Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:17:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Downing street party  (Read 15569 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Downing street party
« Reply #390 on January 20, 2022, 12:35:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Apologies. The second quote wasn't from you after checking closer. I stand corrected.

Thank you.

And the first point?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #391 on January 20, 2022, 02:30:03 pm by ravenrover »
Jesus, Mary & Joseph & the wee donkey let’s hope that doesn’t happen on Bozo’s ‘watch’.
Now they told me one of these two buttons gets my PA but I can't remember which one

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #392 on January 20, 2022, 03:30:26 pm by belton rover »
Apologies. The second quote wasn't from you after checking closer. I stand corrected.

Thank you.

And the first point?

I too would like to apologise for liking a post where the poster has accepted an error was made.

I’ll stop short of making a personal dig, though.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #393 on January 20, 2022, 03:50:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Thank you.

And the first point?
My first point was, as ever, that you only rely on stats that suit, including polls.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #394 on January 20, 2022, 04:11:08 pm by wilts rover »
Because the Labour party only has thoroughly decent human beings who wouldn't dream of breaking such rules as eating takeaway and drinking alcohol in an environment that was against Covid restriction rules. They wouldn't even dream of drinking alcohol during work time anyway, even outside, and certainly not inside.

The fact that they are probably planning their own downfall by demanding BoJo go is unimportant to such a pure and thoroughly faultless and impeccable bunch of people.

In which envirnoment is/was eating a takeaway and drinking alcohol against covid rules?
The picture was taken when indoor mixing between different households was not allowed except for work. Now, if you class eating takeaway and drinking beer as 'work', then I suggest, for the sake of unbiasedness, your liberal attitude towards that should extend to all parties.

Were people from different households unable to work from home due to the nature of their work not allowed to eat & drink then?

If this extends to all (political) parties, then where on the Downing Street thread have you condemned Johnson for eating and drinking? And corrected his assertion that the photograph of him and his misses with glasses of wine in the garden was allowed because it was a work event?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #395 on January 20, 2022, 04:12:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Thank you.

And the first point?
My first point was, as ever, that you only rely on stats that suit, including polls.

You are doing that thing again of assuming, because you are incapable of dealing with facts dispassionately and objectively, that everyone else is the same.

I challenge you to find a single example of where I have ever referred to a single poll that is well out of the general trend to make a point.

When you can't find that example, you can either withdraw your accusation, or you can choose to let it stand as an example of your deceit.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #396 on January 20, 2022, 04:58:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Because the Labour party only has thoroughly decent human beings who wouldn't dream of breaking such rules as eating takeaway and drinking alcohol in an environment that was against Covid restriction rules. They wouldn't even dream of drinking alcohol during work time anyway, even outside, and certainly not inside.

The fact that they are probably planning their own downfall by demanding BoJo go is unimportant to such a pure and thoroughly faultless and impeccable bunch of people.

In which envirnoment is/was eating a takeaway and drinking alcohol against covid rules?
The picture was taken when indoor mixing between different households was not allowed except for work. Now, if you class eating takeaway and drinking beer as 'work', then I suggest, for the sake of unbiasedness, your liberal attitude towards that should extend to all parties.

Were people from different households unable to work from home due to the nature of their work not allowed to eat & drink then?

If this extends to all (political) parties, then where on the Downing Street thread have you condemned Johnson for eating and drinking? And corrected his assertion that the photograph of him and his misses with glasses of wine in the garden was allowed because it was a work event?
They were probably not allowed to drink alcohol, but even if they were, I doubt they'd have the front to accuse rival companies that did the same of breaking the rules.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #397 on January 20, 2022, 05:03:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Thank you.

And the first point?

You are doing that thing again of assuming, because you are incapable of dealing with facts dispassionately and objectively, that everyone else is the same.

I challenge you to find a single example of where I have ever referred to a single poll that is well out of the general trend to make a point.

When you can't find that example, you can either withdraw your accusation, or you can choose to let it stand as an example of your deceit.
Have you ever produced any evidence in the form of stats or polls that have actually gone against your agenda?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #398 on January 20, 2022, 05:39:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ah, the classic BB approach.

Make an accusation that you can't substantiate.

Get pulled up on it.

Change the terms of the argument.

Rinse and repeat.

You'd make a good Tory politician BB. Watching you squirm as you ignore facts and insist you're right anyway reminds me of Zahawi last week defending Johnson. You've missed your vocation.

