Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:24:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If we lose today....  (Read 8234 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: If we lose today....
« Reply #90 on April 06, 2021, 03:04:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There’s no money to retain the players we’ve got for next season, they’re being offered relative peanuts, there’s no money for a so called ‘high profile’ manager and if there was he’d have his hands tied, in fact he’d be in a straight jacket.

Evidence?

He hasn't got any.

Somebody is telling him things, that I can guarantee, but the information he's getting is from a certain side of the dressing room. Not one that will be here much longer.

What?!
Your saying he has no evidence, but also confirm he's getting information from a player?!

What is it? Because you've just contradicted yourself.

But I can tell you from the outside looking in, it certainly looks like he's spot on in what he's saying, it makes perfect sense.

Ha ha, S_Ms a witch, burn him! Butlers a witch too, burn him. The board are all witches, burnt the lot of them!

They're all out to get us. They're all evil. Burn them! Burn them!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on April 06, 2021, 06:10:24 pm by dickos1 »
Letting our better players get to the last few months of their contracts is a disgrace.
We may have agreements with the player and his agent but that’s not going to stop other clubs offering them contracts.
It’s negligence

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on April 06, 2021, 06:30:09 pm by silent majority »
Letting our better players get to the last few months of their contracts is a disgrace.
We may have agreements with the player and his agent but that’s not going to stop other clubs offering them contracts.
It’s negligence

If you say so, you being the expert on contracts and stuff.

What you forget of course is that this season has been very different for all kinds of reasons, Covid had a major impact and the players themselves have been helping where they can, they've all deferred a portion of their wages to help the club get through. Part of that agreement has been to look at contract renewals and establish a timeline that suits both parties.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on April 06, 2021, 06:56:11 pm by dickos1 »
Other clubs have offered contracts to players and I’m in no doubt other clubs will be offering contracts to our players.
If we lose some of them then it’s been very poor from our point of view

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on April 06, 2021, 07:04:09 pm by silent majority »
There’s no money to retain the players we’ve got for next season, they’re being offered relative peanuts, there’s no money for a so called ‘high profile’ manager and if there was he’d have his hands tied, in fact he’d be in a straight jacket.

Evidence?

He hasn't got any.

Somebody is telling him things, that I can guarantee, but the information he's getting is from a certain side of the dressing room. Not one that will be here much longer.

There you go again, passing on blame. Insinuating that certain players are to blame for this situation and there are trouble causers in the ranks.

Who implements the structure that possibly causes things like this? Who recruited the players? Who is behind the want for high player turnover and turbulent summers every year allow no real stability?

You constantly try to deflect issues away from potential issues with the clubs structure and mistakes the may have made/ still be making.

We all know the owners do an amazing job parting with their hard earned money keeping the club afloat. That doesn’t mean they are immune to criticism and do everything right.

The way you defend everything they have done in nearly every post and try and deflect things away is hilarious.

The board didn’t make a mistake appointing Butler, the players are the issue.

Henshall was brilliant at his job yet the players are the issue.

The loan system is great yet the players are the issue.

Players contracts allowed to run down and causing them to spend the end of the season in limbo... that was Moores fault.

Your painting certain players, that won’t be here next season, as trouble makers... who would that be? Richards? Balcombe? Simoes? Lokilo? Smith? James? Robertson? Gomes? All were involved today. Do you know some of them are trouble and Butler doesn’t? Surely if they were a major issue he wouldn’t have them around the squad.

Hmm, there I go again?

I think you misinterpret a lot of what I say on purpose, and you also credit me with things I haven't said. The points you've made above are proof of that.

I also think you should just listen to the JC interview after the game yesterday and then re-read my post. It's that simple.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on April 06, 2021, 07:30:29 pm by Scooter »
I have heard via a reliable-ish source that the there is a split in the team. Apparently the players split into groups by race. (On the team bus for example)

It may make sense as people are drawn to similar people (homophily) and it may be a crock of shit

However after watching the ‘performance’ yesterday I am tempted to believe it.

No team cohesion and some players can’t pass water at the moment

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on April 06, 2021, 07:38:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I have heard via a reliable-ish source that the there is a split in the team. Apparently the players split into groups by race. (On the team bus for example)

It may make sense as people are drawn to similar people (homophily) and it may be a crock of shit

However after watching the ‘performance’ yesterday I am tempted to believe it.

