Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:34:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DFP  (Read 3125 times)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
DFP
« on April 03, 2021, 11:45:02 am by Barmby Rover »
A good summing up of Rovers recently in this article. https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/the-breakdown-doncaster-rovers-0-charlton-athletic-1-3188487 I am not even going to follow Rovers progress on Monday, I am off fishing, at least I will be entertained for the afternoon then. I am in despair of anything other than a very mid-table finish in what should have been a promotion year. If they win, and for goodness sake's they should, I might watch again next Saturday, but I find it quite depressing really.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: DFP
« Reply #1 on April 03, 2021, 11:47:24 am by Filo »
Can’t see you catching owt on Monday with the temperature drop forcast

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 03, 2021, 11:49:16 am by Barmby Rover »
I will report back, but I very rarely blank, unlike our strikers.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 03, 2021, 11:49:41 am by colincramb »
A good summing up of Rovers recently in this article. https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/the-breakdown-doncaster-rovers-0-charlton-athletic-1-3188487 I am not even going to follow Rovers progress on Monday, I am off fishing, at least I will be entertained for the afternoon then. I am in despair of anything other than a very mid-table finish in what should have been a promotion year. If they win, and for goodness sake's they should, I might watch again next Saturday, but I find it quite depressing really.

Couple of points...

1. Why should it have been a promotion year??
2. Why should we win? No devine right

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 03, 2021, 11:50:27 am by Not Now Kato »
Forecast for Monday is for freezing temperatures, a strong Northerly wind and a chance of snow.  If it wasn't for the weather I think I'd be doing the same myself.  Though even in those conditions there'd be more entertainment watching a float than rovers!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 03, 2021, 11:51:15 am by Filo »

Where are you going

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 03, 2021, 11:53:00 am by EasyforDennis »

Couple of points...

Because at the end of 2020 had we won our games in hand we would have been top of the league. Isn't that reason enough to suggest we SHOULD get promotion?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 03, 2021, 12:20:31 pm by the vicar »

Couple of points...

I don’t think people are thinking we have a right to premonition or to Winn every game, just they think we should give it a real fight for the fans and the town like we did till Christmas but then went out in a whimper, and I don’t think you can fault everyone for that.  We are becoming a laughing stock since the festive season, and fans are now saying they are not going next season.  But, that is a bit over the top because we don’t know who the manager or the players we will bring it

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 03, 2021, 12:28:25 pm by sha66y »

Couple of points...

Because at the end of 2020 had we won our games in hand we would have been top of the league. Isn't that reason enough to suggest we SHOULD get promotion?

No!
Woulda,coulda,shoulda!

You have to have been half blind to not notice we were the second best team in most of the games we won...we have been very fortunate this season, but the steam is out now, and it will take a mini miracle to see a dominating win between now and the end of the season...

If we go out with the intention to try and get draws....we might rescue some points.....however I think Bristol Rovers don’t have to do much to beat us, they just have to avoid defeat...ll

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 03, 2021, 12:32:38 pm by deebee »
Think only thing you will catch is, a, cold.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 03, 2021, 01:24:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Couple of points...

No!
Woulda,coulda,shoulda!

You have to have been half blind to not notice we were the second best team in most of the games we won...we have been very fortunate this season, but the steam is out now, and it will take a mini miracle to see a dominating win between now and the end of the season...

If we go out with the intention to try and get draws....we might rescue some points.....however I think Bristol Rovers don’t have to do much to beat us, they just have to avoid defeat...ll

Just nonsense. We had our second best first half of the season in the last 70 years. You just don't achieve that by being second best and poxing wins week after week.

I'm as pissed off as anyone at how the wheels have come off, but some of the comments on the earlier part of the season are just ridiculous.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 03, 2021, 04:07:13 pm by Getridorit »

Couple of points...

Not sure if your aware, but we nearly went top at Christmas, and have been embedded in the play offs for much of the season.

Rarely has there been a collapse as monumental as this.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 03, 2021, 04:21:27 pm by Michael Gibson »
Purely papering over the massive cracks..... the board don’t won’t promotion it’ll cost too much and that’s why butlers in ..... absolutely no other reason

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 03, 2021, 04:44:34 pm by silent majority »
Purely papering over the massive cracks..... the board don’t won’t promotion it’ll cost too much and that’s why butlers in ..... absolutely no other reason

Yep you're right, I mean, why would the owners of a club put up £2m a year, search for a highly thought of manager and embed him in the club, back him with all the transfer requests that he asked for in the transfer window and then when he leaves try and save a couple of grand by employing somebody who already works for the club in a bid to actually stop the promotion that they'd been searching for all season.

