Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:53:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The sound of a beaten man  (Read 3470 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
The sound of a beaten man
« on April 10, 2021, 06:51:06 pm by Filo »
He knows the writing is on the wall
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09d9hgk

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
Re: The sound of a beaten man
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2021, 07:06:00 pm by eastender »
Only last week he said that he would never question a players desire and attitude , but today he will.
What a load of mixed message's he's coming out with, i don't think he know's what to say next.
Like i said on a different thread , i can't wait for Tuesday's pre match comment's.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2021, 07:11:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He clearly hasn't wanted to publicly criticise players as that never tends to work, teams usually turn against a manager afterwards like when Mourinho does it. He probably feels like he's had enough of their shit.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 10, 2021, 07:27:39 pm by since-1969 »
He clearly hasn't wanted to publicly criticise players as that never tends to work, teams usually turn against a manager afterwards like when Mourinho does it. He probably feels like he's had enough of their shit.
When will the board step in and take their responsibility for appointing the most depressing man in football !!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 10, 2021, 07:31:15 pm by normal rules »
As I have alluded to in a previous post, very difficult to make the leap from being one of the boys, to being the gaffer, especially with the backdrop of Moore pulling the rug from some within the team who did not expect him to leave.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2021, 07:31:28 pm by andyst79 »
When will the board step in and take their responsibility for appointing the most depressing man in football !!
To be fair it seemed the right appointment at the time, it's just not worked out. Time to move on

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2021, 07:31:45 pm by Cramby10 »
oh f**k off. Now you’re getting personal to a bloke who has given everything for this club. It may not be working out but give it rest. Tool.
I’d be ‘depressed’ working with this lot.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2021, 07:31:58 pm by River Don »
I don't think persisting with this is actually doing AB any favours.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2021, 07:37:24 pm by PDX_Rover »

I think everybody (including the owners and board) now know this hasn't paid off, and won't. But go ahead... have yet another dig. It's all you and others ever do. You never ever say anything positive. Ever. You're like Rovers at the moment - pointless.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2021, 07:40:41 pm by mpc123 »
To be fair it seemed the right appointment at the time, it's just not worked out. Time to move on

To you know that this makes so much sense, we are doncaster rovers, if it worked it would be great, but it didn't so we move on, who I'm not sure my heart does say Wellens BUT my heart hoped that Butler would be the answer too.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2021, 07:47:20 pm by normal rules »
He was asked if he wanted to put his boots back on, but didn’t actually answer the question. He said they were not enough leaders on the pitch, yet he is one. I still think he could have been a player/ manager.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2021, 07:50:44 pm by Michael Gibson »
I think the supporters would give the board some credit, if Baldwin or blunt came out and said they’d fkd up......or on the other foot butler walks because this is clearly not for him.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2021, 07:56:54 pm by Superspy »
I don't think he sounds like a beaten man. I think he sounds like a thoroughly pissed off man who is choosing his words carefully to not make the situation worse.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2021, 07:58:12 pm by since-1969 »
I don't think he sounds like a beaten man. I think he sounds like a thoroughly pissed off man who is choosing his words carefully to not make the situation worse.
He’s pissing in the wind now !!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 10, 2021, 08:10:04 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Comments about having meetings with all the players and feeling confident we’d sort it out before the game seem a bit daft now. When things are going bad like this stay away from the press and just concentrate on turning it around. Appreciate he has to do interviews but I’d rather not hear a peep before the match because it’s embarrassing to talk like that then perform like we have

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 10, 2021, 08:12:39 pm by mushRTID »
I think the supporters would give the board some credit, if Baldwin or blunt came out and said they’d fkd up......or on the other foot butler walks because this is clearly not for him.

Do we ever hear from Blunt?
Genuinely I don’t know what he does.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 10, 2021, 08:12:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I feel a bit sorry for him, he sounded like someone who'd just had enough with the players and that is not a nice place to be.  It's tough in any job inheriting a team you don't believe in and that isn't right so I have some sympathy for him there, awful to have to experience it in public like he has aswell.  It's just a shame and a mess.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 10, 2021, 08:14:27 pm by eastender »
He was asked if he wanted to put his boots back on, but didn’t actually answer the question. He said they were not enough leaders on the pitch, yet he is one. I still think he could have been a player/ manager.

