Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:48:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Should Butler be sacked

Yes
80 (60.6%)
No
52 (39.4%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author Topic: Manager Poll  (Read 3178 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Manager Poll
« Reply #30 on April 10, 2021, 07:20:50 pm by Jonathan »
No, don’t sack him. It would achieve nothing at this stage. I want him to succeed but he’s being badly let down by the players at the moment. Anyone else that comes in now will face the same problem. Many of our so called fans are a joke. Desperate to see the head of a respected former player on the chopping block and throwing insults in at every opportunity. They throw the same at the Board. I don’t even know if it’s short memories or no memories.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 10, 2021, 07:36:00 pm by Retdon1 »
And replace him with who exactly?

Or hasn't your thought process extended that far?

Just a few names off top of my head
Out of work
Nicky Butt
Ritchie Wellens
Daniel Stendal
Sol Campbell
Jody Morris

In work
Ryan Lowe
Jimmy floyd hasslebank
Nigel clough
Micheal Duff

If Nicky Butt wanted to be a manager why doesn’t he manage Salford City.
Wellens is waiting for a bigger club ie Preston
Sol Campbell would be a step backwards for us
Daniel Stendal has tried South Yorkshire football and won’t want to try it again
Jody Morris is waiting until Frank Lampard gets another job so he can be his assistant
Ryan Lowe is manager of a bigger club than Rovers
Jimmy Floyd H is in a safe job, Burton don’t change managers very often
Nigel Clough works close to home and will be on good money at Stags
Michael Duff is the manager of the team at top of League 2, same team he used to play for.

How do you know Wellens is waiting for a bigger club, he has very little chance of landing the Preston job. Also how do you know Stendel wouldn’t want to manage in South Yorkshire agss again

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 10, 2021, 07:38:54 pm by PDX_Rover »
Preston are not a bigger club IMHO.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 10, 2021, 07:39:15 pm by Retdon1 »

It’s not our job to find his replacement!

I didn't suggest we should. But people demanding we sack the manager must have given the process some thought as to how that works. If you get rid of one manager you need to have another ready to step in, so who does the OP think should do it?

Its a sensible question.

Most other Clubs don’t seem to have a problem in this area. Surly we would have had a number of targets in mind just incase Moore ever left, just like you would with transfer targets. If we didn’t then why didn’t we ?

edlored

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 10, 2021, 08:08:24 pm by edlored »
Firstly you've got to decide what style ou want to play then find someone who fits it

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 10, 2021, 08:18:10 pm by MachoMadness »
He won't and shouldn't be sacked until there's someone to take over. I hope that's sooner rather than later, mind you.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 10, 2021, 08:20:20 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Don’t want him sacked he deserves respect but also don’t want him managing the team it’s just not working and continuing like this is painful and shows no sign of changing.

Ideally someone comes in and AB stays in some coaching capacity and learns from this failure, maybe eventually he can have another crack at it.

But I think this might have done any chance of a future management career for him which is a shame as it’s got more to do with the players and club situation IMO. Footballs cruel and he’s not a big enough name to get appointed by another team so it may be back to the belles with no chance of getting a men’s job

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 10, 2021, 09:00:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

They clearly are. Bigger crowds, huge history, league above.  Financially not so much.  They turnover 12m in revenue so about double ours but a total wage bill of over 20m which is about 5 times ours.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 10, 2021, 09:05:46 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Bought our best player too. Could easily poach our managers when they win a few games like any championship club. Obviously bigger than us

They clearly are. Bigger crowds, huge history, league above.  Financially not so much.  They turnover 12m in revenue so about double ours but a total wage bill of over 20m which is about 5 times ours.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 10, 2021, 09:08:22 pm by mushRTID »

Hahahaha

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 09:12:21 pm by mushRTID »

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 10, 2021, 09:10:16 pm by Petche »

Laughable statement, of course they are!

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 10, 2021, 09:32:22 pm by Rovers91 »
No, don’t sack him. It would achieve nothing at this stage. I want him to succeed but he’s being badly let down by the players at the moment. Anyone else that comes in now will face the same problem. Many of our so called fans are a joke. Desperate to see the head of a respected former player on the chopping block and throwing insults in at every opportunity. They throw the same at the Board. I don’t even know if it’s short memories or no memories.

