Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:56:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: You do wonder...  (Read 4934 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: You do wonder...
« Reply #30 on April 12, 2021, 05:39:20 pm by Filo »
Pretty obvious there's only one way to get to the bottom of this.

It's a job for Saunders P.I.

I think he’s still tied up with the South Coast nightclub case

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 12, 2021, 10:28:08 pm by Draytonian III »
Bostock?

14 different clubs at 29 years old  ???

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 12, 2021, 10:32:23 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Bostock?

14 different clubs at 29 years old  ???

Context, half of those were when Spurs sent him on loan as a kid.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 12, 2021, 11:13:04 pm by Fal »
Bostock?

He has tweeted several times after games things that a unhappy player wouldn't put so i doubt its him, plus with his youtube channel showing us his journey to signing for us etc i just cant see it.

Tough result today. Togetherness is key Key
@drfc_official

Grit [gr-it] - to have the drive, stamina and determination to push through any challenge or obstacle thrown your way until you succeed.

We will keep pushing

#drfc

+3! Boys dug deep today, let’s keep building #drfc

Our unity is our strength.
+3 points!! What a feeling. #drfc

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 12, 2021, 11:37:34 pm by PDX_Rover »
Not Bostock. I see Ron is still injured with no real prognosis other than back pain. An epidural steroid injection would help. 

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 13, 2021, 04:17:33 pm by bobjimwilly »
Not Bostock. I see Ron is still injured with no real prognosis other than back pain. An epidural steroid injection would help. 

could be a good shout. any of the loanees could be causing trouble, as they won't necessarily care where we finish the season, and they might just be pissed off with having to get up for training at a normal time, instead of driving in mid-morning... :whistle:

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 13, 2021, 04:24:25 pm by Prez »
My money would be on one of the loan players. Possibly Taylor Richards.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 13, 2021, 04:31:09 pm by GazLaz »
“Causing trouble”. It’s a load of b*llocks. If it was one of the loanees they would be sent back. There’s just not a cohesive environment, that’s the issue. That’s the fault of the previous manager and the board more than the players. They are just a product of it all.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 13, 2021, 05:07:08 pm by Janso »
Thing is, we can't just "send back" the loanees. You can't cancel a loan deal between transfer windows, so we'd be stuck paying wages of a player who'd f**ked off back to the parent club.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 13, 2021, 05:24:11 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Out of all the players in the squad the one that makes sense would be simoes as I’ve said before due to him coming in, very rarely playing and having attitude problems at Barnsley but I can imagine there is possibly more than just him

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 13, 2021, 05:28:52 pm by 5minstogo »
I'm not sure Simoes had attitude problems at Barnsley, more an application of the tactics issue. I'm certain he hasn't been rocking the boat.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 13, 2021, 06:18:56 pm by bobjimwilly »
“Causing trouble”. It’s a load of b*llocks. If it was one of the loanees they would be sent back. There’s just not a cohesive environment, that’s the issue. That’s the fault of the previous manager and the board more than the players. They are just a product of it all.

cmon Gaz you're not naive to think players don't cause that type of trouble

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 13, 2021, 06:21:18 pm by jmt23 »
I think it is lazy to blame the loanees, and easy to do by contracted players ( who I feel have been worse)- there never looks to be a rift between any of them on the pitch, which during the experiment, it was plainly obvious prior to kick off that some didnt get on. They all seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet, but also sound like they have no idea why or how to change it.

Richards gets loads of stick, for his laziness, but he was like that when we were on a great run - like it or not, he is the best player in the team - he is a luxury player though.

Obviously there may be issues during training, turning up late and not putting the effort in, which will obviously annoy, I've not heard that though. Something I did hear about Wilks - I think he was bombed form Barnsley for the same attitude.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 13, 2021, 07:20:17 pm by RoversAlias »
Out of all the players in the squad the one that makes sense would be simoes as I’ve said before due to him coming in, very rarely playing and having attitude problems at Barnsley but I can imagine there is possibly more than just him

Simoes is not a key player nor is he likely to be an influential figure in the dressing room. Troublemakers, if they exist, causing division in the squad will only ever be more important figures within the team. Senior players or regulars, not fringe loanees who are young.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 13, 2021, 07:55:02 pm by Bailey Vickerage »

Simoes is not a key player nor is he likely to be an influential figure in the dressing room. Troublemakers, if they exist, causing division in the squad will only ever be more important figures within the team. Senior players or regulars, not fringe loanees who are young.
surely he wouldn’t have come if he knew he wasn’t going to play much, would’ve thought he would’ve gone somewhere to get game time. And even if he is only a fringe player makes u think why isn’t he getting a look in after the last few results and performances.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 13, 2021, 07:59:55 pm by jmt23 »
I think it is simply that other players are better than him, and he can’t be looking any better in training to be afforded a chance

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Here’s an idea
« Reply #46 on April 13, 2021, 08:59:05 pm by Donnyjim »
Send all the loanees home and play the the youth players for the last 7 games? We are not going to win again this season anyway. There is nothing lose as we are getting gubbed by average teams.

Sacking Butler will do little. There is something rotten at the club from top to bottom. I fear for the clubs future at the moment and I think the COVID pandemic is beginning to have an effect on the club, financially and otherwise. There are some dark times ahead for DRFC I’m afraid. We may just escape relegation this season but not next with the current status quo.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 13, 2021, 09:25:10 pm by colincramb »
Sorry but there is no way we should be relegated from league 1. Our average gate is double that of Burton, Wimbledon, Rochdale, Shrewsbury, etc.

Why should be expect to be relegated?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 13, 2021, 09:29:50 pm by Janso »
Sorry but there is no way we should be relegated from league 1. Our average gate is double that of Burton, Wimbledon, Rochdale, Shrewsbury, etc.

Why should be expect to be relegated?

Jesus, when did we become Sheffield Wednesday?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 13, 2021, 09:30:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
Well, if you mean a spineless club from South Yorkshire and getting hammered every week, that will be playing in League One next season...then, well, yes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012