Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:07:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gillingham V TLOD  (Read 9505 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Gillingham V TLOD
« Reply #180 on March 20, 2021, 05:48:23 pm by RoversAlias »
The first two pages of this thread are funny in hindsight! Football, ey.

Not really RA, just a fair reflection of how people were feeling at the time.
Once we got back into the game the mood changed and most people got behind the team.
There won’t be many football fans who haven’t gone off on one then done a u turn later on.

I wasn't criticising, Hound. Was saying many of the same things to my TV screen at the time! It's just amusing to read after the game as we were much better for the last 80 minutes, and when we go behind like that all sorts of reasons start being thrown about from the reasonable to the ridiculous.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on March 20, 2021, 05:50:27 pm by Lesonthewest »
The second half was awful, from 2 very average sides.

Two sides up around the playoffs,
That’s a good result for us, we don’t win often down there.
If we keep our players fit then I think we’ll maintain our playoff position

Agreed it's a decent

If we keep our players fit then I think we’ll

If we keep our players fit then I think we’ll maintain our playoff position

I agree it's a decent point away from home, but that second half was average at best from both sides, be they in or around the playoffs or not. I noticed today we virtually abandoned the passing out from the back, don't know if that's because we don't have the personnel for it or Butler is changing the style.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on March 20, 2021, 06:01:26 pm by adamtherover »
Agreed on putting Ellery back in goal on Tuesday. Jones just doesn’t command his area at all. In all honesty I just want us to go out and buy a number 1 in the summer and have done with this loaning 3/4 keepers throughout the season.
unfortunately, Jones has had a go, but every time the ball came in, we just watched him glued to his line. Would Balcombe have punched the 2nd goal clear? Who knows, but at least he would have had half a chance..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on March 20, 2021, 06:19:29 pm by drfchound »

Once we got back into the game the mood changed and most people got behind the team.
There won’t be many football fans who haven’t gone off on one then done a u turn later on.

I wasn't criticising, Hound. Was saying many of the same things to my TV screen at the time! It's just amusing to read after the game as we were much better for the last 80 minutes, and when we go behind like that all sorts of reasons start being thrown about from the reasonable to the ridiculous.

Yeah, I know you weren’t criticising RA and I wasn’t doing that to you.
I was just making an observation on why people do what they do.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on March 20, 2021, 07:26:28 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Would’ve defo took a point before the game and results elsewhere have helped aswell. Joe Wright was immense today hopefully kicks on now towards end of season. Was baffled as to why Copps came off so early with us now having a midweek game as when he went off we lost all our attacking threat.

His replacement, Richards needs to up his game and play with more urgency, goes missing for long periods
agree with u there, been poor for a while now and doesn’t look interested at all. Doesn’t run and my defences as much as he did and doesnt look bothered when we don’t have the ball. Thought today might’ve been his kind of game witch the amount of space we had in midfield.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on March 20, 2021, 11:15:10 pm by Pancho Regan »
Plenty of time to rescue this, we just need some time on the ball and get one back before half time.

While you were all going through a meltdown and crying ‘Game over!’ ......

Just saying.....

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on March 21, 2021, 12:04:51 am by idler »
Just seen the highlights. Their second goal came from a throw in that would have instantly been flagged years ago.
It was nowhere near legal.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on March 21, 2021, 07:52:39 am by andysly »
Dead right Idler, unbelievable that throw was allowed to go unchecked, school kid throw.
Another one near the end. When the ref did send a player back a few yards, the long throw merchant came over to take it and went even further forward than the first one.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on March 21, 2021, 02:31:53 pm by RoversAlias »

Yeah, I know you weren’t criticising RA and I wasn’t doing that to you.
I was just making an observation on why people do what they do.

No worries mate  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012