I mean, it would just be ludicrous to get promoted wouldn't it? Why would we want the extra 6 or 7 £m a year for playing in the Championship with all the extra crowds and revenue that brings?

It would be bat shit crazy to think that right?

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 03, 2021, 04:53:59 pm by Jimmydee »
Mr Vicar has written...I don’t think people are thinking we have a right to premonition or to Winn every game, just they think we should give it a real fight for the fans and the town like we did till Christmas but then went out in a whimper, and I don’t think you can fault everyone for that.  We are becoming a laughing stock since the festive season, and fans are now saying they are not going next season.  But, that is a bit over the top because we don’t know who the manager or the players we will bring it

Quote:-
“Just think that We should give it a real fight for the fans and the town”

Don’t you think that the players would want to win for their own benefit?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 05:09:35 pm by Jimmydee »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 03, 2021, 05:20:21 pm by Draytonian III »

And he appears again the wonderful Mr Gibson, that makes two non Doncaster Rovers fans who post on here regularly, but at least Tyke the Barnsley fan has the balls to admit he doesn’t support Rovers and he does talk a lot of sense and is rather humorous with a lot of comments.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 03, 2021, 05:57:23 pm by NickDRFC »
What makes you think he’s not a Rovers fan? I think he is, just one with a blinkered and irrational dislike of the board.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 03, 2021, 06:09:26 pm by Draytonian III »
Mr Gibson only posts when we’ve lost or to say negative comments about anyone and everyone, from the board to the grounds men, I believe he lives in and around Doncaster and does go to the occasional match at the Keepmoat, but supports another club

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 03, 2021, 06:23:16 pm by dickos1 »
What makes you think he’s not a Rovers fan? I think he is, just one with a blinkered and irrational dislike of the board.

I think it’s fairly obvious he’s not a rovers fan, he’s just here to try and wind folk up

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 03, 2021, 06:25:00 pm by ravenrover »
Didn't he say he was from Sheffield?
Mindst you can you believe anything he comes out with?

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 03, 2021, 08:21:39 pm by nortikorner »
If you do not respond here will go away

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 03, 2021, 11:13:47 pm by Barmby Rover »

Where are you going
I am off on the Stainy, probably around Medge Hall, a great piece of water. Nobody, least of all a Rovers fan thinks we have a divine right to win or get promotion, but we have had two opportunities to go top of this league this season, and have blown it big time on both occasions. Rovers this season have looked a class act at times, why that has changed is beyond me, but I do know the look of a team in freefall, and I dread to think where we will finish. Prove me wrong Rovers........please?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 04, 2021, 04:44:53 pm by Filo »

Where are you going
I am off on the Stainy, probably around Medge Hall, a great piece of water. Nobody, least of all a Rovers fan thinks we have a divine right to win or get promotion, but we have had two opportunities to go top of this league this season, and have blown it big time on both occasions. Rovers this season have looked a class act at times, why that has changed is beyond me, but I do know the look of a team in freefall, and I dread to think where we will finish. Prove me wrong Rovers........please?

Unless you have bloodworm, you’ll struggle to get a bite after the big temperature drop

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 04, 2021, 06:36:17 pm by Barmby Rover »
We'll see, over 30 fish in two hours last week on the New Junction, awter temperatures don't fluctuate because of a cool evening. They will feed.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 04, 2021, 06:54:14 pm by Filo »
We'll see, over 30 fish in two hours last week on the New Junction, awter temperatures don't fluctuate because of a cool evening. They will feed.

I was part of Stainforth Angling Centre Match squad many years ago, we won the South Yorkshire Canal Championship, on the New Junction, beating the likes of Barnsley Blacks, Diawa Goldthorpe, Rotherham Raiders, Goole Avengers, Doncaster AA. We had a killer method at the time fishing squatt on the pole over a bed of fizzy groundbait

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 04, 2021, 07:03:26 pm by Barmby Rover »
I like fizzy, I use it sometimes, but in winter I still bomb it in, but with soil and hemp oil, no feed, lots of action. It works.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 04, 2021, 07:07:08 pm by Filo »
I like fizzy, I use it sometimes, but in winter I still bomb it in, but with soil and hemp oil, no feed, lots of action. It works.

Riddled molehills were ideal for mixing in groundbait to reduce the feed

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 04, 2021, 10:47:52 pm by Barmby Rover »
That's the stuff, or even a good garden soil like my allotment.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 05, 2021, 08:06:58 am by roversdude »
I have some paint if anyone wants to watch it dry lol

TinyPortal © 2005-2012