Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:56:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talent Manager  (Read 6118 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Talent Manager
« on April 12, 2021, 02:13:21 pm by ravenrover »
Doncaster Rovers poised to appoint new talent identification manager
Doncaster Rovers are poised to finalise the appointment of their new head of talent identification in the next few days, the Free Press understands
LIAM HOLDEN

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Talent Manager
« Reply #1 on April 12, 2021, 02:33:24 pm by MachoMadness »
Also in that DFP article he claims we're aiming to have a new management team in place by the start of the summer, which is promising news for all on here I'm sure.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 12, 2021, 02:48:06 pm by ravenrover »
"Rovers are keen to have their senior management team in place at the start of the summer."
Think you've added one 3 letter word in you post there MM, wishfull thinking?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 12, 2021, 02:51:39 pm by MachoMadness »
"Rovers are keen to have their senior management team in place at the start of the summer."
True! And you're right to pull me up on that. But I'd be flabbergasted if that management team didn't include - at least - a new manager. Much as I like and respect Butler as a bloke there is no way he should be handling first-team affairs next season.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 12, 2021, 04:32:11 pm by River Don »
I assume they will find AB a coaching role.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 12, 2021, 04:34:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think we need a clean sweep and start again. I don't think there are any players who I'd be desperate to keep either plus most have been affected with the baggage of these last 12 months too.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 12, 2021, 05:33:13 pm by Janso »
True! And you're right to pull me up on that. But I'd be flabbergasted if that management team didn't include - at least - a new manager. Much as I like and respect Butler as a bloke there is no way he should be handling first-team affairs next season.

To be fair, the new management team could include a member of the current set up. We probably know it won't be Butler, but it doesn't necessarily mean that.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 12, 2021, 07:19:38 pm by Padge_DRFC »
What ever happened to the title being called Head scout?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 12, 2021, 07:35:25 pm by MachoMadness »
There's more to this particular role than just scouting as far as I'm aware.

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2021, 07:49:40 am by redandwhitearmy »
Probably ben chorley? Left Swindon this week to explore new opportunities

Maybe just coincidence.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2021, 08:53:13 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
With every game this appointment becomes more important because the rebuild gets bigger and bigger. While it’s poor management to let the contracts run this low if so many players I’d now be in favour of clearing all of them out bar maybe 3.

A lot of scope for a new man to put get his own squad in place in one transfer window

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 13, 2021, 09:57:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Henshall did well.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 13, 2021, 11:55:21 pm by PDX_Rover »
Simon Cowell. Nailed on.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2021, 08:38:33 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Henshall did well.

I'm starting to question that i know Moore was bringing in a lot of his favorites which makes it hard to know but look at our squad right now it's a joke. Smith, Sims are the only loan players who worked out and one has played in the prem the other has senior international caps. Do you need a talent spotter to know they'll be good for L1?

Of the permanent signings i think Fey was one he spotted while at Shrews and he's just a decent L1 player not anything special. Also who do we have to thank for Williams? Got to blame Moore who had him on trial long enough but the initial suggestion came from somewhere, probably AH

I know a scouting isn't about physically watching games but i'd hope a talent spotter would have us signing non league gems. For that you need to go watch games i doubt they have the data AH was using on those players. Another issue with "talent spotting" and how data driven it is is that it won't pick up character yes you can choose who ran the most or who created most chances per minute on your spread sheet but then we end up with a bunch of cocky kids who's attitude isn't up to it when it goes against you.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2021, 09:06:59 am by DonnyOsmond »
Henshall did well.

I'm starting to question that i know Moore was bringing in a lot of his favorites which makes it hard to know but look at our squad right now it's a joke. Smith, Sims are the only loan players who worked out and one has played in the prem the other has senior international caps. Do you need a talent spotter to know they'll be good for L1?

Of the permanent signings i think Fey was one he spotted while at Shrews and he's just a decent L1 player not anything special. Also who do we have to thank for Williams? Got to blame Moore who had him on trial long enough but the initial suggestion came from somewhere, probably AH

I know a scouting isn't about physically watching games but i'd hope a talent spotter would have us signing non league gems. For that you need to go watch games i doubt they have the data AH was using on those players. Another issue with "talent spotting" and how data driven it is is that it won't pick up character yes you can choose who ran the most or who created most chances per minute on your spread sheet but then we end up with a bunch of cocky kids who's attitude isn't up to it when it goes against you.

I'm not sure Henshall used that much data tbf as most of his signings weren't exactly proficient in any particular metrics. He did also say in an early interview he isn't data reliant, he tends to just have a final look with it.

Data would allow you to draw up a shortlist of 5/10 players that fit a criteria then you can weed out the ones with crap attitude then.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2021, 04:12:47 pm by steve@dcfd »
It was said the new person had been offered the job last weekend to consider. So has the person accepted the job, is the person tying up with Henshaw before he leaves on Friday. Or is the process still ongoing

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2021, 04:17:45 pm by silent majority »
It was said the new person had been offered the job last weekend to consider. So has the person accepted the job, is the person tying up with Henshaw before he leaves on Friday. Or is the process still ongoing

As far as I'm aware yes. AH was involved in the process so I'm sure that they will have had chance to go through the current situation etc.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 15, 2021, 05:43:30 am by keith79 »
Hope this new one is better at finding a striker than the last one.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 15, 2021, 07:52:07 am by Alan Southstand »
Finding a striker we can afford is the problem.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 15, 2021, 08:03:23 am by Padge_DRFC »
Probably spotted loads of decent players, but then we couldn't afford them

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 15, 2021, 10:22:20 am by DonnyOsmond »
We did enquire about Stephen Humphreys last year tbf.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 15, 2021, 12:20:45 pm by eastender »
Hope this new one is better at finding a striker than the last one.

Were stuck with Tweddledee and Tweedledum next season , so our best chance is to get another young Premier lad on loan, unless by some miracle we can off load at least one of them.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 15, 2021, 02:02:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
Fej has not a bad record. This season it is 9 from 24 starts and 9 sub appearances. It’s not great but if we hadn’t have collapsed you could imagine he would have got up to 15 or so.

Problem with him is he doesn’t really fit in to pretty much any system as a striker. Can’t play with his back to goal, not really fast enough to get behind defences, not hard working enough to be at their heels and not a natural or clinical finisher. So it’s not altogether clear whether we can really play him as a striker at all.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 15, 2021, 02:16:44 pm by roversdude »
Tbf to Fej he’s not had that much to feed off, it’s been a strange season and very stop start for him

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 16, 2021, 05:32:54 pm by RugbyRover »
Any news as to where we are with guy? Last I heard he was thinking things over........been a week now  :unsure:

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 16, 2021, 07:49:33 pm by EasyforDennis »
Probably trying to renegotiate his salary now he has realised what a massive job awaits him.

donnyguy

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 17, 2021, 09:00:49 am by donnyguy »
Deal done set to be announced first week in May. The newcomer has tied up things at his present job. Previously was head of recruitment at a championship club.This is according to Free Press

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 17, 2021, 09:22:36 am by Janso »
Deal done set to be announced first week in May. The newcomer has tied up things at his present job. Previously was head of recruitment at a championship club.This is according to Free Press

Wycombe.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 17, 2021, 09:23:17 am by silent majority »

That's right. The new guy has accepted the post and has been appointed. He still has some contract conditions to resolve so we will have to wait until early May to announce his arrival.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 17, 2021, 09:24:38 am by silent majority »

Wycombe.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012