Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:01:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The problem is the midfield  (Read 2588 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
The problem is the midfield
« on April 10, 2021, 09:33:36 pm by Filo »
We give the ball away too cheaply, we are weak in the tackle and no one is moving into space. No one takes responsibility, and we just end up turning back inviting pressure

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: The problem is the midfield
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2021, 09:44:43 pm by since-1969 »
We give the ball away too cheaply, we are weak in the tackle and no one is moving into space. No one takes responsibility, and we just end up turning back inviting pressure
The general play has changed since Whiteman and DM departed . No holding midfielder or play maker . Bostock was supposed to help with this but has flattered to deceive . Copps missing today but even he can’t be everywhere. Smith and Sims show flashes occasionally of what their about , but it’s hard to see what can be salvaged now if players don’t feel any pride in there performances.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2021, 10:59:45 pm by roversdude »
Since 1969 for once I agree with you

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 11, 2021, 12:07:11 am by PDX_Rover »
Me too. Agree with S69

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 11, 2021, 08:35:22 am by mrfrostsdad »

Add to this we can't defend and presently couldn't score in a brothel with a roll of 20's sticking out of our top pockets

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 11, 2021, 09:10:11 am by Chris Black come back »
We’ve had four keepers this season, each of them playing around a quarter of the games this season, give or take. This is neither normal, useful or helpful. We need a permanent number 1 who plays 40+ a season.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 11, 2021, 09:15:26 am by StocksArmy »
I see Taylor Richards has posted his goal on instagram as if hes some kind of world beater. Sh!thouse.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 11, 2021, 09:26:49 am by GazLaz »
https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=277563.0

I said it at the start of the season.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 11, 2021, 09:38:50 am by NickDRFC »
https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=277563.0

I said it at the start of the season.

We didn’t miss Sheaf until Whiteman left. Losing your best player is going to hurt any team, but we lost arguably the best player in the league and his replacement hasn’t worked out.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 11, 2021, 09:40:22 am by Filo »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 11, 2021, 11:27:16 am by Chris Black come back »
Lokilo is no good for us. The lad might make it elsewhere but he has arguably gone backwards since the glimpses last season.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 11, 2021, 03:05:00 pm by Chris the Rover »
I thought Lokilo was one of the very few who looked interested yesterday. He did a fair amount of covering back which is more than can be said for the majority of our players.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 11, 2021, 03:50:21 pm by Rovers91 »
Personally I would give Lokilo another year, he is young and still learning.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 11, 2021, 04:40:29 pm by Draytonian III »
I agree with the previous two posts, he’s one of the few yesterday who didn’t give in, some players full time and loanee’s didn’t seem interested after Wigan scored their 3rd

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 11, 2021, 05:24:45 pm by Chris the Rover »
Some didn’t seem interested before they scored their first

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 11, 2021, 05:46:32 pm by essexrover »
Yes the problem IS the midfield. The problem Is also the defence & the strike force (for want of a better word). Add all that up and it's a big all round problem  :(

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 12, 2021, 01:23:12 am by Bailey Vickerage »
I think Lokilo has been one of the better players since the turn of the year. Always tracks back and helps out and unlike some others he tries to create chances.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 12, 2021, 07:59:39 am by Spud »
I agree, he's definitely improved his work rate particularly.
He could yet be an asset for us if he keeps improving, I'd like to see him being a bit braver & taking players on more, he is starting to.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 12, 2021, 08:34:16 am by Chris Black come back »
It is true that he looks like he is making an effort to track back and support his full back, but he is first and foremost an attacking threat. His end result is not there though yet. Case in point being when he was put through on Saturday. Nobody honestly thought that would end with a goal. Likewise his assists. I would be interested in seeing his assist record for this season. He does remind me a lot of Kyle Bennett or Matty Cauldwell. Lot of energy but limited end result. He is though a young lad, so could change. Not sure it is with us longer term though. League One tough for him.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 12, 2021, 12:39:43 pm by 5 on Tour »
You’ve got to feel sorry for Lokilo. He’s trying to cross to Bogle who is about as mobile as a tree!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 12, 2021, 05:51:00 pm by RoversAlias »
It is true that he looks like he is making an effort to track back and support his full back, but he is first and foremost an attacking threat. His end result is not there though yet. Case in point being when he was put through on Saturday. Nobody honestly thought that would end with a goal. Likewise his assists. I would be interested in seeing his assist record for this season. He does remind me a lot of Kyle Bennett or Matty Cauldwell. Lot of energy but limited end result. He is though a young lad, so could change. Not sure it is with us longer term though. League One tough for him.

Lokilo has 1 goal and 0 assists this season from 34 appearances, albeit only 12 of those were starts.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 12, 2021, 09:48:57 pm by Alan Southstand »
We don’t have a goal scoring midfielder. McCan’t saw fit to get rid of the last one we had.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 12, 2021, 11:11:13 pm by Janso »
We don’t have a goal scoring midfielder. McKitson saw fit to get rid of the last one we had.

Fixed

TinyPortal © 2005-2012