Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:48:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time for blunt and Baldwin to take their heads out of the sand.  (Read 3768 times)

Getridorit

• Forum Member
We need leadership at board level to sort this mess out.

They appointed butler in the blind hope it would work. This despite the rot already set in long before Moore left, nothing whatsoever suggested butler, a complete rookie could turn it around, especially with him being apart of the problem before.
He was the easy, and cheap option, no other reason

The club needs fresh managerial blood to shake it up. This was blatantly obvious before hand.
Charlton, Sunderland and pompey showed what should have been done.

How many other clubs would have appointed their part time ladies coach, with ZERO football league managerial experience, to take over when 5th in the table?!??

Absolutely f**king shambolic, and needs sorting NOW!
The way the club as a whole has thrown this season away is unforgivable.

Butler out now!
Get an experienced manager in who know what he's doing, and who can start planning now for next season.

I fear fans won't come back very quickly unless this is sorted ASAP, and I'll be thinking very hard about Wether to renew my season ticket unless more ambition, leadership and forward planning is shown by the club.

SORT IT NOW!!!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
The board are content ! Clear out in the summer , reduce the wage bill get rid of high earners where possible. Recruit more loans and get in a young Manager who just wants to prove himself. So it’s Butlers job if he still fancies it !!

Getridorit

• Forum Member
The board are content ! Clear out in the summer , reduce the wage bill get rid of high earners where possible. Recruit more loans and get in a young Manager who just wants to prove himself. So it’s Butlers job if he still fancies it !!
If that's what pans out mate, then I'm done until it changes.

redrover10

• Forum Member
The board don't give a f**k

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: Time for blunt and Baldwin to take their heads out of the sand.
« Reply #4 on April 05, 2021, 05:38:31 pm by vaya »

They appointed butler in the blind hope it would work. This despite the rot already set in long before Moore left, nothing whatsoever suggested butler, a complete rookie could turn it around, especially with him being apart of the problem before.

The club needs fresh managerial blood to shake it up. This was blatantly obvious before hand.

How many other clubs would have appointed their part time ladies coach, with ZERO football league managerial experience, to take over when 5th in the table?!??

Butler out now!
Get an experienced manager in who know what he's doing, and who can start planning now for next season.

I fear fans won't come back very quickly unless this is sorted ASAP, and I'll be thinking very hard about Wether to renew my season ticket unless more ambition, leadership and forward planning is shown by the club.

SORT IT NOW!!!!!!

Thanks Clem, I think you've touched on this before.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
Like has been said elsewhere, they put in a lot of money every season, but to me it is just money wasted at the minute. The whole strategy of the club needs a rethink.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member

They better get prepared for a relegation scrap then..

ravenrover

• VSC Member
They're out in force tonight, now wasn't that expected!

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
They're out in force tonight, now wasn't that expected!

Perhaps cos most fans are frustrated with the demise of our promising season... and poor decision making..

graingrover

• VSC Member
Imagine if this was the start of a new season
https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=3

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 05, 2021, 07:49:42 pm by eastender »
Before the start of the season Gavin tried to sell us the idea that plenty of loan deals was the way to go , and that he had done his home work and that most clubs that get out of this division had 5 loanees.
Well i've done my Home Work (3 mins) and as it stands right now the top 4 in L1 have a total of 10 loans between them , The top 2 only have 4 between them, with second place Peterborough  only having 1 and he's from Huddersfield.
So IMHO it looks like he's placed to much faith in the high quality loan market and it's back fired massively. Let's see if gets his fingers burnt again next season.
I hope who ever is the new Manager makes a stand and limits the Loans to 3.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 05, 2021, 07:51:12 pm by redarmy82 »
Before the start of the season Gavin tried to sell us the idea that plenty of loan deals was the way to go , and that he had done his home work and that most clubs that get out of this division had 5 loanees.
Well i've done my Home Work (3 mins) and as it stands right now the top 4 in L1 have a total of 10 loans between them , The top 2 only have 4 between them, with second place Peterborough  only having 1 and he's from Huddersfield.
So IMHO it looks like he's placed to much faith in the high quality loan market and it's back fired massively. Let's see if gets his fingers burnt again next season.

The club want to run a squad on loan signings and short term contracts for players we sign.

