Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:57:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If we lose today....  (Read 8084 times)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
If we lose today....
« on April 05, 2021, 09:43:56 am by swain_drfc »
then Butler has to step down for me. These are one of the few sides in the league that are actually worse than us.

If we lose we need to accept that this just hasn’t worked and start the recruitment process to bring in a new man to start the rebuild now and work briefly alongside Adam to identify what we need in the summer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: If we lose today....
« Reply #1 on April 05, 2021, 09:48:39 am by Filo »
then Butler has to step down for me. These are one of the few sides in the league that are actually worse than us.

If we lose we need to accept that this just hasn’t worked and start the recruitment process to bring in a new man to start the rebuild now and work briefly alongside Adam to identify what we need in the summer.

Adam?

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 05, 2021, 09:50:40 am by swain_drfc »

Adam?

Adam Henshall. I was under the impression he was leaving us at the end of the season. If he has already departed then that’s my mistake.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 05, 2021, 10:03:55 am by Campsall rover »

Adam?

Adam Henshall. I was under the impression he was leaving us at the end of the season. If he has already departed then that’s my mistake.
Yes he has already gone. To Aston Villa.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 05, 2021, 10:06:34 am by swain_drfc »

Adam?

Yes he has already gone. To Aston Villa.

I stand corrected

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 05, 2021, 10:15:34 am by the vicar »
It is just turned spring lads he has just awakened after hibernation poor lad so please forgive him lol. Only joking swain sorry

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 05, 2021, 10:20:19 am by keith79 »
What happens when we win? Do we give him another week? Is it lose and lose ya job sort of thing?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 05, 2021, 10:23:13 am by silent majority »
What happens when we win? Do we give him another week? Is it lose and lose ya job sort of thing?

You can't do that to AB. He's been given the job until the end of the season, lets see what happens.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 05, 2021, 10:24:04 am by silent majority »

So who takes over? We don't do knee jerk, so why start now?

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 05, 2021, 10:25:17 am by swain_drfc »
It is just turned spring lads he has just awakened after hibernation poor lad so please forgive him lol. Only joking swain sorry

Haha no need to be sorry Vicar. It has been our recent performances that have made me fall into a deep sleep  :zzz:

Now awoke with the hope of us managing to win a game today  :thumbsup: haha

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 05, 2021, 10:30:01 am by swain_drfc »

If we win then of course it shows signs that maybe we are able to actually put together a performance even if only against the teams in the lower regions.

I know it sounds all a bit panicky and knee jerky but come on these we are playing today are shite. Are we really just going to accept that we are that bad without admitting that changes need to be made?

I will clarify though that I don’t want us to lose today just so there’s a chance that we see a change of manager. I could never actively hope that the Rovers lose a game. I’m wanting Butler to succeed as much as anybody.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 10:32:51 am by swain_drfc »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 05, 2021, 10:30:34 am by normal rules »
A fascinating game for the neutral . The two worst form teams of the league. Rovers 8/5 to get a win.
A loss today would be the new low point for this season IMO.We live in hope that the strikers find the net and the team can start gelling again.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 05, 2021, 10:37:19 am by Filo »

You can't do that to AB. He's been given the job until the end of the season, lets see what happens.

Assuming he’s been given a contract until the end of the season, that will amount to a few weeks wages, he can be sacked at the drop of a hat without costing too much surely

Big Fey

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 05, 2021, 10:47:46 am by Big Fey »

I think we can all see how the season is panning out?

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 05, 2021, 11:12:38 am by Getridorit »

Sheer apathy then.

If they refuse to make a change when something is clearly wrong then it's either apathy or incompetence.

Butler was the easy and cheap option.

Charlton, Sunderland and pompey have shown how it should be done at a properly run club

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 05, 2021, 11:15:03 am by silent majority »

Assuming he’s been given a contract until the end of the season, that will amount to a few weeks wages, he can be sacked at the drop of a hat without costing too much surely

Who mentioned money??

What you're suggesting is that we adopt a knee jerk reaction to a bad result at Bristol Rovers and then replace the manager for the last 9 games of the season, that's if we can find a decent manager to step in within the next 5 days or so.

As a club we have a reputation for doing things properly, it's one of the reasons that we are inundated with manager applications when we do advertise for a manager. That's a reputation that we need to maintain, the thought of abandoning all that on a gamble is a step too far.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 05, 2021, 11:18:33 am by silent majority »

Sheer apathy then.

If they refuse to make a change when something is clearly wrong then it's either apathy or incompetence.

Charlton, Sunderland and pompey have shown how it should be done at a properly run club

I'm not going to respond to any more of your WUM comments. You just keep repeating the same posts over and over again with no justification for any of them.

