Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:24:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: You do wonder...  (Read 4928 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
You do wonder...
« on April 11, 2021, 07:05:08 am by PDX_Rover »
... what is going on within the camp. SM alluded to the fact that one player, who would soon be gone, was causing problems.

I highly doubt it’s one of the loanees. They have no reason to cause trouble, as it would adversely impact their career you’d think.

So presumably it’s one of the players who will be out of contract. You’d assume that if this individual was causing problems, enough that SM knows and has said so on here, he is not being selected for the squad. We know Tayls is legit injured, which only leaves Brad Halliday. Haven’t heard much about his injury... apparently a back ache he reported the morning of the Bristol Rovers game...

Could Weasley be Hogwarts’ antagonist?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: You do wonder...
« Reply #1 on April 11, 2021, 07:13:08 am by since-1969 »
What about 20 or so others are they just standing around doing nowt !!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 11, 2021, 10:31:03 am by PDX_Rover »
Well, I was just wondering, as SM was very specific.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 11, 2021, 10:49:54 am by drfc1951 »
Maybe its one of DM permanent signings whos upset now hes gone.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 11, 2021, 10:53:21 am by the vicar »
That’s fine but how can he unload it on AB if he is annoyed with DM

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 11, 2021, 10:55:18 am by Filo »
Maybe its one of DM permanent signings whos upset now hes gone.

Well if it is the poor sensative soul needs reminding who pays his wages!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 11, 2021, 10:56:57 am by drfc1951 »
That’s fine but how can he unload it on AB if he is annoyed with DM

Just by causing general unrest within the squad.I maybe totally wrong with this.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 11, 2021, 02:02:57 pm by RoversAlias »
I would be shocked if it were Halliday.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 11, 2021, 02:40:21 pm by drfc1951 »
I would be shocked if it were Halliday.

So would i,maybe its someone who thinks he is to good for us.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 11, 2021, 02:42:13 pm by RugbyRover »
... what is going on within the camp. SM alluded to the fact that one player, who would soon be gone, was causing problems.

I highly doubt it’s one of the loanees. They have no reason to cause trouble, as it would adversely impact their career you’d think.

So presumably it’s one of the players who will be out of contract. You’d assume that if this individual was causing problems, enough that SM knows and has said so on here, he is not being selected for the squad. We know Tayls is legit injured, which only leaves Brad Halliday. Haven’t heard much about his injury... apparently a back ache he reported the morning of the Bristol Rovers game...

could someone point me in the direction of this comment by SM please?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 11, 2021, 03:07:27 pm by Michael Gibson »
If that is the case surely the club would go down the disciplinary route with hr just like any other company???

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 11, 2021, 03:33:41 pm by eastender »

I think that the initial post has been deleted.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 11, 2021, 04:40:44 pm by RugbyRover »

I think that the initial post has been deleted.

aahhh, ok cheers

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 11, 2021, 04:57:18 pm by PDX_Rover »
No it hasn’t. I just bumped the thread back up. “If we lose today.”

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 11, 2021, 04:59:36 pm by Filo »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 11, 2021, 05:20:36 pm by DonnyOsmond »
That's not necessarily just one player though.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 11, 2021, 05:21:28 pm by jmt23 »
I don't understand the claims of this, they all sound gutted by the form if you listen to Tom Andersons interview, but also they do not seem to know what has caused it, or how to turn it around.

I see a lot of people blaming the loan players for lack of spirit, yet I see Smith busting his gut to do a job, and often keeps the team within games.
Richards gets loads of stick, but I think he is a player that looks outstanding when times are good, and also the opposite at times like this- he is a luxury player, that will never really get back and tackle - but you have to accept that, he will not change.
Balcombe, again he was furious with the defence, and has done little wrong for me, I imagine knocking Tom out, probably dinted his confidence, but he was just doing his job. Quality player.
Sims, what a player he was prior to the injury, and given game time he will undoubtedly return to that level.
Jules - again he was really good prior to getting injured - but I doubt we will see him again now.
Robertson - I think he has struggled to make an impact, he did have one good game, potentially not enough game time.
Simeos - As above, he may go on to have a good career, but doesn't seem good enough at the moment.

That leaves our contracted players - they simply haven't been good enough and seem to be suggesting the loan players are to blame. I think that's poor and too easy to do, it is a collective mess, and the rot had set in well before Andy Butler took over - This is DM making, and unfortunately AB is going to take the stick for it.
He hasn't been helped by either himself or the club, he needs a coach/assistant manager, and that may well be his undoing. Im gutted for him, a nice guy who is from the town, understands the club and will have been more desperate than any other to make this work.

Football is a funny business, and as fans you never really know what's going on, just nod, winks and whispers. I think this will be the end of this team, and a full rebuild will happen, and on reflection we probably need it.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 11, 2021, 05:25:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »

My money's on Ed Williams.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 11, 2021, 05:43:16 pm by essexrover »
Coppinger ! He's always struck me as a trouble maker  :) :) :coat:

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 11, 2021, 05:52:54 pm by Retdon1 »

Does seem strange why he’s never involved in the squad

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 11, 2021, 06:42:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Does seem strange why he’s never involved in the squad

Isn't that just because he isn't good enough? Odd that we signed him on a two year deal.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 11, 2021, 07:55:19 pm by PDX_Rover »
I doubt it’s Williams. Anyway, he’s on a two year deal.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 11, 2021, 08:15:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I was kidding when I said Williams. At the end of the day I doubt we'll find out.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 11, 2021, 09:05:20 pm by PDX_Rover »

I was kidding when I said Williams. At the end of the day I doubt we'll find out.

True. Maybe time will tell though.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 12, 2021, 01:21:27 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Can’t see it being Williams with him being on a 2 year deal and also the fact that he’s come up from non league u wouldn’t have thought he’d want that reputation and Halliday doesn’t seem like the type of lad that would do that and he’s one of the only ones who try in games and can maybe say that he gave close to 100%

My guess would be simoes with him coming in on loan and never being part of the matchday squad on many occasions and wasn’t one of the reasons Barnsley wanted him out on loan because of his attitude?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 12, 2021, 02:26:54 am by RoversAlias »
It's pointless playing these guessing games. SM's post implied perhaps several players as some sort of clique were to blame, which wouldn't be one individual anyway and it may be a case of just divided factions within the squad, which we've seen before in seasons of struggle.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 12, 2021, 09:33:44 am by Metalmicky »
If there is a clique then it is disappointing... this is, and should be, a collective team.

What I can't understand (or accept) is how they would not want to put in their best efforts, week in and week out.  They are in a privileged position and are earning good money (relatively speaking) so they should be doing their utmost to contribute to the combined team effort.  I'm guessing that the stats will reflect if anyone is under performing, and if that is the case, I (personally) would have no problem with one of the youngsters being given game time to help them develop.   

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 12, 2021, 10:31:12 am by EasyforDennis »
It seems to me we are witnessing the revised and re released version of "The Experiment" Is history repeating itself?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 12, 2021, 04:17:13 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Bostock?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 12, 2021, 05:30:46 pm by vaya »
Pretty obvious there's only one way to get to the bottom of this.

It's a job for Saunders P.I.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012