Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:01:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bloody Rovers  (Read 921 times)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
Bloody Rovers
« on April 13, 2021, 09:56:30 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Over the past 45 odd years, the Rovers have put me through the mill at times but this is something else altogether. No team should ever go from being in the running for automatic promotion to cannon fodder within the space of a couple of months. This doesn’t just come down to poor form, this is symptomatic of something very, very wrong.

What’s the cause? Like most of these things, it’s unlikely to be just one thing. Disruptive players, ineffective management, poor decision making by the board, a collective lack of confidence around the team...for such a catastrophic loss of form it’s probably all of the above to varying degrees. A perfect storm. Whatever it is, in all likelihood as fans we’ll never really get to the bottom of it and thats probably for the best.

So, what do WE do about it? In my view, we do what we’ve always done when the Rovers have somehow managed to snatch disaster from the jaws of triumph. We grumble, we complain, we curse and we argue...and then we dust ourselves down and get on with supporting our club. Nobody ever said that supporting the Rovers was easy. It’s simply not in the contract. If you want unrivalled success and constant glory then maybe supporting the Rovers isn’t for you. For the rest of us, well you can change your wife, your job, your religion...but, irrespective of how diabolically it treats you and how much they piss you off,  you never, ever turn your back on your football club. Rovers till I die.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 10:00:21 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Scooter

• VSC Member
Re: Bloody Rovers
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2021, 10:04:37 pm by Scooter »
Completely agree Herbert. I don’t expect us to score a goal again this season never mind win a  game. I think the squad needs an overhaul and I’m optimistic that the club will appoint the right manager to do that. Despite feeling very apathetic to the team at the moment I will definitely be paying to watch the remaining games and I will defo be buying a season ticket.

I’m looking forward to being let down, dejected, frustrated and infuriated but actually at a live game and not sat on my settee. Forums and social media can be a hive of negativity but I am missing being amongst over rovers fans and sharing the rollercoaster with like minded people

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2021, 10:17:08 pm by PDX_Rover »
Great post. I’m the same as you Herbert, started watching Rovers with my Dad in 73/74. I’m not going anywhere. This, the sweet promise of potential followed by abject despair is part of supporting Rovers. We regroup under a new manager and we go again in August.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 10:44:55 pm by PDX_Rover »

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2021, 10:21:37 pm by vaya »
Quite looking forward to next season personally, although at the minute I'm at the Inspector Dreyfus manic laughing stage as far as this season goes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012