Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:16:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Replace Butler now!  (Read 12135 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Re: Replace Butler now!
« Reply #120 on April 03, 2021, 11:48:00 am by colincramb »
I think a few of us predicted this down turn in form during our winning run. We really weren’t playing that well but got laughed off the forum for voicing our concerns. Some were saying it was ludicrous to suggest luck was playing a part. I hate to say it, but we have been proved right. We’ve papered over the cracks for too long and now the wheels have come off big time. Feel sorry for AB, it’s not his fault really. The fact of the matter is we are just a poor team full of loan players

One of the loan players is a full International.

Another is a PL player signed by his parent club for £2.5 million.

Another is a PL player who has played at 3 International levels for England and has easily been our best player when fit.

We may be a poor team but why that is down to players on loan or not I am unclear?

I didn’t say it was down to the loan players though, did I? I was just pointing out the bloody obvious - at one point we had that many they couldn’t even make the bench!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on April 03, 2021, 11:55:53 am by wilts rover »
I think a few of us predicted this down turn in form during our winning run. We really weren’t playing that well but got laughed off the forum for voicing our concerns. Some were saying it was ludicrous to suggest luck was playing a part. I hate to say it, but we have been proved right. We’ve papered over the cracks for too long and now the wheels have come off big time. Feel sorry for AB, it’s not his fault really. The fact of the matter is we are just a poor team full of loan players

One of the loan players is a full International.

Another is a PL player signed by his parent club for £2.5 million.

Another is a PL player who has played at 3 International levels for England and has easily been our best player when fit.

We may be a poor team but why that is down to players on loan or not I am unclear?

I didn’t say it was down to the loan players though, did I? I was just pointing out the bloody obvious - at one point we had that many they couldn’t even make the bench!

Ah apolgies, I presumed you mentioned the loan players beacuse you didn't want the loan players and thus made a point of them because you saw them as a negative.

I see now you were just ranting for the sake of it.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on April 04, 2021, 10:29:42 am by DonnyOsmond »
Looking at the fixtures we need to get around 10 points from the next 5 games, otherwise the club should get the post advertised. Gives about 3 weeks to do the process then the new manager has the whole of the summer to watch the games from the season and decide who they want to keep.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on April 04, 2021, 10:33:08 am by Canadian Rover »
I believe Butler will turn things around. We'll make the playoffs. Let's give him and all the lads our support.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on April 04, 2021, 02:52:48 pm by Batleyred »
I believe Butler will turn things around. We'll make the playoffs. Let's give him and all the lads our support.

I think this also, just a feeling I have  :rtid:

Might get rid of a few of the board bashers who are loving life lately.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on April 04, 2021, 04:07:58 pm by Campsall rover »
Let us hope we can.
Certainly shut a few up on this forum if we do.  :that:

It is going to take a massive turn round in form for us to achieve it but nothing is impossible. If you do not believe it can happen then i will guarantee it will not happen.
Think though 6 wins and 2 draws from 10 games may be needed. It is a tall order.

Some of our supporters have already thrown the towel in. It is not over yet. We do though need to win tomorrow I think that is a definite. With 3 of our last 4 against Posh twice and Blackpool it looks as though we may need to win 6 out of the other 7 games.

A convincing win tomorrow against our favourite opponents might just be the catalyst to get back to being a proper team again.

Come on lads let us have some serious belief and get behind our manager. The run in stars now.  :rtid:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 04:15:59 pm by Campsall rover »

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on April 04, 2021, 04:15:43 pm by Bessie Red »
He wont.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on April 04, 2021, 04:20:39 pm by Campsall rover »
He wont.
You know that for a fact? What a ridiculous statement.  :facepalm:

You have got a 50/50 chance of being right.   ;)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on April 04, 2021, 04:30:33 pm by GazLaz »
As I said in another post Rovers are massively exposed when people leave the club .

It was exposed when McCann did one , Marquis and the loan lads in Wilks and Kane and it seems to have happened again this season .

In my opinion there has to be a way that eliminates that exposure because we have to accept that managers and coaches leave our clubs for more money and bigger clubs and they always will do .

