC  background would tie the government in knots.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012