But to class Charlton, Sunderland and Portsmouth as properly run clubs is a clear sign you have no football knowledge at all, they've been 3 of the biggest basket case clubs that we've seen in English football over the last 10 years or so. Properly run? What a joke.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 05, 2021, 11:24:57 am by eastender »
A fascinating game for the neutral . The two worst form teams of the league. Rovers 8/5 to get a win.
A loss today would be the new low point for this season IMO.We live in hope that the strikers find the net and the team can start gelling again.

Strikers find the net,  :lol: They've got to find their Boots first , it looks like they've been playing in Pit Boots for the last 2 month's.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 05, 2021, 11:47:31 am by sheffield exile1 »
I hate posts which start with a negative, not helpful at all. My only difference is we change from the "honourable" position we  are known for and look at established managers who can work within a budget successfully such as John Coleman at Accrington? Obviously asking permission etc.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 05, 2021, 11:54:53 am by silent majority »
I hate posts which start with a negative, not helpful at all. My only difference is we change from the "honourable" position we  are known for and look at established managers who can work within a budget successfully such as John Coleman at Accrington? Obviously asking permission etc.

You did see Accrington's last result?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 05, 2021, 12:00:00 pm by graingrover »
You could not possibly consider the replacement of AB to be a knee jerk reaction .

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 05, 2021, 12:03:15 pm by donnievic »

Sheer apathy then.

yeah and those 3 clubs have all bee great at getting the right manager in the past haven’t they,yes sunderland have done really well getting Johnson this time round by the looks but he has had sun time there now.Charlton were nothing special last week and thought we were the better side until the last 3rd again like slot of games this season as for Pompey they shoukd of been doing better with the squad they have.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 05, 2021, 12:16:22 pm by the vicar »
This is why I don’t want legends becoming our manager as two many people turn against them then it’s legend over JUST LIKE IT WOULD BE WITH COPPS

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 05, 2021, 12:19:21 pm by SydneyRover »
reading a lot this stuff I wouln't think he's want it Vicar.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 05, 2021, 12:23:05 pm by NickDRFC »
This is why I don’t want legends becoming our manager as two many people turn against them then it’s legend over JUST LIKE IT WOULD BE WITH COPPS

I don’t agree with that, Lampard failed at Chelsea and a lot of fans wanted him out but his legacy as a player is still in tact. Not that I would want Copps in charge right now given he’s never shown any inclination that he wants to go down that route.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 05, 2021, 12:44:39 pm by Getridorit »

Who mentioned money??

What you're suggesting is that we adopt a knee jerk reaction to a bad result at Bristol Rovers and then replace the manager for the last 9 games of the season, that's if we can find a decent manager to step in within the next 5 days or so.

As a club we have a reputation for doing things properly, it's one of the reasons that we are inundated with manager applications when we do advertise for a manager. That's a reputation that we need to maintain, the thought of abandoning all that on a gamble is a step too far.
Would hardly be a knee jerk reaction!!
Weve been dire for months, and butler clearly isn't the man.
If we lose today, it would just be further confirmation of what we already know

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 05, 2021, 12:48:41 pm by Getridorit »

Sheer apathy then.

I'm not going to respond to any more of your WUM comments. You just keep repeating the same posts over and over again with no justification for any of them.

But to class Charlton, Sunderland and Portsmouth as properly run clubs is a clear sign you have no football knowledge at all, they've been 3 of the biggest basket case clubs that we've seen in English football over the last 10 years or so. Properly run? What a joke.
What's it say about Rovers then?!
If they can recruit a proper manager within a decent time frame and we can't, it says alot doesn't it.

We were above all 3 clubs before this saga, now we are trailing behind them because of the insane decision not to appoint an experienced manager.
Purely because they know how to run football matters properly.

Cheap and easy option, no other reason.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 05, 2021, 12:51:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If we lose today I'm gonna have a few beers and drown my sorrows, but if we win I'm gonna have a few beers to celebrate.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 05, 2021, 01:04:51 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Wow, people on here several weeks ago having a go at DM for not honouring his contract with the club. Now some fans want the club to consider not adhering to the “ contract” we’ve given Andy. Incredible is one word that springs to mind. SM is correct, as some fans come on this site with so little knowledge of how the club is run or what goes off in the background. I appreciate it’s not sexy or exciting to look behind the scenes, but thankfully many of us do. If you want a team that throws money at things and gets it wrong time after time, then Donny ain’t for you. Portsmouth, Leeds, Bolton, Sunderland & Wendies spring to mind. Meanwhile I’ll put the kettle on, sit down and watch my little Donny Rovers in an hour or so, safe in the knowledge that the board had supported the club, previous managers & us as supporters by having a stable club that’s not looking at financial ruin unlike others. RTID.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 05, 2021, 01:12:15 pm by ChrisBx »
f**k me, I hope we win today just to get a few people off Butler's back. We're all disappointed with how the season has progressed but the vitriol directed at Butler and the board is ridiculous at times.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012