Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:59:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If we lose today....  (Read 8035 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: If we lose today....
« Reply #30 on April 05, 2021, 01:20:36 pm by Jonathan »
Imagine if we’d brought in an experienced manager and still lost some games. The vsc forum would now be demanding a different experienced manager be appointed.

Maybe we go game by game in future. Give the managers a chance and then when they lose swap them out for a new one.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 05, 2021, 01:24:37 pm by Campsall rover »
If we lose today I'm gonna have a few beers and drown my sorrows, but if we win I'm gonna have a few beers to celebrate.
What do you mean “if we lose”

Your crystal ball said 3-2 to Rovers BB   No ifs and butts.  ( no pun intended )

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 05, 2021, 01:34:13 pm by vaya »
Imagine if we’d brought in an experienced manager and still lost some games. The vsc forum would now be demanding a different experienced manager be appointed.

Maybe we go game by game in future. Give the managers a chance and then when they lose swap them out for a new one.

Pub pool rules. Winner stays on.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 05, 2021, 01:44:51 pm by bobjimwilly »
If we don't win today, against the team 2nd bottom who are the only team lower than us in the form guide, I regrettably think the season is over.
However.... if we win, the play-offs are still in reach and we live to fight another day.
Don't you just love being a Rovers fan!  :scarf:

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 05, 2021, 01:46:32 pm by Draytonian III »
Charlton, Portsmouth and Sunderland keep on getting put forward as clubs that have changed managers all 3 are ex Premiership clubs and are a lot bigger than Doncaster Rovers and always will be. They are going attract the higher profile managers, but I would much be run like us than they have in the last dozen years or so, 3 car crash clubs

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 05, 2021, 01:48:15 pm by Draytonian III »
4.57 pm will be the time Mr Gibson will on here if we lose.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 05, 2021, 01:55:04 pm by ChrisBx »

"Sack the board."

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 05, 2021, 01:58:44 pm by dickos1 »
Charlton, Portsmouth and Sunderland keep on getting put forward as clubs that have changed managers all 3 are ex Premiership clubs and are a lot bigger than Doncaster Rovers and always will be. They are going attract the higher profile managers, but I would much be run like us than they have in the last dozen years or so, 3 car crash clubs

Moore and Ferguson could be argued are much more high profile than the cowleys

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 05, 2021, 02:17:57 pm by since-1969 »
then Butler has to step down for me. These are one of the few sides in the league that are actually worse than us.

If we lose we need to accept that this just hasn’t worked and start the recruitment process to bring in a new man to start the rebuild now and work briefly alongside Adam to identify what we need in the summer.
if what your saying happens .. who takes over as “Interim Manager”? 

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 05, 2021, 02:23:44 pm by NickDRFC »

As late as that?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 05, 2021, 02:43:04 pm by redarmy82 »
What happens when we win? Do we give him another week? Is it lose and lose ya job sort of thing?

You can't do that to AB. He's been given the job until the end of the season, lets see what happens.

Assuming he’s been given a contract until the end of the season, that will amount to a few weeks wages, he can be sacked at the drop of a hat without costing too much surely

Who mentioned money??

What you're suggesting is that we adopt a knee jerk reaction to a bad result at Bristol Rovers and then replace the manager for the last 9 games of the season, that's if we can find a decent manager to step in within the next 5 days or so.

As a club we have a reputation for doing things properly, it's one of the reasons that we are inundated with manager applications when we do advertise for a manager. That's a reputation that we need to maintain, the thought of abandoning all that on a gamble is a step too far.

Doing things properly by appointing someone with zero experience, while other clubs around us hired experienced managers? Look how it has turned out.

And as for a gamble, Butler is a massive gamble.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 05, 2021, 02:58:23 pm by aidanstu »
then Butler has to step down for me. These are one of the few sides in the league that are actually worse than us.

If we lose we need to accept that this just hasn’t worked and start the recruitment process to bring in a new man to start the rebuild now and work briefly alongside Adam to identify what we need in the summer.

So who takes over? We don't do knee jerk, so why start now?

I agree with you that the club don’t do knee jerk and I’m not advocating Butler being sacked on the back of one result.

If the board have decided that Butler is not their man then consideration needs to be given as to whether it is better to get somebody in now to either push for The playoffs and assess the squad or if better options are available in the summer. It shouldn’t depend on whether we win, lose or draw today.

MEGA1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 05, 2021, 03:59:51 pm by MEGA1879 »
This is why I don’t want legends becoming our manager as two many people turn against them then it’s legend over JUST LIKE IT WOULD BE WITH COPPS
Never been a legend!!!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 05, 2021, 04:21:13 pm by sha66y »
Wow, people on here several weeks ago having a go at DM for not honouring his contract with the club. Now some fans want the club to consider not adhering to the “ contract” we’ve given Andy. Incredible is one word that springs to mind. SM is correct, as some fans come on this site with so little knowledge of how the club is run or what goes off in the background. I appreciate it’s not sexy or exciting to look behind the scenes, but thankfully many of us do. If you want a team that throws money at things and gets it wrong time after time, then Donny ain’t for you. Portsmouth, Leeds, Bolton, Sunderland & Wendies spring to mind. Meanwhile I’ll put the kettle on, sit down and watch my little Donny Rovers in an hour or so, safe in the knowledge that the board had supported the club, previous managers & us as supporters by having a stable club that’s not looking at financial ruin unlike others. RTID.

