Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:32:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lorraine Cox Murder.  (Read 6345 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: Lorraine Cox Murder.
« Reply #90 on April 02, 2021, 03:28:39 pm by River Don »
Well it's all hypothetical BB,

But as it turns out there was a horrific murder of two black sisters and it got hardly any attention at the time. I base my opinion on that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on April 02, 2021, 03:33:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Strange how these discussions go.

Folk opine that something won't be in the news...despite it being in the news.

Then other folk dive in to hypothesise whether something that hasn't happened would be in the news.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on April 02, 2021, 03:38:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
To answer your question BB yes, I honestly think there would have been less attention. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been headline news but I don't think it would've been the top story.

Because there would not have been the same sense of outrage, generated by friends and family.
Maybe there wasn't a political agenda going on at the time that could use the story to support the agenda?

Here's a question for you.

Were there riots when Lee Rigby got his head hacked off by those two evil bas**rds?

Would there have been riots if two members of the British army had hacked the head off a radical Islamist?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on April 02, 2021, 03:41:10 pm by River Don »
You're getting into a whole new sphere bringing islamist extremism into it BB.

It's a very different proposition.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on April 02, 2021, 06:07:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It's the same principle.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on April 02, 2021, 06:41:25 pm by River Don »
What principle?

Race and religion are different, is your beheaded islamist white?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on April 02, 2021, 06:57:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Right, let's try and simplify my point. Let's say the killing of Lee Rigby was down to two radical Islamists protesting against his Christian religion. There was no rioting in the streets following his slaughter.

Now, let's swap the scenario and it was two Christian soldiers who slaughtered a radical Islamist. Do you think there would have been rioting in the streets?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on April 02, 2021, 07:01:38 pm by River Don »
What's the principle behind all this, again?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on April 02, 2021, 07:08:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Point of fact. We as a nation sent troops into two Muslim countries, unleashing wars that led to maybe a million Muslims dying. A few of them in extra-judicial murders. I don't recall there being riots here over it.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on April 02, 2021, 07:16:42 pm by River Don »
Are British soldiers generally Christian? Was Lee Rigby? Most British people aren't Christian these days, so are soldiers? Were the British soldiers black? Are the Islamist terrorists really Muslims? Lee Rigby's family say they aren't.

How does this relate to the media coverage of women in the UK?

What's the underlying principle?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on April 02, 2021, 08:51:33 pm by Bentley Bullet »
RD, you're not going to answer the question and I'm not going to waste any more time trying to reason my point with you.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on April 02, 2021, 08:58:48 pm by River Don »
I didn't understand your reasoning BB, that's all.

I'd give you an answer if you could tell me how the two hypothesis are related and explain what the principle you're getting at is.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 02, 2021, 08:59:21 pm by belton rover »
Are British soldiers generally Christian? Was Lee Rigby? Most British people aren't Christian these days, so are soldiers? Were the British soldiers black? Are the Islamist terrorists really Muslims? Lee Rigby's family say they aren't.

How does this relate to the media coverage of women in the UK?

What's the underlying principle?
Sounds like ‘Soap’ is about to start.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on April 02, 2021, 09:14:04 pm by River Don »
Alright,

I'll try and answer. If Lee Rigby was killed for his Christian religion, which he might not have had by radical Islamists because he was Christian, when it was probably because he was a soldier but anyway. And the Christian British public, who generally aren't very Christian, didn't riot, then would if the roles were reversed a Muslim minority riot if Christian soldiers, which they probably wouldn't be, murdered an Islamist who many claim aren't actually Muslim, riot?

I have no idea.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 09:17:17 pm by River Don »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 03, 2021, 11:27:44 am by MachoMadness »
Just to point out, the Sarah Everard case was front page news long before the main suspect was revealed to be police. There was a very public appeal to try and find her and it captured people's attention. Now, why that was I'm not sure. There's probably an element of truth to the thought that it was a London case, so on the doorstep of the national media types who report on this stuff. But to try and tie political motivations to the coverage of it is wide of the mark and deeply cynical in my view.

This Lorraine Cox case is tragic. I hadn't heard of it until recently. It's possible there were some reporting restrictions in place that weren't there for the Everard case. It also seems that this poor woman was more vulnerable. I would guess that any lack of coverage is down to the profile of the victim rather than the murderer, sadly.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on April 03, 2021, 08:41:40 pm by scawsby steve »
Point of fact. We as a nation sent troops into two Muslim countries, unleashing wars that led to maybe a million Muslims dying. A few of them in extra-judicial murders. I don't recall there being riots here over it.

