Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:36:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: First Response  (Read 994 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
First Response
« on March 25, 2021, 09:09:46 pm by RobTheRover »
Mind out if you've had a car accident at any point in the past year or so. A scam company called First Response is making calls.

Their patter goes along the lines that there is a pot of money for people injured in accidents and if its not claimed it goes to the insurance companies to share out.

My car got bumped whilst parked up in Bentley last year. I wasn't in it and the guy who did it held his hands up immediately. Minor rear quarter damage.

The other morning my phone rang, a Manchester based number. This guy from First Response knew all the details, the name of the guy that hit my car, details of my car (my old company car), the fact it had been settled and that I'd not claimed for personal injury. He said to me all I had to say to him was I had some aches and pains for a few days and I was guaranteed at least £2k.  I refused and pointed out I wasn't even in the car. The bloke put the phone down on me at that point.

2 hours later my phone goes again, A Leeds number this time. Another bloke from First Response. Told him I'd already spoken to someone, but I still got the same patter. Pot of gold, £2k, goes back to the insurers if I don't have it. Total b*llocks, and I told him so. To be fair he took it, apologised for bothering me and said he'd take my details off his database (let's see if he does).

Just mind out if you get a call.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

foxbat

• VSC Member
Re: First Response
« Reply #1 on April 01, 2021, 09:17:33 pm by foxbat »
thanks,  there's so much of this sh1te out there.
These days,  unless I know the number, I just let them go to the answer machine,  and then consider ringing back.
U know they are just trying to do a job,  but it saddens me that we can't create enough proper jobs for people.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 01, 2021, 09:53:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »
My landline phone has BT Trucall built into the phone unit Basically it stops all unknown numbers and asks them to "announce" themselves its then put through and I have the choice to accept, sod it off or let it go to answerphone or block the number    Scammers can't be bothered  Friends, family, Doctors etc  numbers are all programmed in and allowed straight through as normal. My mobile comes up with "suspected spam" if its a known number but if I don't know it i just ignore it if they want me they'll leave a message.

But thanks for the heads up as I was rear ended before christmas although claims have gone through and the other party admitted liability, so I'll wait with bated breath and might have a bit of fun :)   

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 01, 2021, 10:24:49 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I’d strongly recommend changing your insurance company. Have a think about where these chancers managed to buy details of your accident from.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 02, 2021, 12:03:11 am by normal rules »
My advice is this. If you get any call offering you something you have the slightest suspicion about. Hang up and google the number used. 9 times out of ten, it will already be out there as a known scam. Report to action for fraud online.

There is tons and tons of scams out there. Some new, some not so. DWP, HMRC, DVLA, car insurance, life insurance, accident claims. People calling you claiming to be a cop saying your bank account has been accessed and compromised. The list goes on. If it looks like it and smells like it................

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 02, 2021, 07:23:49 am by Filo »
If you get someone calling you asking details of an accident you were in tell them you’re dead, died instantly in an accident, throws them from their script and they are f**ked then

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 02, 2021, 02:42:00 pm by rich1471 »
My advice is this. If you get any call offering you something you have the slightest suspicion about. Hang up and google the number used. 9 times out of ten, it will already be out there as a known scam. Report to action for fraud online.

There is tons and tons of scams out there. Some new, some not so. DWP, HMRC, DVLA, car insurance, life insurance, accident claims. People calling you claiming to be a cop saying your bank account has been accessed and compromised. The list goes on. If it looks like it and smells like it................
The problem is now a lot of these scam calls are cloning the number of the company they are supposed to be calling from.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 04, 2021, 10:15:00 am by Draytonian III »
On a slightly different subject, yesterday afternoon I had “George “ ring me up claiming to be from BT and as usual I gave him the stock answer, “ guess who I work for ? Yeah I work for BT as well “ I don’t, but he cut the call off straight away.
  Whenever I get these calls I just tell them I’m in the same trade wether it’s plumbing, insurance, accident claims, window fitting etc

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 04, 2021, 02:17:46 pm by Superspy »
I had one last week that was so funny in the way it was presented I genuinely laughed out loud.

Unknown number...robot-caller and the message went like this...

"This is a call from the HMRC. A fraud case has been opened against you and you must press 1 to be connected to an HRMC agent. if you do not press 1 to speak to an HRMC agent you will arrested shortly."

I was laughing so hard I couldn't press 1 in time and it disconnected. Still waiting on the police arriving - haven't been on an adventure in a while.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 04, 2021, 04:11:50 pm by Filo »
I had one last week that was so funny in the way it was presented I genuinely laughed out loud.

"This is a call from the HMRC. A fraud case has been opened against you and you must press 1 to be connected to an HRMC agent. if you do not press 1 to speak to an HRMC agent you will arrested shortly."

I was laughing so hard I couldn't press 1 in time and it disconnected. Still waiting on the police arriving - haven't been on an adventure in a while.

The thing is, this  can be very stressful for an older person, when my Mother was alive she had a very similar call, she phoned me panicng that the Police were coming round to arrest her, took me ages to calm her down and convince her that it was a scam, and all while she was dying of Cancer

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 04, 2021, 04:51:22 pm by Superspy »

The thing is, this  can be very stressful for an older person, when my Mother was alive she had a very similar call, she phoned me panicng that the Police were coming round to arrest her, took me ages to calm her down and convince her that it was a scam, and all while she was dying of Cancer

Absolutely right, same thing happened to my mother-in-law...she was really upset and pretty scared by it. The people who do this kind of thing are scum....doesn't stop me finding it funny when it happens to me though.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 04, 2021, 04:51:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
HMRC don't need the police to arrest you, they can do it themselves. ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012