If you want a team that throws money at things and gets it wrong time after time, then Donny ain’t for you.

I think we would like a team ( directors) to throw money at things and actually get it right....not beyond the realms of feasible surely...

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 05, 2021, 04:21:36 pm by normal rules »
At 2-1 I’d say that is game over. And season over. Happy to be proved wrong.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 05, 2021, 04:23:54 pm by since-1969 »
Taxi for Butler !!

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 05, 2021, 04:26:13 pm by colincramb »
At 2-1 I’d say that is game over. And season over. Happy to be proved wrong.

Yeah I’d have thought that’s it. Another match where we’ve failed to keep a clean sheet away from home.

What a disastrous end to the season 

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 05, 2021, 04:28:27 pm by redarmy82 »
If Butler is still manager next season then it tells you everything you need to know.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 05, 2021, 04:33:52 pm by normal rules »
Just had to remind myself Fej is actually playing today. He has been largely absent. The stats don’t make good reading either. Nearly half of all rovers passes incomplete. Just 3 shots on target as of 68 mins.

Richards taken off, who was showing the most promise going forward. ?

I suppose the diff today is BR were already rock bottom. Rovers still on the downward slide.
It can’t get any worse, can it?

McCormack hatrick I fear coming up.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 05, 2021, 04:34:07 pm by since-1969 »
If Butler is still manager next season then it tells you everything you need to know.
What ?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 05, 2021, 04:39:09 pm by Donny Exile in York »
What happens when we win? Do we give him another week? Is it lose and lose ya job sort of thing?

You can't do that to AB. He's been given the job until the end of the season, lets see what happens.

Assuming he’s been given a contract until the end of the season, that will amount to a few weeks wages, he can be sacked at the drop of a hat without costing too much surely

Who mentioned money??

What you're suggesting is that we adopt a knee jerk reaction to a bad result at Bristol Rovers and then replace the manager for the last 9 games of the season, that's if we can find a decent manager to step in within the next 5 days or so.

As a club we have a reputation for doing things properly, it's one of the reasons that we are inundated with manager applications when we do advertise for a manager. That's a reputation that we need to maintain, the thought of abandoning all that on a gamble is a step too far.

Knee Jerk? Knee Jerk? Have you seen our form.. we have blown a fantastic position in the league.. all the fans I go with are fed up.. nothing is knee jerk.. our form and performances are woeful... and I for one wanted Butler to be successful but in the last month we've had a number of winnable fixtures and not won one.. and look devoid of ideas... the board will have to get out of their comfort zone before the end of the season and make a decision given our dreadful run of results!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 05, 2021, 04:41:45 pm by redarmy82 »

Who mentioned money??

Knee Jerk? Knee Jerk? Have you seen our form.. we have blown a fantastic position in the league.. all the fans I go with are fed up.. nothing is knee jerk.. our form and performances are woeful... and I for one wanted Butler to be successful but in the last month we've had a number of winnable fixtures and not won one.. and look devoid of ideas... the board will have to get out of their comfort zone before the end of the season and make a decision given our dreadful run of results!

100% Butler will still be the manager next season.

We didn't sack Ferguson when he got us relegated.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 05, 2021, 04:42:20 pm by normal rules »
From 3rd with three games in hand to this. I wonder how this rates in Rovers history regarding collapses in form?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 05, 2021, 04:43:21 pm by normal rules »
Perhaps it’s a micro collapse. But it still hurts

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 05, 2021, 04:45:11 pm by drfchound »
Harlan looks a good centre forward.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 05, 2021, 04:54:03 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Our form.. W 2 D 2 L 5 under Butler.. since 6th Feb including Moore.. W 2 D 3 L9... nothing is knee jerk.. its not good enough.. time for the board to dust off the cobwebs, get out there armchair and demonstrate to fans that results and performances do matter and we are an ambitious club otherwise fans will think twice to get season tickets and all the vicious circle that leads to with less revenue, lower wages etc. Time to show some strong decision making, demonstrate leadership and give fans a team to look forward to seeing post pandemic and hope of brighter times to come, including a manager who can get results and take us forward in league one.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 05, 2021, 04:56:01 pm by the vicar »
We are totally shit no confidence keep giving the ball away no fight in them at all

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 05, 2021, 05:00:46 pm by mjg »
The headline should have read , WHEN we lose today

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 05, 2021, 05:01:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
I know there are plenty happy to dismiss this, but surely this is a huge cause for concern.

We have kept 7 clean sheets all season.

The bottom four in League One?

Bristol Rovers - 7
AFC Wimbledon - 7
Wigan Athletic - 8
Rochdale - 7

This is very poor.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 05, 2021, 05:01:56 pm by mjg »
Clueless