He actually said that he would if he could , but wanted to give himself 100% chance in management and back the players to do their jobs.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 10, 2021, 08:20:23 pm by Michael Gibson »
What’s worrying is there’s an issue and nobody’s addressing it.... players have basically admitted it.....: so who or what is the problem and what’s the solution????

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 10, 2021, 08:25:16 pm by Retdon1 »
That interview gives me zero confidence that anything is going to change

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 12, 2021, 09:26:03 am by bobjimwilly »
What’s worrying is there’s an issue and nobody’s addressing it.... players have basically admitted it.....: so who or what is the problem and what’s the solution????

The players are the problem, and there's nothing we can do until the season ends. Carrying a lot of dead weight but they make up too many place in the squad.
I hope Andy and Gavin let their parent clubs know exactly how they've behaved since Moore left, not that some of the players will give a shit with the money they are being paid.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 12, 2021, 09:49:16 am by Metalmicky »

He actually said that he would if he could , but wanted to give himself 100% chance in management and back the players to do their jobs.

Personally hope that he pulls a shirt on again and leads from the front.  Feel that he has been handed his arse by the lack lustre performances by the players and he may as well chuck himself into the task with both feet...... although perhaps not literally.. ;)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 12, 2021, 09:54:44 am by DonnyOsmond »

Personally hope that he pulls a shirt on again and leads from the front.  Feel that he has been handed his arse by the lack lustre performances by the players and he may as well chuck himself into the task with both feet...... although perhaps not literally.. ;)

If I was in his position I'd feel betrayed by the players, so not sure I would want to play with them.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 12, 2021, 10:12:48 am by EasyforDennis »
Those individuals who were on the field on Saturday are 100% to blame. Now that we know we are not going to make the play offs, if it was possible I would send all on loan players back to their clubs and play our youngsters. OK we would probable get beaten but I am sure they would give 100% effort.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 12, 2021, 10:43:18 am by normal rules »
I’d love to see AB pull his shirt on for tomorrow night, if for no other reason than to prove a point regarding leadership. And I’d love if it rovers then got a result.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 12, 2021, 10:47:17 am by Metalmicky »
I’d love to see AB pull his shirt on for tomorrow night, if for no other reason than to prove a point regarding leadership. And I’d love if it rovers then got a result.

Me too...... would be delighted if he did.  Whatever the result, you could guarantee a wholehearted effort.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 12, 2021, 11:42:01 pm by Barmby Rover »
Look at the situation AB finds himself in. He has done his coaching badges, been offered a chance to try management out, he is failing, if not failed. He resigns, nobody will ever take him on again, career over, he can't go back to being a player. He carries on until the board relieve him of the burden, they feel guilty for putting him in the situation, and maybe he gets to start again with the Belles. What on Earth would you do? Maybe go for the police job again. Who knows. It is a mess, and a situation of  folks who put things in place hoping it would work out, when they probably knew it wouldn't and others are to pay for their mistake, but hell, we can't blame the management of the football club can we? The wrath of SM and the sycophants will burn us alive, because  we haven't got the club's future at heart have we? No matter what happens to end this mess, it would be good to see somebody take responsibility for creating the situation, but that will not happen will it?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 13, 2021, 08:39:30 am by Metalmicky »
Look at the situation AB finds himself in. He has done his coaching badges, been offered a chance to try management out, he is failing, if not failed. He resigns, nobody will ever take him on again, career over, he can't go back to being a player. He carries on until the board relieve him of the burden, they feel guilty for putting him in the situation, and maybe he gets to start again with the Belles. What on Earth would you do? Maybe go for the police job again. Who knows. It is a mess, and a situation of  folks who put things in place hoping it would work out, when they probably knew it wouldn't and others are to pay for their mistake, but hell, we can't blame the management of the football club can we? The wrath of SM and the sycophants will burn us alive, because  we haven't got the club's future at heart have we? No matter what happens to end this mess, it would be good to see somebody take responsibility for creating the situation, but that will not happen will it?

I have to confess, I'm not really sure what the point of your ramblings is...... or exactly what you are wishing for or wanting  :huh:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 13, 2021, 09:35:40 am by ravenrover »
Option of another year as a player is still on the table isn't it? Could be difficult going back to being one of the boys after being the boss though

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 13, 2021, 10:10:05 am by Not Now Kato »
Option of another year as a player is still on the table isn't it? Could be difficult going back to being one of the boys after being the boss though

Indeed, and why would he want to play alongside the very people who didn't support him with his current opportunity?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012