The manager has to take responsibility he is the one that sends them out with a game plan and instructions. The shape is embarrassing the team look clueless under him and it is massively worse than under DM. How the team is performing he looks absolutely clueless.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 10, 2021, 09:59:44 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
U can’t sack him unless u have someone else lined up and ready to take over straight away otherwise we will be in the exact same position. I do think he needs to be replaced and give a new manager the rest of this season to see what hat the squad is like and see what he wants to do next season. It is unfortunate because I wanted him to succeed as did everyone but it just hasn’t worked out

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 10, 2021, 10:05:03 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Thats the question. Should we have someone lined up right now?

Personally i'll say yes we should. The moment Moore resigns fair enough give AB a chance but have an idea of who is out there and put some feelers out, given AB is such a rookie it's not a massive surprise it didn't work. It's been dreadful for a long time now speak to the best candidates forget about applications and put us out or misery. Even if we keep losing, a lot is down to the players after all, at least we can look forward to a summer with a manager that is in some way capable and can get rid of all this shite.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 10, 2021, 10:08:01 pm by dickos1 »
The problem we have is we should have started the process when Moore left and not just appoint butler, it’s alright saying the club has a process but they didn’t follow it with butler.
Butler should have been given the job as an interim while the process went ahead.
He could’ve been favourite and given the opportunity to impress, but if he didn’t impress we wouldn’t now be left down shit creek with no paddle, we’d have someone lined up.
The club have messed up big time and left us now in a position which is dreadful for everyone concerned, it’s down to the board, nobody else

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 10, 2021, 10:15:21 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The problem we have is we should have started the process when Moore left and not just appoint butler, it’s alright saying the club has a process but they didn’t follow it with butler.
Butler should have been given the job as an interim while the process went ahead.
He could’ve been favourite and given the opportunity to impress, but if he didn’t impress we wouldn’t now be left down shit creek with no paddle, we’d have someone lined up.
The club have messed up big time and left us now in a position which is dreadful for everyone concerned, it’s down to the board, nobody else

Agree give him job as caretaker nothing to lose if he does well keep the interview/application process going even longer and if it keeps going even better then make it official. Like i've said before doing it this way has ended any chance AB had of a management career. If your a caretaker and lose every game it's no big deal no one expects much better and it's over in a few weeks this is career ending which is a shame he doesn't deserve this

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 10, 2021, 11:17:32 pm by Pliskin »
Moore left on 1st March so we'll have had three months to get his successor in place by early June. Enough time for them to come in, assess the squad and make preparations for the next season. That is a massive advantage compared to the situation when McCann left, and a head start on an other clubs who may end up looking for a new manager in the summer.

If our process for appointing a manager is so inflexible that it can only be done in the summer months and completely squanders the advantage we have then maybe the process is junk and needs changing.

Honestly, if we're still dicking about interviewing people in mid / late June then it'll just be the same old shit next season when we're cobbling a squad of short term additions together with days to spare ...again.

Time is on our side. Don't waste it. Get cracking.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 11, 2021, 12:16:05 am by PDX_Rover »

[/quote
They’re a club in freefall though. Historically they’ve achieved a lot, but I can’t remember the last time they achieved owt. Middle to lower Championship club at best.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 11, 2021, 12:20:50 am by dickos1 »

[/quote
They’re a club in freefall though. Historically they’ve achieved a lot, but I can’t remember the last time they achieved owt. Middle to lower Championship club at best.

Middle to lower championship club at best is much better than what we are

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 11, 2021, 08:05:58 am by mjg »
It’s the players who have let the club down , I can forgive playing poorly but a lack of passion and desire to close the opposition down or to run into space to receive a football I CANNOT FORGIVE, it’s been along time since a bunch of players in red and white have embraced us as fans like this , god only knows what the good teams will do to us now

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 11, 2021, 10:08:06 am by Move DRFC »

Just a few names off top of my head
Out of work
Nicky Butt
Ritchie Wellens
Daniel Stendal
Sol Campbell
Jody Morris

In work
Ryan Lowe
Jimmy floyd hasslebank
Nigel clough
Micheal Duff

The point I'm making is that it takes time to appoint, we have a process, and sacking somebody doesn't mean that somebody else can walk through the door the next day. So what will you achieve by getting rid?

If you want to sack a manager you need the replacement lined up. That's why the thought process needs to extend that far. We can all write names down, that's the easy bit, making it happen needs a bit more work.

Is the process underway then? Surely it is?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 11, 2021, 10:28:18 am by eastender »
I haven't seen it advertised anywhere , was thinking of applying myself ,  little experience required ,can't do any worse can i .  ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012