Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:56:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Longer Planning  (Read 1806 times)

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
Longer Planning
« on April 10, 2021, 05:42:29 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Whether Butler stays or goes, the board need to advertise now unless they want next years ST sales to plummet to single figures.. forget sentiment..fact..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Longer Planning
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2021, 05:47:55 pm by silent majority »
Whether Butler stays or goes, the board need to advertise now unless they want next years ST sales to plummet to single figures.. forget sentiment..fact..

I think they're more than aware of the position we're in.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2021, 05:50:47 pm by since-1969 »

NO I don’t think they are , as that’s just the point and it won’t dawn on them until the find the stadium empty again !!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 10, 2021, 05:51:57 pm by Filo »

Words are empty, actions speak louder, Butler has taken us from a nailed on play off place with a chance of auto, to a team that will finish not many places above the relegation places

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 10, 2021, 05:54:31 pm by since-1969 »

Words are empty, actions speak louder, Butler has taken us from a nailed on play off place with a chance of auto, to a team that will finish not many places above the relegation places
And., that takes some doing . Kamikaze comes to mind.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2021, 05:55:01 pm by silent majority »

Are you sure its Butlers fault though?

You've started enough posts about AB over the last couple of weeks so I'm sure you're in no doubt.

But what if it's not him? Then what?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2021, 05:57:13 pm by since-1969 »
Start with him and work out from there !!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2021, 06:01:37 pm by Filo »

You've started enough posts about AB over the last couple of weeks so I'm sure you're in no doubt.

Are you suggesting its not his fault?

If so out the person or persons that are at fault, the facts are Butler inherited a fantastic position, we are now in freefall, and all he can say is he will not question the desire of the players, well I’ll question that desire, and if Butler wants to play the nice guy, then football management is not for him. Yes I’ve started plenty of threads about him and I don’t regret it, he’s not the man for the job, I suspect you think that way too, but win’t openly say it

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2021, 06:07:11 pm by godlike1 »

Oh SM your talking in forked tounges again.

Your on a hiding to nothing (which I imagine you know) trying to defend anything at the min. Even why the hell it was snowing today. I'm sure that was ABs and the clubs fault.

For me I'd just like to see something decisive done today. Not using AB as the scapegoat but showing some humility. They got it wrong simple as. They should have brought someone experienced to support him whether he wanted it or not. Out if a duty of care for his health if nothing else.

Your comments suggest there is alot wrong behind the scenes and so that gives me huge cause for concern about the club. I've 2 questions

1) are they going to be decisive today?
2) am I right to be worried about the club?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2021, 06:09:07 pm by scawsby steve »

If so out the person or persons that are at fault, the facts are Butler inherited a fantastic position, we are now in freefall, and all he can say is he will not question the desire of the players, well I’ll question that desire, and if Butler wants to play the nice guy, then football management is not for him. Yes I’ve started plenty of threads about him and I don’t regret it, he’s not the man for the job, I suspect you think that way too, but win’t openly say it

I agree with everything you say about AB, Filo, but it's not entirely his fault; as I've said in another thread, the performances in DM's last 10 games were also crap.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2021, 06:15:00 pm by silent majority »

Your on a hiding to nothing (which I imagine you know) trying to defend anything at the min. Even why the hell it was snowing today. I'm sure that was ABs and the clubs fault.

For me I'd just like to see something decisive done today. Not using AB as the scapegoat but showing some humility. They got it wrong simple as. They should have brought someone experienced to support him whether he wanted it or not. Out if a duty of care for his health if nothing else.

Your comments suggest there is alot wrong behind the scenes and so that gives me huge cause for concern about the club. I've 2 questions

I fail to see how I'm talking in forked tongues.

And I'm not trying to defend anything, I'm as disappointed about the current situation as any DRFC supporter. But to answer your questions the best I can at the moment;

1) Yes they will be decisive
2) No, why be worried?

The playing situation is an issue, a big one obviously. But the club itself is OK.

But things will start to right themselves. This season is a bit of a right-off now, but there's till things we can do. Just wait.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2021, 06:22:12 pm by silent majority »

If you ask me for my opinion, then of course I don't think he's the man for the job, how could I think differently?

But if you're asking me if its all his fault, then the answer is no, it most certainly isn't.

We've had some strange things happen at player level at this club over the years and 90% of it never gets mentioned, yet If I dare to even question the attitude or approach of individual players I get abuse, loads of it.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2021, 08:57:15 pm by bpoolrover »

harsh really while i think butler has to go it’s the players who are the let down really there the ones who have made us where we are now

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2021, 09:09:15 pm by Danmckay456 »
I’d scrap contract negotiations for a start I think on one hand the players who deserve to be here next year it’s a disgrace the way some have sulked and strolled about and how lokilo gets a game I’ll never know he shouldn’t be even on the bench

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 11, 2021, 08:26:05 am by the vicar »

no you are wrong in my opinion, Moor has taken us to this as it all started before he left, but to give it to an inexperienced guy is rather silly

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 11, 2021, 09:16:14 am by colincramb »
What an absolute mess this club is right now. They are an embarrassment

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 11, 2021, 11:26:31 am by Donnybax »

I fail to see how I'm talking in forked tongues.

And I'm not trying to defend anything, I'm as disappointed about the current situation as any DRFC supporter. But to answer your questions the best I can at the moment;

1) Yes they will be decisive
2) No, why be worried?

The playing situation is an issue, a big one obviously. But the club itself is OK.

But things will start to right themselves. This season is a bit of a right-off now, but there's till things we can do. Just wait.

to class this season as a write off from the position we were in is such a shame. It’s unacceptable.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012