No team cohesion and some players can’t pass water at the moment

Players will be closer to some players more than others, Richards probably has more in common with TJJ than Coppinger as they're similar ages and grew up together, probably play FIFA, etc. The only thing that matters is that they're giving 100% on the field and if they're not then Greaves, Horton, Ravenhill can come in for them.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on April 10, 2021, 03:11:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
I know there are plenty happy to dismiss this, but surely this is a huge cause for concern.

We have kept 7 clean sheets all season.

The bottom four in League One?

Bristol Rovers - 7
AFC Wimbledon - 7
Wigan Athletic - 8
Rochdale - 7

This is very poor.

And yet again. No clean sheet yet again. Simple ball into the box that the defence failed to deal with again. Time and time again.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on April 10, 2021, 03:21:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
And another one. Yet again from a corner. Same as all season.

Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Nothing ever changes with our defensive unit. Terrible.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on April 10, 2021, 03:22:25 pm by 5 on Tour »
I like this new defending a corner tactic we are using. For those that haven’t seen it I will summarise... we watch the ball and the attacking team to see what they can create then shout at each other when it’s in the net. Pure class to watch as a fan!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on April 10, 2021, 03:23:54 pm by MachoMadness »
What's going on with this squad. Completely thrown the towel in. Shambolic.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on April 10, 2021, 03:25:09 pm by Chris Black come back »
I've been saying this for ages and ages now. This defensive unit is terrible, absolutely terrible. Totally unable to keep a clean sheet. I haven't checked the stats this week but I think we may have kept the fewest clean sheets in League One.

It's no good people saying defending is a team game and we need to press all over the pitch. This defensive unit is dreadful at defending simple balls into the box and absolutely risible at defending corners.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 10, 2021, 03:31:31 pm by sheffield exile1 »
This is laughable if it wasn't so serious !!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on April 10, 2021, 03:32:30 pm by since-1969 »
Things will just keep getting worse until someone takes charge .

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 10, 2021, 03:40:34 pm by Chris Black come back »
Total powderpuff defending yet again. They walked through the defence for the third. Not even a semblance of a tackle. Nothing.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on April 10, 2021, 03:42:40 pm by MachoMadness »
Players with one eye on their next contract and a manager incapable of doing anything about it.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on April 10, 2021, 03:49:22 pm by dknward2 »
If I was Butler I'd remind them that these are the performance that they are remembered for if they are looking for contracts else where they won't get them

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on April 10, 2021, 03:50:45 pm by normal rules »
This thread needs re titling. When we lose again today.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on April 10, 2021, 03:52:55 pm by Chris Black come back »
When was the last time we went in at half time 3-0 down at home in the league?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on April 10, 2021, 03:54:49 pm by MachoMadness »
Sunderland away. It's 3-1 now though, at least.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on April 10, 2021, 03:57:23 pm by Chris Black come back »

True but my question was at home in the league. Better reworded anyway as having conceded three at home in the first half at home.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on April 10, 2021, 03:58:37 pm by drfchound »

LoL.
Soz MM, have to giggle at that reply.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on April 10, 2021, 04:02:23 pm by normal rules »
Nine of the away teams are winning at half time today in lge one. Bizarre.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on April 10, 2021, 04:03:31 pm by MachoMadness »
I missed the at home bit, but then I am peering out from behind my fingers watching our defending so you can't really blame me!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on April 10, 2021, 04:03:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
We have now kept one clean sheet in our last sixteen games.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on April 10, 2021, 04:05:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I've been saying this for ages and ages now. This defensive unit is terrible, absolutely terrible. Totally unable to keep a clean sheet. I haven't checked the stats this week but I think we may have kept the fewest clean sheets in League One.

It's no good people saying defending is a team game and we need to press all over the pitch. This defensive unit is dreadful at defending simple balls into the box and absolutely risible at defending corners.

22. Wimbledon - 7
23. Doncaster - 7
24. Swindon - 4

That's as things stand. There's a few teams on 8, including Wigan.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on April 10, 2021, 04:08:06 pm by Chris Black come back »

22. Wimbledon - 7
23. Doncaster - 7
24. Swindon - 4

That is pretty dreadful really.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on April 10, 2021, 04:59:41 pm by DonnyOsmond »

22. Wimbledon - 7
23. Doncaster - 7
24. Swindon - 4

That is pretty dreadful really.

8th worst shots against per game too.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on April 10, 2021, 05:02:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
This is the worst defensive unit we have had since ATS, MacKenzie and McCullough.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on April 10, 2021, 05:04:34 pm by drfchound »
This is the worst defensive unit we have had since ATS, MacKenzie and McCullough.

Best in L1 apparently.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012