I have never once chosen to present any data of any form in here that I knew to be false or unrepresentative, with the intention of deceiving. I don't pick and choose what form of data to present to suit an agenda. Regarding polls, I've discussed plenty of examples where Labour have been doing well and where they have been doing badly. Never once have I chosen to push misleading examples to make a point.

I assume you think it is natural that people deliberately deceive and lie. I assume you do it regularly. Why else would you continue to accuse me of doing that when you cannot put your finger on a single example of it?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #399 on January 20, 2022, 05:48:55 pm by belton rover »

Get pulled up on it.

Rinse and repeat.

You'd make a good Tory politician BB. Watching you squirm as you ignore facts and insist you're right anyway reminds me of Zahawi last week defending Johnson. You've missed your vocation.

I have never once chosen to present any data of any form in here that I knew to be false or unrepresentative, with the intention of deceiving. I don't pick and choose what form of data to present to suit an agenda. Regarding polls, I've discussed plenty of examples where Labour have been doing well and where they have been doing badly. Never once have I chosen to push misleading examples to make a point.

I assume you think it is natural that people deliberately deceive and lie. I assume you do it regularly. Why else would you continue to accuse me of doing that when you cannot put your finger on a single example of it?

That’s the longest ‘no’ I’ve ever read!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #400 on January 20, 2022, 07:13:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Get pulled up on it.

Rinse and repeat.

That’s the longest ‘no’ I’ve ever read!
Lets start from the beginning. Where have I changed the terms of the argument?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #401 on January 20, 2022, 09:32:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.
If you really can't see, I suggest you spend a little less time writing and a bit more reading and thinking.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #402 on January 20, 2022, 09:55:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's all I expected from you.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #403 on January 20, 2022, 09:57:15 pm by SydneyRover »
Johnson is threatening all tory MPs saying if they don't support him he is not going to build 40 new hospitals, not going to level up Britain not going to .........

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #404 on January 20, 2022, 10:16:52 pm by wilts rover »
Sydney - if people are not going to criticise Johnson for being at a party that he didn't realise was a party and then allowing further parties to go on during a period of national mourning - they certainly wont care that he runs his own party like a Mafia boss. It's most likely what they want him to do.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #405 on January 20, 2022, 10:21:33 pm by SydneyRover »
Point taken

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #406 on January 21, 2022, 10:35:49 am by Metalmicky »
As an aside, the reason why one female MP, joined the Pork Pie Plot...

Dehenna Davison was told Wednesday to 'get a grip' by Carrie Johnson's best friend after being named as one of the suspected ringleaders of the so-called 'Pork Pie' plot to oust the embattled prime minister.

The MP for Bishop Auckland was branded audacious by Nimco Ali over what is likely seen as a stab in the back to Mrs Johnson, who heavily campaigned to help her achieve her historic win at the 2019 general election.

'Honestly can't believe the audacity of @DehennaDavison,' tweeted Ms Ali, 'Girl get a grip'.

The former reality TV star, 28, - who appeared on Bride and Prejudice with her 63-year-old husband - was considered a friend by the PM's wife, but is said to be miffed with Boris Johnson after two female Red Wall MPs were promoted ahead of her.

Downing Street is said to be particularly annoyed by Ms Davison's decision to join the mutinous scheme, which came despite her close friendship with Mrs Johnson.

The poster girl of the 2019 intake, Ms Davison ousted Labour Remainer Helen Goodman and won with a majority of 7,962 - the first time the Bishop Auckland seat voted Conservative since it was created in 1885.

A large part of the victory was down to the high profile support of Mrs Johnson, who afterwards tweeted her congratulations, saying she was thrilled to hear her friend had become the first Conservative MP for Bishop Auckland. 'She will be fantastic,' she wrote.

Ms Davison praised her friendship with Mrs Johnson, telling of how she was 'incredible and offered loads of support and advice' when she became one of the youngest MPs in the Commons after being elected aged just 26.

While Ms Davison has not spoken publicly about the plot, she is reported to be one of around 20 MPs who met in the office of Alicia Kearns, Tory MP for Melton Mowbray - home of the pork pie - to hatch a plan to remove the embattled PM, as they believe he is hurting their chances of re-election.

Here she is with partner...

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #407 on January 21, 2022, 10:41:55 am by Metalmicky »
She has (of course) had a makeover since then...

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #408 on January 21, 2022, 11:01:33 am by normal rules »
She is tidy. With a 63 yr old husband.Jesus. He has done well for himself.
Either that, or his has deep and full pockets.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012