BST, weren't there more than a million people marching in London in protest at the invasion of Iraq?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on April 03, 2021, 09:46:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Riots, SS.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on April 06, 2021, 10:50:25 am by Axholme Lion »
To answer your question BB yes, I honestly think there would have been less attention. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been headline news but I don't think it would've been the top story.

Because there would not have been the same sense of outrage, generated by friends and family.
Maybe there wasn't a political agenda going on at the time that could use the story to support the agenda?

Here's a question for you.

Were there riots when Lee Rigby got his head hacked off by those two evil bas**rds?

Would there have been riots if two members of the British army had hacked the head off a radical Islamist?

Nail on head. But this is a country where you can be hounded out of your job and have your family and your own life put at risk for showing schoolkids a drawing.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on April 06, 2021, 08:36:01 pm by scawsby steve »
Riots, SS.

All riots start off as peaceful protests, but become riots either when the Police become heavy handed, or Rent-a-mob get involved.

There were plenty of riots during the BLM protests.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on April 06, 2021, 09:01:14 pm by normal rules »
Riot is an overused word in the context of civil disobediance.

It is very rarely charged as it is pretty much an admission by law enforcement that there has been a complete and utter breakdown of law and order, to the extent that has long lasting effects on local communities.

Violent disorder is the much more utilised piece of the public order act.

it may sound like semantics but for Riot to be even considered as a prosecution proceedings may be commenced only by, or with the consent of, the Director of Public Prosecutions.

The decision to charge riot should be discussed with the Chief Crown Prosecutor or Deputy Chief Crown Prosecutor.
you may wonder why:

The riots of August 2011 in cities across England were unprecedented in their
geographical scale. Rioting began in Tottenham on Saturday, 6 August, spread to other
parts of London on 7 and 8 August and to cities outside London, notably Birmingham,
Manchester and Liverpool, on 8 and 9 August. Riots have happened before in England and
other parts of mainland Britain, on occasion involving significant violence and damage to
property, in particular in Liverpool and Brixton in the 1980s. But they have been relatively few
in number and in a small number of places at any one time. August 2011 was the first time
that rioting had broken out in many places at the same time, and caused such widespread
damage to property. The riots took everyone by surprise: the police, the insurance industry,
central and local Government and, of course, the people living and working in the areas
concerned.
 One consequence of the riots was to put the spotlight on the Riot (Damages) Act which
requires the police to pay compensation to those whose property is damaged in a riot. The
Act dates from 1886 and has been applied sparingly since then.
The Act was reviewed in 2013 and it was recommended that Police should still be liable for any damage caused during incidents declared to be riots. Thats why Riot is rarely charged.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on April 06, 2021, 09:08:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Riots, SS.

All riots start off as peaceful protests, but become riots either when the Police become heavy handed, or Rent-a-mob get involved.

BB was hypothesising about what might have happened if a soldier had violently killed a Muslim. He implied there would have been riots.

I said that British soldiers violently killed many Muslims in what are now widely accepted as illegal wars. There were no violent protests in the UK in response.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on April 06, 2021, 10:13:20 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST. Have you considered the possibility that the world is completely different now from how it was in 2003? If so, have you also considered that it is very possibly different now because of the invasion of Iraq that year?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 10:19:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on April 07, 2021, 10:23:21 am by RobTheRover »
Bentley Bullet.

Confirming tropes since 2003

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on April 08, 2021, 12:19:18 pm by Axholme Lion »
Riots, SS.

BB was hypothesising about what might have happened if a soldier had violently killed a Muslim. He implied there would have been riots.

I said that British soldiers violently killed many Muslims in what are now widely accepted as illegal wars. There were no violent protests in the UK in response.

Politicians send us to war, the soldiers do what they are told. I suggest you take this one up with Tony Blair.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on April 08, 2021, 01:09:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
AL.
That's totally irrelevant to the point I was making.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on April 08, 2021, 04:47:54 pm by normal rules »
Is it possible to kill someone without being violent?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on April 08, 2021, 06:37:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Poison?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on April 09, 2021, 09:27:37 am by Axholme Lion »

Bore them to death watching Millwall's negative football this season.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on April 09, 2021, 07:53:16 pm by scawsby steve »

Bore them to death watching Millwall's negative football this season.

F*cking hell, we Rovers fans would have all been dead weeks ago.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on April 13, 2021, 08:19:51 am by SydneyRover »
Don't forget to support the women and girls in your life.

''Reporting on women’s safety: ‘We tell the stories that have been ignored’
Our senior news reporter writes about exposing violence and abuse – and how shared parental leave could make things better''

https://www.theguardian.com/membership/2021/apr/13/reporting-on-womens-safety-we-tell-the-stories-that-have-been-ignored

TinyPortal © 2005-2012