The trick is to come up with a model that provides stability and eliminates the exposure when people leave .

That to me comes with identifying a style of play , hiring a coach to play that way whilst recruiting accordingly and sticking with it .

If the coach moves on then identify another the coach who plays the style of football you've identified , same with the players whether they are loans returning or are sold on .

The playing style is the stability and the people who leave don't take the whole show with them out of the door .

This isn't something that takes years to put together , it can begin this summer .

Good post. I’ve been saying the structure is wrong for years and there’s never been a hint of a sign they will changed. We hired a player identification manager and thought that was ground breaking. I can’t see anything radical happening.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on April 04, 2021, 06:26:38 pm by Lesonthewest »
Let us hope we can.

It is going to take a massive turn round in form for us to achieve it but nothing is impossible. If you do not believe it can happen then i will guarantee it will not happen.
Think though 6 wins and 2 draws from 10 games may be needed. It is a tall order.

Some of our supporters have already thrown the towel in. It is not over yet. We do though need to win tomorrow I think that is a definite. With 3 of our last 4 against Posh twice and Blackpool it looks as though we may need to win 6 out of the other 7 games.

A convincing win tomorrow against our favourite opponents might just be the catalyst to get back to being a proper team again.

Come on lads let us have some serious belief and get behind our manager. The run in stars now.  :rtid:

He wont.

A ridiculous statement? coming from someone who said, 'if you don't believe it will happen I can guarantee it will not happen'. Oh dear, is that a fact.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on April 04, 2021, 06:47:27 pm by elmsallrover »
Won't get a new man in till pre season just like transfers leave it till the last minute

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on April 04, 2021, 07:21:59 pm by Campsall rover »
Let us hope we can.

He wont.

A ridiculous statement? coming from someone who said, 'if you don't believe it will happen I can guarantee it will not happen'. Oh dear, is that a fact.
You have got a real bee in your bonnet Lesonthewest.
That statement is as true a one as you will ever get.  Seriously you seem to have a problem. Have i upset you or something?

You are obviously not going to be happy unless i start to get all negative.
Well I have got news for you, it is not going to happen and i am not going to make any apologies for that.

You carry on stewing in your negativity if that is what makes you happy.  What a sad life.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:00:20 pm by Campsall rover »

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on April 04, 2021, 07:26:03 pm by Bessie Red »
He wont.

Apologies I will answer again -
In my opinion he won't!!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on April 04, 2021, 07:35:56 pm by Campsall rover »
He wont.

In my opinion he won't!!
That’s fair enough then Bessie. That’s what this forum is for opinions.
You may well be correct but am hoping you will be wrong.

There are people though who seem to think i am not allowed to say anything positive or criticise anyone who is being negative.
Which quite frankly is really sad.
This forum would be a very depressing place indeed if we didn’t have people with a positive outlook posting on it.  Thank heavens we do have those people on here.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on April 04, 2021, 07:36:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
I do feel sorry for Butler. There has been such massive instability these last few years - star players leaving, COVID, loan players coming and going, managers coming and going, changes in the boardroom, contract negotiations left late, almost promotion, the list goes on.

Much of this was unfortunate, some self-inflicted, but Butler has been landed with a lot of near history to deal with that is not really positive.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on April 04, 2021, 08:05:22 pm by Bessie Red »
He wont.

In my opinion he won't!!

There are people though who seem to think i am not allowed to say anything positive or criticise anyone who is being negative.
This forum would be a very depressing place indeed if we didn’t have people with a positive outlook posting on it.  Thank heavens we do have those people on here.

I am hoping that I'm wrong but I think his Subs on Friday showed me he won't. He brought Richard's on & moved Smith into the CAM role. He took Robertson off when it should have been Copps coming off. I believe it is a good idea to have Butler in a management role but as an assistant to an experienced Manager.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on April 04, 2021, 08:28:32 pm by Campsall rover »
He wont.

In my opinion he won't!!