Can anyone give me any examples of other clubs where this model has been successful?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
I rarely find a need to criticise the board, but why Butler to this day is still without an assistant/colleague, call it what you will, is very suprising. The methods they employ to find managers are sound enough, but the inflexibility when things change is clearly hurting us. I feel they aren't flexible enough to try on capitalise on good positions in January, if and when they come about. Was there ever any plan b?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member

They are probably spending way more than we can though. We have to accept loans will be important for us whoever the manager is. I think this season has to be a lesson in balancing it better.

Big Fey

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 05, 2021, 07:59:56 pm by Big Fey »

The club want to run a squad on loan signings and short term contracts for players we sign.

Can anyone give me any examples of other clubs where this model has been successful?
Blackpool got into the prem doing this..   Only the oywstons greed destroyed it.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 05, 2021, 08:09:50 pm by bpoolrover »

Blackpool got into the prem doing this..   Only the oywstons greed destroyed it.
Blackpool did do that but the quality of there loans were far better than we have got, they also signed Charlie Adam that year, loans are a good thing used correctly

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
I rarely find a need to criticise the board, but why Butler to this day is still without an assistant/colleague, call it what you will, is very suprising. The methods they employ to find managers are sound enough, but the inflexibility when things change is clearly hurting us. I feel they aren't flexible enough to try on capitalise on good positions in January, if and when they come about. Was there ever any plan b?
that isn’t the boards fault, it was butlers choice not to appoint an assistant.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Butler should be told when he needs an assistant. He's given a mandate from the people running the club, and if they gave him that much freedom its an incredible misstep.

silent majority

• VSC Member
I do hope everybody who is contributing to the general ethos that the board don't care, and that they'll be cutting back and appointing a cheap manager, or appointing AB etc etc will be back on this form apologising when the board prove you wrong.

Your names are going on a list!  ;)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 05, 2021, 08:31:14 pm by redarmy82 »
I do hope everybody who is contributing to the general ethos that the board don't care, and that they'll be cutting back and appointing a cheap manager, or appointing AB etc etc will be back on this form apologising when the board prove you wrong.

Your names are going on a list!  ;)

When something happens to prove us wrong, then yes I'll apologise.

However, I have a feeling I may be waiting a while.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Vot is your name?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Don't tell him Pike!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Ah! Pike!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member

wilts rover

• Forum Member

Blackpool did do that but the quality of there loans were far better than we have got, they also signed Charlie Adam that year, loans are a good thing used correctly

Among our loans we have:

A curent full International
A player signed by a PL club in 2019 for £2.5 million
A player from a PL club reputedly for sale at Christmas for £1.6million who has been our best player (when fit)
An England International at 3 Youth Levels

We could sign better than those for a fee could we?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
The board don't give a f**k
   of all my years reading this board this statement is the biggest load of bs going....... Thr boards don't care,????Jesus.   

If u was Terry I would walk away if the vilification gets any worse.   Then watch us slide without any investment.    How many of these so called supporters will follow us if we do.slide down.

Grow a pair

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 05, 2021, 09:01:41 pm by since-1969 »
If that's what pans out mate, then I'm done until it changes.
I agree .  Yet based on the current drop off in performance and results it maybe too late to alter this current direction and it could be left to just play out .
Their Investment in the club isn’t in doubt but the board will not walk away , but could seek to sell on to another . We will all have to wait this one out ! But I stand by my opinion that if goes tits up they will draw in the purse strings .

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 05, 2021, 09:18:42 pm by eastender »

Among our loans we have:

A curent full International
A player signed by a PL club in 2019 for £2.5 million
A player from a PL club reputedly for sale at Christmas for £1.6million who has been our best player (when fit)
An England International at 3 Youth Levels

We could sign better than those for a fee could we?

No , but i never said ditch the loans ,i said stick to 3 loans ,and i'd take the top 3 you mentioned no problem.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Agree with that sign 3 top quality loans (Sims, Smith, Richards) and save the other loan places for Jan to support if there's injuries.

Question marks maybe over Richards been in the top 3 i've chose, after recent performances, but he's probably won us more points than anyone else this season

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 05, 2021, 09:37:10 pm by Move DRFC »

Butler out now!

SORT IT NOW!!!!!!

Can't really disagree with any of that tbf.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012