Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:50:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mickey Mellon  (Read 4969 times)

essexrover

• Forum Member
Re: Mickey Mellon
« Reply #30 on April 11, 2021, 06:29:45 pm by essexrover »
But what has he achieved in his 15 years that’s what I mean
If you can't be bothered to look up the details yourself & just prefer to insinuate he's done nothing I'll lay out his achievements here for you  :)
Fleetwood town from National League North to National league to Football League Two in three seasons.
Shrewsbury Town from League Two to League One the first season after they were relegated.
Tranmere Rovers two successive promotions from National League to League one.
Whether he's the type of manager we'd want is another question but his CV is a hell of a lot better than any boss we've had for a long while.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 11, 2021, 06:41:52 pm by Branton Rover »
By Jove Holmes I think you’ve cracked it

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 11, 2021, 06:42:46 pm by the vicar »
If you can't be bothered to look up the details yourself & just prefer to insinuate he's done nothing I'll lay out his achievements here for you  :)
Fleetwood town from National League North to National league to Football League Two in three seasons.
Shrewsbury Town from League Two to League One the first season after they were relegated.
Whether he's the type of manager we'd want is another question but his CV is a hell of a lot better than any boss we've had for a long while.
oh dear is it the wrong time of the month calm down man take a chill pill
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 06:46:06 pm by the vicar »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 11, 2021, 06:49:25 pm by GazLaz »

Think it’s you that needs to take an anti-plonker pill.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 11, 2021, 07:55:33 pm by lee.j09 »
Story in the daily record today is were about to approach Dundee boss Mickey Mellon

What does it matter?

He comes in at the 11th hour misses pre season. We scrimp about trying to sign enough players again. 5/6 loans either have a poor run and go down, and the board blame passed managers. Or he does well and goes to another club at drop of a hat. And we’re back to square one. So tedious!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 11, 2021, 08:04:45 pm by the vicar »

Think it’s you that needs to take an anti-plonker pill.
whoooo nice man and I wasn’t actually talking to you mister so int it about time you keep that pinochle nose out

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 11, 2021, 08:17:43 pm by knockers »
I see you’re back to insulting people again!
You really can’t change, can you!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 11, 2021, 08:24:49 pm by the vicar »
Yes I sure can, but I’m not insulting anyone till they do it to me.  Do you expect me to sit here and take it without saying a word well i will never do that, I have enough to contend with in my health with out taking shit from someone that I wasn’t even talking to in the first place.  I did not start this in any way but I won’t take it without saying anything back
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 08:32:21 pm by the vicar »

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 11, 2021, 09:05:05 pm by StocktonRover »
Yes I sure can, but I’m not insulting anyone till they do it to me.  Do you expect me to sit here and take it without saying a word well i will never do that, I have enough to contend with in my health with out taking shit from someone that I wasn’t even talking to in the first place.  I did not start this in any way but I won’t take it without saying anything back
When you post on a forum, you’re talking to everyone. If you pm someone, then you’re only talking to them.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 11, 2021, 09:07:41 pm by the vicar »
That might be so but I DID not start this so please get I right.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 12, 2021, 10:51:29 am by northern soul »
https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38274896

Views from Dundee United forum.
Seem positive overall.

CoppsChop

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 12, 2021, 10:57:33 am by CoppsChop »
That might be so but I DID not start this so please get I right.

Your comment about wrong time of the month was particularly offensive.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 12, 2021, 10:59:35 am by the vicar »
I don’t believe any of it what the papers say, as the club say in Liam Hoden column that a new manager will be in place by the start of closed season

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 12, 2021, 11:02:37 am by the vicar »
If you go on a rant then you should expect something as I’m only doing what other people do to me BUT that is ok as it’s them. But does that mean anything as some months I feel worse than others

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 12, 2021, 11:53:56 am by drfchound »
Mate, you are leaving yourself wide open with that last sentence.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 12, 2021, 07:56:11 pm by NewDonny »

He really is not the type of manager DRFC need.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 12, 2021, 08:30:14 pm by BigH »
Mellon's an ok manager at L1/L2 level but his record is more about getting teams promoted from the National League and L2 and keeping them up.

I think the move to Dundee Utd last year may have been as much to do with him wanting to relocate to his native Scotland than the lure of Tannadice. I think his future will lie in doing the rounds of Scottish Premiership clubs.

I'd be very surprised if he threw it all in to come back south of the border and join us.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 13, 2021, 02:10:24 pm by Metalmicky »
More paper talk on the Mellon link...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/2128714/the-doncaster-solution-summer-parting-of-the-ways-could-be-right-for-micky-mellon-and-dundee-united/

Some seem to think that his departure (even if not to DRFC) is inevitable...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012