I am hoping that I'm wrong but I think his Subs on Friday showed me he won't. He brought Richard's on & moved Smith into the CAM role. He took Robertson off when it should have been Copps coming off. I believe it is a good idea to have Butler in a management role but as an assistant to an experienced Manager.
I agree with you on all those points to be honest.

At the time AB was appointed it seemed a sensible appointment. After his 1st 2 games it seemed an inspired appointment. Now it looks like a big mistake but we need to get behind AB because the season is still very much alive. We can still make the play offs. It’s up to the players now, Butts can only do so much at the end of the day.  The players need to get themselves motivated, show some pride and self belief and go out and play to their full capabilities. We have the same players minus Sims and Taylor we had when we were winning so yes they are capable of winning football matches in this league.
We must start with a win tomorrow. I do think it’s essential we win this one or the season may well be gone.

The next 6 games are very winnable on paper. Football is played on grass though so it’s over to the players now to show if they want it badly enough. If they do i firmly believe we can achieve our goal.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on April 04, 2021, 11:26:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I do feel sorry for Butler. There has been such massive instability these last few years - star players leaving, COVID, loan players coming and going, managers coming and going, changes in the boardroom, contract negotiations left late, almost promotion, the list goes on.

Much of this was unfortunate, some self-inflicted, but Butler has been landed with a lot of near history to deal with that is not really positive.
I've got a lot of sympathy with this line, but it's unmistakable that under Butler we have lost that attacking verve that our play was previously based on. It's hard to find excuses for a team that had goals up its sleeve from every angle looking as toothless as we have done over the past month (although the injuries to Taylor and Sims would have been hard for anyone to cope with).

The eternal optimist in me looks at the fixtures this week and thinks we could, with a bit of luck, be back in the mix this time next week. But unless we rediscover that attacking verve, I don't think I really believe it.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on April 05, 2021, 02:12:52 pm by Lesonthewest »
Let us hope we can.

He wont.

That statement is as true a one as you will ever get.  Seriously you seem to have a problem. Have i upset you or something?

Well I have got news for you, it is not going to happen and i am not going to make any apologies for that.

You carry on stewing in your negativity if that is what makes you happy.  What a sad life.

Ha ha easy tiger, you see there is no bee in my bonnet,  & you will never upset me so no need to flatter yourself fella. Your problem  is you can give it but you can't take it without resorting to little pathetic personal insults because posters have different opinions to you, bless you. As for your silly statement saying it is as true as you will ever get, I have never read anything as daft in my life. So just to clarify, if you don't believe it will happen you can guarantee it will not happen? Please explain.  Anyway I will continue to question yours & anyone else's comments I don't agree with as that's part of what a forum is about, the difference is I don't resort to throwing insults & little stupid jibes to other posters like you do, & if you don't like it, I really don't give a monkeys. Another thing, I don't care one jot how positive you are, that's your opinion, don't give a toss either way. Up the Rovers!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on April 05, 2021, 02:34:13 pm by Campsall rover »
Let us hope we can.

He wont.

Ha ha easy tiger, you see there is no bee in my bonnet,  & you will never upset me so no need to flatter yourself fella. Your problem  is you can give it but you can't take it without resorting to little pathetic personal insults because posters have different opinions to you, bless you. As for your silly statement saying it is as true as you will ever get, I have never read anything as daft in my life. So just to clarify, if you don't believe it will happen you can guarantee it will not happen? Please explain.  Anyway I will continue to question yours & anyone else's comments I don't agree with as that's part of what a forum is about, the difference is I don't resort to throwing insults & little stupid jibes to other posters like you do, & if you don't like it, I really don't give a monkeys. Another thing, I don't care one jot how positive you are, that's your opinion, don't give a toss either way. Up the Rovers!
Only one person making jibes and it is not me. You have just proved that with your above post.

Every time I post something you do not agree with your on my case, but that is ok, but apparently i am not allowed to disagree with someone being overly negative.
Sounds a bit one sided to me.

