Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:34:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Please go Butler  (Read 2938 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Please go Butler
« on April 10, 2021, 05:07:07 pm by Filo »
If you really care about Doncaster Rovers, walk now you are well out of your depth!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Please go Butler
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2021, 05:08:00 pm by since-1969 »
Time for a vote !

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2021, 05:08:35 pm by normal rules »
Won’t happen.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 10, 2021, 05:09:12 pm by LincolnDonny »
Well that match was bloody embarrassing

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 10, 2021, 05:09:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
I don't think we can lay this fully at his door really. We are neither going up or going down this season. Let's just take this opportunity to start getting a manager lined up so they are in place for when the season ends. We've in some respects got one over on many other sides as we have nothing to play for. Let's be smart and use this time to get a manager sorted.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2021, 05:10:33 pm by southwestexile »
He needs to go for the sake of the club and his cv

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2021, 05:12:23 pm by Filo »
I don't think we can lay this fully at his door really. We are neither going up or going down this season. Let's just take this opportunity to start getting a manager lined up so they are in place for when the season ends. We've in some respects got one over on many other sides as we have nothing to play for. Let's be smart and use this time to get a manager sorted.

He said he had one to ones with all the players and was confident they would improve, If anything they have got worse!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2021, 05:13:16 pm by normal rules »
How much blame should be laid at Moore’s door. . ? It now seems clear there were/are players who did not expect him to leave the club anytime soon.
I know that does not excuse poor performances, but it’s clearly had an affect, if the rumours are right about a split dressing room.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2021, 05:14:00 pm by normal rules »

He said he had one to ones with all the players and was confident they would improve, If anything they have got worse!

Some youngsters these days don’t react well to straight talking. It could have had the opposite affect.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2021, 05:15:32 pm by mjg »
And take most of the bloody players with you

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2021, 05:16:29 pm by Filo »

Some youngsters these days don’t react well to straight talking. It could have had the opposite affect.

In that case Professional Football is not for them

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2021, 05:16:47 pm by anton123 »
He said the penny had finally dropped ?
Well hope it has for him now as he does the honerable thing and walk

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2021, 05:18:21 pm by mjg »
I saw a lot of players switching off today , not picking up the runners from midfield, and Bogle why have we ended up with him , he wouldn’t get in Sheffield Wednesday’s team

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2021, 05:20:57 pm by Wild Rover »
I can see no justification in AB remaining as manager. Either he is honourable and admits defeat in his endeavours or the Board / owners put him out of his misery. Shame really, but that's life as a manager.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 10, 2021, 05:21:36 pm by mjg »
Butler walks and then what , the season is over anyway , may as well wait until the end of the season and start afresh with a new manager and new players

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 10, 2021, 05:22:25 pm by mjg »
He should get his boots on

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 10, 2021, 05:23:17 pm by River Don »
I can see no justification in AB remaining as manager. Either he is honourable and admits defeat in his endeavours or the Board / owners put him out of his misery. Shame really, but that's life as a manager.

Except in the Lucky Pint SM hinted that no matter how bad things get there won't be any change this season.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 10, 2021, 05:23:32 pm by Filo »
Butler walks and then what , the season is over anyway , may as well wait until the end of the season and start afresh with a new manager and new players

We need to get the ball rolling on a new man now, wait till the end of the season and our long process takes us to nearly July, I already fear for next season if we take the path you are suggesting

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 10, 2021, 05:24:30 pm by since-1969 »

What is a one to one . Seems like he can’t take them all on when it comes to dishing out the home truths . Coward !!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 10, 2021, 05:26:23 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Butler doesn't need to go yet but the recruitment process needs to be under way immediately and someone in post before the end of the month. A manager can judge people and gain more information from seeing them in the training pitch, in the changing room and on the pitch. If we're hiring someone the week after the season and they're just watching videos of games they'll only have half the info. They shouldn't be going on someone elses word either.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 10, 2021, 05:29:28 pm by mjg »
I’d have a tenner on relegation next season but I’d only get a quid back

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 10, 2021, 05:29:49 pm by since-1969 »
Butler doesn't need to go yet but the recruitment process needs to be under way immediately and someone in post before the end of the month. A manager can judge people and gain more information from seeing them in the training pitch, in the changing room and on the pitch. If we're hiring someone the week after the season and they're just watching videos of games they'll only have half the info. They shouldn't be going on someone elses word either.
Maybe Gavin Baldwin should step up and show us what he can do , after all he knows a manager when he sees one!!

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 10, 2021, 05:30:10 pm by northern soul »
We'll  have a new manager in place by the time this season finishes, so I doubt that AB will be walking away from this despite it being as poor as it gets.

Does this mean we've started the process?
AB is stuck between a rock and a hard place at the minute. If he packs it in, he knows we're up poo creek, if he stays then he knows that some of the players don't want to play for us.

AB to the end of the season seems reasonable idea. We're not going out of the division, however frustrating that may seem at the minute.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 10, 2021, 05:31:27 pm by mjg »
The recruitment will not start until we have a manager next season , he will want his own players

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 10, 2021, 05:32:36 pm by mjg »
It’s like some of the players are already on their holidays

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2021, 05:33:58 pm by mjg »
Moore brought this lot in . He new what he was doing when he buggered off

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2021, 05:36:59 pm by DonnyNoel »
It's all down to the players or something more sinister if you read what Nick Buxton says on twitter. Can understand him backing his mate but not a hugely professional post....

https://twitter.com/NickBucco1/status/1380914535280828421

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 10, 2021, 05:41:08 pm by Cramby10 »
It’s really sticking in my throat that poor old Butty is getting the most of the flack!! Sure he’s inexperienced and it clearly has not worked out.
But a lot of these bloody players are taking the piss out of the club and us fans. They don’t give a s**t. You can tell that by the way they perform on the pitch. And some are just not good enough. I for one hope I don’t have to witness many of these players for our team next season.
All barring Anderson, James and Copps can shut the door on their way out!!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 10, 2021, 05:45:29 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Players are letting everyone down though, the lack of urgency is crazy in some of them. Too soft.

It hasn't worked for butler and I'm gutted for him, but it's not all his fault.

Also on the change. Season ends 4 weeks today it's pointless changing it.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 10, 2021, 09:34:17 pm by RedRover »
Season ends 4 weeks today it's pointless changing it.

Absolute b*ll*ocks! The way we finish the season could well define how next season goes or at least how it starts. When Leicester City won the Premier League they began that season how they finished the last. Full of belief and winning.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012