Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:31:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: let's talk about the Burton Albion game  (Read 4264 times)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Re: let's talk about the Burton Albion game
« Reply #60 on April 13, 2021, 08:58:56 pm by bobbymax »
It is utterly appalling! This lot wouldn't compete with a half-decent Conference side! What on earth could cause such a nightmare collapse? It can't be simply the stand-in manager, we were going downhill rapidly before Moore jumped ship and were lucky more than a few times before that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 13, 2021, 08:59:17 pm by POD »
0-3 FT.  Thank goodness it’s over!!   I would give Burton some credit.   They have conceded possession all night - only 39%. ...   but when they do get the ball, they break quickly,  get men forward and create quality chances.   They have changed Manager Mid Season when they were cut adrift at the bottom, but with more or less the same players, they have become a well organised team who play to their strengths and know how to win a game.

We desperately need a Manager who can have the same effect as apart from changing Manager Mid Season Rovers are exactly the opposite of what I have described above.   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 09:08:02 pm by POD »

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 13, 2021, 08:59:33 pm by andy didcott »
Fckin disgrace rovers, refund for season ticket coming up for me, was going to donate it back to the club, but can fckin do one, enough is enough.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on April 13, 2021, 09:05:43 pm by Draytonian III »
Fckin disgrace rovers, refund for season ticket coming up for me, was going to donate it back to the club, but can fckin do one, enough is enough.

So you’ve not watched the matches if you’re going to ask for a refund ?

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 13, 2021, 09:05:51 pm by 5 on Tour »

I think this will happen with quite a few others now as well. If the club are going to allow the players to throw the towel in then they can’t really be surprised if the fans do the same. It’s a sad state of affairs currently.

I’d make a stand and play the U21/U18 players in the next game just to make a point to the “first team”. Every single one, and I do mean every single one, should be utterly ashamed to take home a salary this week.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 13, 2021, 09:07:47 pm by normal rules »
As I’ve said before, any player who won’t be at the club next season, stay at home this sat. Get the under 18 s out. I’m sure they could do a better job.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 13, 2021, 09:10:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
We were playing well until they scored and then we collapsed. Everyone must be thinking that as the circus act at the back is so bad, that once a single goal goes in, more will always follow, so the game is then lost. Heads drop and it is all over.

As bad as those three goals all were, that double chance on 66 minutes was atrocious. Long ball straight down middle, Anderson and Wright a few miles apart from each other, Burton guy strolls through and hits the post, as he ambles to pick up the evening paper. No challenge within the same dialling code, let alone post code.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 13, 2021, 09:10:54 pm by MachoMadness »
What a really sad way for Copps to come to the end of his career.
That's really heartbreaking, that is. You're right. You're absolutely right. Shameful.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 13, 2021, 09:15:10 pm by graingrover »

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 13, 2021, 09:16:21 pm by goalkick »
One thing very obvious tonight burton had forwards we had fej and bogle who are contract players. They never won anything being constantly beaten.hope they are not our future for next year.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 13, 2021, 09:24:31 pm by rich1471 »

So you’ve not watched the matches if you’re going to ask for a refund ?
Just because the football has not been great , asking for your money back is childish , i follow has been worth the season ticket money even if the results have not been.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on April 13, 2021, 09:38:32 pm by RoversAlias »
We were playing well until they scored and then we collapsed. Everyone must be thinking that as the circus act at the back is so bad, that once a single goal goes in, more will always follow, so the game is then lost. Heads drop and it is all over.

As bad as those three goals all were, that double chance on 66 minutes was atrocious. Long ball straight down middle, Anderson and Wright a few miles apart from each other, Burton guy strolls through and hits the post, as he ambles to pick up the evening paper. No challenge within the same dialling code, let alone post code.

Black comedy perhaps but I enjoyed your description of this. I was amazed they didn't score there.

Goalkeeper, defence, midfield and attack. That's the headlines for what went wrong tonight on the field.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 13, 2021, 09:39:58 pm by normal rules »
The way things are going, there will be no trouble social distancing in the keepmoat next season.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 13, 2021, 09:49:31 pm by scawsby steve »
Who the club pick as manager, and how big an overhaul of the playing staff he makes, will be massive factors in the amount of season tickets sold for next season.

The club must get this right, or they could be damaged for years to come.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 13, 2021, 10:22:25 pm by Campsall rover »
Waited till i have calmed down before posting.

After the way we played in the 1st half which was the best for a very long time
( only thing we didn’t do was score )
I am totally flabbergasted at the 2nd half. Once we conceded the 1st goal, heads went down and we simply stopped doing the basics. The defending was embarrassing.
We were a disjointed shambles 2nd half & only one team wanted to win.

What was said at half time to produce that shambles.
I don’t like to blame Butts because he has been a great servant to the club and has always given 100% to the cause. But it is plainly obvious that there are players who are not giving 100% for 90 mins. A football match lasts for 90+ mins not 45 mins.

I am like the rest of us trying to fathom out what has gone on behind the scenes to cause this capitulation.
Am I reading into it something that isn’t there?  If so how has this happened?

I wish the season ended now because another 7 games and possibly 7 defeats is going to be totally sole destroying for everyone at the club and all our supporters.

It will take a massive re build this summer. We must have a new manager in place by early May. That is essential to give him as much time as possible to re vamp the squad.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 13, 2021, 10:51:06 pm by drfchound »
I doubt very much that the capitulation was down to anything that was said at half time.
More likely is that the fragile confidence of a team on a losing streak was shattered when we went behind.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 13, 2021, 10:57:02 pm by sha66y »
Our first half dominance was probably down to Burton not following their own script and getting caught out.....once they got the bollocking they came out and followed the said script.......and won by 3 goals!

My predictions over the last few months have been quite accurate I may add, and I look forward to this Saturdays capitulation ..... onwards and downwards

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on April 13, 2021, 11:31:10 pm by BVB »
Think you have to give credit to Burton. They  subbed at half time - think they changed formation ? may be wrong - and stopped us playing the way we had been in the first half. They pressured us more, forced errors, and attacked in greater numbers on the break. Once we conceded it was always going to be an uphill struggle as their confidence grew and ours diminished.
But we were the better team in the first half and it was pleasing to see the application, movement of old, if only for 45 minutes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012