Just to clarify. For example. If you do not believe you can win then as sure as eggs are eggs you will not win.
That is what I was referring to.
Yes there is never a truer statement of fact than that.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 02:42:11 pm by Campsall rover »

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on April 05, 2021, 02:57:34 pm by Lesonthewest »
Let us hope we can.

He wont.

Only one person making jibes and it is not me. You have just proved that with your above post.

Every time I post something you do not agree with your on my case, but that is ok, but apparently i am not allowed to disagree with someone being overly negative.

Just to clarify. For example. If you do not believe you can win then as sure as eggs are eggs you will not win.

As I said you don't like it back at you, that's your problem. Have a good look back at your posts with jibes & little insults. Are you really honestly saying if you don't believe you can win you won't. Absolute rubbish, the more you try & justify what you are saying, the dafter it looks. I don't 'jump on your case' as you put it, I just disagree, that is allowed you know. I'll say it again I don't care who you challenge as regards being negative, or constructive as I prefer it, just don't expect posters not to challenge you when you throw your insults about, there for all to see.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on April 05, 2021, 03:58:12 pm by Campsall rover »
Let us hope we can.

He wont.

As I said you don't like it back at you, that's your problem. Have a good look back at your posts with jibes & little insults. Are you really honestly saying if you don't believe you can win you won't. Absolute rubbish, the more you try & justify what you are saying, the dafter it looks. I don't 'jump on your case' as you put it, I just disagree, that is allowed you know. I'll say it again I don't care who you challenge as regards being negative, or constructive as I prefer it, just don't expect posters not to challenge you when you throw your insults about, there for all to see.
So if you think you will lose you can win. Now who is talking rubbish?

Look if you want to pick a fight go and pick one with someone who wants one.

This is just quite pathetic and extremely childish.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on April 05, 2021, 04:36:57 pm by since-1969 »
It’s Butler’s pay back !!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on April 06, 2021, 08:55:48 pm by Lesonthewest »
Let us hope we can.

He wont.

So if you think you will lose you can win. Now who is talking rubbish?

Look if you want to pick a fight go and pick one with someone who wants one.

This is just quite pathetic and extremely childish.

Don't twist it now to suit your argument, you said if you think you can't win, you 'guarantee' you won't, how can you do that then, what a silly statement. Nobody is picking a fight at all, but as I've said if you throw little personal jibes at posters, then expect posters to challenge your opinions. As for being childish I suggest you read your last post.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on April 06, 2021, 09:27:07 pm by les@donr »
Given the current poor run,  the board would be wise to start the interview process now and have a new manager in place before end of season so he can decide which players to keep or release before next season starts. Our season is over, best now prepare for next season. First starting with a new manager in place to have the Summer to sign the players he wants. If we wait until the end of season to look for a new manager, it will give him a shorter period to sign new players.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on April 06, 2021, 09:30:56 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Given the current poor run,  the board would be wise to start the interview process now and have a new manager in place before end of season so he can decide which players to keep or release before next season starts. Our season is over, best now prepare for next season. First starting with a new manager in place to have the Summer to sign the players he wants. If we wait until the end of season to look for a new manager, it will give him a shorter period to sign new players.

I think this is exactly what most people are wanting when saying we can't just see this season out without a change. No point sacking Butler now but the search for a replacement has to be ongoing and wrapped up by the end of the season

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on April 07, 2021, 12:39:14 am by les@donr »
But will Gavin and the Board have the guts to start the search for a new manager now or sit on their hands until the end of the season?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on April 09, 2021, 09:11:58 am by bobjimwilly »
But will Gavin and the Board have the guts to start the search for a new manager now or sit on their hands until the end of the season?

I'm sure the letters from managers are already landing on Gavin's desk. The club will be just as popular as when we appointed Darren, so I'm sure we'll have plenty of quality candidates to interview come the end of the season.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on April 09, 2021, 12:43:01 pm by foxbat »
It would be a lot better to have the new manager in place the day after the season ends.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on April 09, 2021, 03:35:47 pm by selby »
  It will be a lot better if by the end of the season  Butler has turned the results around, you and some others are quiet and he is appointed for next season won't it

TinyPortal © 2005-2012