Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:29:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Covid 19 Vaccination  (Read 716 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Covid 19 Vaccination
« on March 23, 2021, 02:33:03 pm by roverstillidie91 »
For anyone who is wanting the covid 19 jab I don't know if this applies to all GPs but I enquired at mine after seeing something online.

Any spare bookings not taken can be reserved even if you are not currently in the category of offering at the moment. Is it 50 to 55 or something?

At mine you could book it for the next few days if they have plenty of appointments or some are having like a reserve list to contact you if there is any left. Or you can ring at the end of the day am led to believe.

This is regardless of age and I am under 30 so there is a possibility of getting one even if you're not on the priority list at the moment.

Definitely worth trying if you want it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: Covid 19 Vaccination
« Reply #1 on March 23, 2021, 06:54:27 pm by River Don »
I wonder how you go on for the booster, if you manage to wangle one of these jabs going spare and your age group isn't due for a while?

They've just confirmed the vaccine should give at least six months protection. Given that and the rate at which this thing appears to mutate, it looks we're all going to have to get used regular vaccinations for the foreseeable future.

I hate needles. The good news on that though is they are trying to produce a nasal spray.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 23, 2021, 08:19:55 pm by scawsby steve »
I wonder how you go on for the booster, if you manage to wangle one of these jabs going spare and your age group isn't due for a while?

They've just confirmed the vaccine should give at least six months protection. Given that and the rate at which this thing appears to mutate, it looks we're all going to have to get used regular vaccinations for the foreseeable future.

I hate needles. The good news on that though is they are trying to produce a nasal spray.

I've done some research on this, RD, and there are some big pharmaceutical companies that are now developing oral and nasal vaccines, and are awaiting funding so that clinical trials can start.

They're hoping to have oral vaccines for Covid, Flu, and even Norovirus, the Winter vomiting bug. These would be in the form of a capsule, and could be a game changer in the vaccination process, cutting out the huge expense and logistics of immunisation by injection.

All this could be in the next couple of years.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 08:22:15 pm by scawsby steve »

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 24, 2021, 08:37:28 am by rich1471 »
Got mine booked today at the keepmout only got the text yesterday to book as well

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 24, 2021, 10:13:16 am by idler »
My mother-in-law and husband, both mid to late 80s had their 1st Pffizer jabs on the 10th January and have their 2nd today.
I had my 1st Astra Zeneca on the 2nd of February and have just had a call from the doctors to book me in for my 2nd on Monday 29th March. I'm 72.
We have a very poor turn out as regards the BAME community here in Bradford though so that maybe speeds it up for the rest of the folk that do want one.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 24, 2021, 10:19:37 am by River Don »
Rumours that the vaccine isn't halal or that you can't accept vaccine during Ramadan apparently.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2021, 08:12:05 am by roverstillidie91 »

If they aren't been taken up though why should people down the age bracket have to wait because people who are older haven't booked them yet?

Also as you go down the ages more people will reject it anyway and in that case for those who take it up I don't believe we should have any more lockdowns because the population will have had the opportunity to be vaccinated so isn't fair on those who have been.

Even on the same day I enquired there was still appointments for vaccinations that hadn't been taken up so I can't say I feel guilty because they haven't booked theirs yet.

I did see a nasal spray that was advertised I can't recall where that provided some protection when you are out and about which is out already I believe.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012